Dirty Thirty "Roundup and Ride"!

dcducks1

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so now I'm crying again...thanks jmcbn Spin and Laurie. Kindness I needed that

Spin I would like to crochet. Have done this before but too many years ago to remember how. Would appreciate some help.

Since I was up. Decided to do some research. Have you heard of Chtis Kessler. He has a blot with Integrative Health stuff on it.

Talks about how to test BS post parandial and eating every 2~3 hours to stabilize blood sugars. Also starrted taking Chromium again for BS.

Have to go get shower for work. Slept from 8-2. 6 hours. Not ideal but ok.

FOR sure I have been tthrough worse

I've heard of Chriss Kessler & read his blog often.

As for eating every 2-3 hrs there is lots of research both for and against this. If you stick to template & eat mini meals (much smaller template meals) rather than snacks when you really feel the need for your blood sugar you'd be doing the best for you.

Don't waiver now - you've seen how this has worked for Meadow, for Spin, and for many many others......

I've heard of Chriss Kessler & read his blog often.

As for eating every 2-3 hrs there is lots of research both for and against this. If you stick to template & eat mini meals (much smaller template meals) rather than snacks when you really feel the need for your blood sugar you'd be doing the best for you.

Don't waiver now - you've seen how this has worked for Meadow, for Spin, and for many many others......

Don't plan on giving up but need to stabilze those blood sugars. DH mentioned I have been rather grumpy lately and I think this is true. DH also said he was not yelling at me last night. It just must of felt like it.

Cried again in the shower.... this is not like me. I had a hard time crying when my Dad died. Maybe this is all tied up in that. Loved my Dad he was my atabilizing force for my not very stable controlling mother.

Don't plan on giving up but need to stabilze those blood sugars. DH mentioned I have been rather grumpy lately and I think this is true. DH also said he was not yelling at me last night. It just must of felt like it.

Cried again in the shower.... this is not like me. I had a hard time crying when my Dad died. Maybe this is all tied up in that. Loved my Dad he was my atabilizing force for my not very stable controlling mother.

Are you including at least a fist sized serving of starchy veg per day? I'd include it at meal 2 & 3 - and ensure you are getting adequate fat in the form of fatty cuts of meat, mayo, avocado, olives - not nuts... Up the size of your meals in general. What are your usual eating times?

Beets, plantains, yams, squash, pumpkin, turnip, rutabaga, parsnips, all varieties of potatoes.

Add some fatty meat in to your food rotation, and compliant bacon.... make sure you are roasting your veg in lots of tallow, lard, or ghee etc.

You've done 30 days but I think you should hold off on reintro until you feel more settled. You don't want anything more upsetting the apple cart just yet.

And don't forget to mention your usual meal times - it may be that they need some tweaking to work in a mini-meal if you're going too long without food.

Learning to read your body's cues or how to listen to yourself after a Whole 30.

Unless you have physical symptoms...such as misery and pain when you overeat - which is an excellent deterrent and a reminder to knock it off,  your ability to listen to yourself may be broken.

Here's how you can begin to fix that.

People who've been thrill eating for most of their adult lives or even binge eating always take it to a level of discomfort.   They feel as if there is a bottomless pit in their belly.

If you rarely have a physical sense of fullness even when you're 100% compliant for only 30 Whole days, you will have to use your brain to scope out what is an appropriate portion going forward after your 30 days are over.

When the food portions are gone - you're done.   Period.  

Admit outloud to yourself that your body's signals are not working at this particular time.   Do this until you start receiving better signals from your body.   Admit it when you eat clearly for entertainment.

Admit it to yourself when you go on a thrill eating spree or full-on bender until you can stop flying by the seat of your pants...that you are not hearing those signals.    Admitting it will help you retrain your brain.

The brain is uncomfortable when you're learning how to listen and read true hunger cues.   True hunger always comes roaring back and does not go away.   Cravings will leave within 10 minutes.   The battlefield is in the mind with cravings.

When our food portions are gone.  We're done.   Period. 

You know  I'm not talking about over-restriction in any way.   When you've been thrill eating for a lifetime, it takes longer than 30 days to establish new patterns to break old habits.   Thrill eaters need extra structure because of years of the loosey goosey approach.   It's so easy for them to slide off the goose and land in a pile of rebound weight gain or blood sugar blues. 

Many a good Whole 30 has gone off the rails on Day 31 and right back into another thrill eating period. This does not have to happen to anyone.

It's going to take a lot of practice,  practice and more practice.   It's alright to have training wheels on your bicycle.   Progress.   NOT PERFECTION.

You don't have to tell all of your friends and family every Whole 30 detail  or that you're working on learning to listen to your body's cues.   Some of us are so sensitive to other's remarks, it can really throw you off of your game.  

Your signals may have been faint or a whisper when you started the Whole 30 but you can finish STRONG. It probably will take you longer than 30 days.  It's taken me 13 months now and I've been learning every single day.

Do not go back to branded diets.   Don't even try to combine their principles of weighing weekly on the scale, measuring cups, food scales, highly engineered to be craved packaged 100 calorie sugar bomb snacks, cardboard dead dinners.....don't combine branded dieting with a Whole 30.

If you do,  you're right back at Groundhog Day and flying by the seat of your pants...again.

It's simple.   As you belly up to the table, remember it is not a trough. 

Admit that your signals aren't loud and clear.  Place the appropriate portions on your plate - 3 X aday, every single day.   When the food is gone...you're done.   Period.

Walk away.  Throw your arms in the air like you are sticking the landing.

4f750af322f39.preview-300.jpg

One day, your signals will be very strong.   Admit the truth to yourself.   Don't rationalize food management in sagey new agey loosey goosey lofty blather.

STOP flying by the seat of your pants.   DON'T  slide off of the goose.  

I love dogs, puppy breath and puppy noses.  Do you have a pet? Do you have kids?  If you love your kids and pets, you feed them the appropriate portions every day so that they don't end up with diabetes.

If you love your pet, their bowls are filled 2 X aday with your Vet's recommendations of what their portion should be.

You care.  You love them.   Treat yourself as well as you treat your kids and pets.   They need you and so does your family.

Beets, plantains, yams, squash, pumpkin, turnip, rutabaga, parsnips, all varieties of potatoes.

Add some fatty meat in to your food rotation, and compliant bacon.... make sure you are roasting your veg in lots of tallow, lard, or ghee etc.

You've done 30 days but I think you should hold off on reintro until you feel more settled. You don't want anything more upsetting the apple cart just yet.

And don't forget to mention your usual meal times - it may be that they need some tweaking to work in a mini-meal if you're going too long without food.

This meal times may be an issue. Last night for an example we shopped at Costco after work then drove home (45 min). Did not have dinner done until 7. Fell asleep in recliner at 8pm. Decided just to go to bed. Did not have snack since I had just eaten and was not hungry at all. Dinner was hamburgers, cooked in avocado oil, mushrooms and roasted carrots. Guacamole on top.

You got this

MeadowLily we are tuned in and moving along

I went years never knowing when to stop on FWOB

Comfort food snacks celebration menus

I now know when I'm full and how much I can portion to keep me in tune with all my inner cues That takes years to learn

As I child I was normal and always hungry never full enough Teen years change you

Some get confident some the opposite you may not want to eat with your friends unless they're enjoying the same

I think developing the ability to really listen to yourself is innate and some choose to ignore those signals in order to stay in the comfort zone

Too scary to venture out

That's when the quick fixes come into play

Let's get this over with and on to the next unsolvable try ...yoyo ...rebound

Let's erase those words from memory and choose to keep stability as the replacement for a fix

shall we

Archived