Starting May 11th

Debzella

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changed my profile picture to my Day 30 picture compare that to my Day 1 pic attached - wow!!!!

have a wonderful day everyone - I will check in again tonight and tomorrow after I have checked the scales and tape measure .... so excited. I have my first treat for day 31 - I purchased a custard apple - never had one - and I am going to have it tomorrow. Re everything else I don't really think I have missed anything that much - a glass of nice red wine would be good with a steak but I am not ready yet. Have a fabulous day 30, Day 16, and whatever days some of you are on. It feels great to have got to Day 30 .... I really did not think I would get there ... so thankful for this forum, for the advice, humour, honesty and friendship I have experienced doing this journey with all of you. Feeling the love  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

attachicon.gifP1060717.JPG

LOOOOKING GOOD BRICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bricky, what's a custard apple?  Whatever it is, it sounds decadent and delicious and something I must have!  Day 30 here and I'm gearing up for breakfast - more eggs with peppers, mushrooms and onions in them, with a little Frank's sprinkled on. Will people be posting their results tomorrow of their weigh-in?  I'm such a slave to the scale and the number does a number on my brain.  It really has been a lifetime battle of defining my self-worth by whatever the scale says.  I know I've lost something - inches or pounds because I'm down a pants size. I look better - clear eyes, bright skin but I haven't gotten any relief from my arthritis yet.  My Dr. wants me to stay gluten-free as that is supposed to help with inflammation, and since bread is such a trigger for me I agree I'll stay away from it.  I'm on so much medication for this, I'll try anything to make it better. It's another gorgeous day in Bellevue, perfect for a walk at lunchtime - trying to get my 10,000 steps in. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Hi Kathiseattle a custard apple is a fruit which has uneven green skin and a white creamy textured inside. Perhaps it is called something else in USA? Here is a link about them http://www.custardapple.com.au/Info-Pages/custard-apple-the-new-super-fruit-of-the-21st-century.html 

I was in Seattle in 2011 and 2013 I attended a training at the Swedish Hospital Cherry Hill Campus are you near there?

Well, today is the day...DAY 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To celebrate, I brought in a huge watermelon to share with my co-workers :) Even though it's the "last" day...it kind of feels just like any other normal day. I'm really focusing on making super great choices today because I want tomorrow to be AWESOME. Yes, I will be weighing and taking measurements and then I'll keep trucking along!

I actually ate my eggs this morning with veggies and avocado and literally felt like licking the bowl clean...silly! Ha!

Non-Whole30 news...it's supposed to get over 90 today in MN so I took the pups for a walk this morning and returned to find a angry husband because apparently, our air conditioning isn't working...going to be a tough day for my fur babies....they went into the basement this morning where it's cooler. Also, I tweaked my darn wrist over the weekend and have to wear a brace!!!! BUT, nothing is holding me down!!! So thankful for this awesome group of great individuals, near and far! My friend who completed her Whole30 recently told me she wished she would've know about this forum during her journey.

post-68756-0-15291400-1433862343_thumb.p

I'm also debating not weighing myself tomorrow. I feel so great! And my clothes are fitting better. And if I feel like I lost 10 lbs but only lost 5 lbs, I know I'll be disappointed, and that's so wrong!!! So I might just stay away from scale all together. 

ME TOO! 

Day 28 for me here and I love all y'alls exuberance and excitement! So proud of everyone and your achievements! Woooohooo! And even JMN, can't believe you're already halfway there! Seems like you just started yesterday. 

I'm sad it's coming to an end, I feel like I'm just beginning to hit my groove now! A couple things I'm so excited to continue on Day 30 and beyond:

- NO WEIGHING. this is a prison created for us, and we choose to stay inside our little cells. not me. No Weigh In. haha I feel like I'm going to a bra burning.  Hell No, We Won't Weigh! haha those who chose to get on scale, Weigh On, Sistas! :)

- Drinking 2.5L water daily

- Fried eggs + sweet potato hash b'fast. if i looked forward to oatmeal every day for 5 years, i see no end in sight to this one

- Eating 3 square meals every 5 hours max

- Early bed time

- Whole Foods all the way - grass fed meats, healthy fats, organic and high carb veggies + finding new and delicious recipes with new ingredients and spice combinations

- being okay with not working out if my body doesn't feel like it and doing something gentler, like walking or bike riding

I still haven't gotten to the sleeping like a log stage, and I feel like that might be the key for me. Getting enough sleep at the right hours has been a lifelong challenge, so figuring that out would be major. Also - the constipation thing. That too has been lifelong. I started taking a magnesium supplement a few days ago and HELLO I think that might be doing the trick. 

DEBZ -  I know I said I was toying with a Whole67, I have to see how this new shift to a focus on lifestyle [sleep, meal timing, etc] plays out with my energy levels. Because if it stays good, I'll stay on. But if I continue being a lethargic mess, I have to listen to my body and start reintroductions. 

congrats all!!!

I'm also debating not weighing myself tomorrow. I feel so great! And my clothes are fitting better. And if I feel like I lost 10 lbs but only lost 5 lbs, I know I'll be disappointed, and that's so wrong!!! So I might just stay away from scale all together. 

Yes, CC!!!

I didn't weigh myself before so I would have no idea anyways and, remember, the scale can lie! Your body composition may have completely changed and you still may weigh the same amount as before. It is no indication of your success during the past 30 days AND Melissa even says it, "Because the sooner you ditch the idea that the scale is your ultimate measure of success, the healthier and happier you’ll be."

Check out this blog post: http://whole9life.com/2012/03/5-reasons-to-break-up-with-your-scale/ 

Bricky - I've never seen a fruit like that before, so now I need to look for it - this looks really yummy.  Bellevue isn't by "Pill Hill" which is what the local's call that area where you trained.  I'm across the bridge on the Eastside of Lake Washington.

hi guyzzzz!  i've been away for a few days but still bangin' along with this wonderful WOE!  i'm guessing this is your 30th day for most of you right?  WOW!  you did it and it wasn't hard at all right?  soooo happy for you all!  i know what you all mean about the scale!  a friend of mine calls it 'the metal monster'!  LOL!  she stopped weighing herself years ago.  and i love what you guys said about weighing, and the quote from melissa.  it's all soooo true.  weight is a state of mind.  right?  it's just a number.  feeling great is what really counts!  and i do!  xo,  :)  :wub:

Well, I just had a breakdown or two...

Yup. Right there in the grocery store. I wasn't able to pack a lunch today so I planned to go to the normal "go to" salad bar spot...it's great, right in the grocery store, lists all the ingredients for everything, I mean EVERYTHING. Today, I was making my lovely salad because I am finishing this Whole30 strong and walked over the "protein" section and there was absolutely NOTHING there. NOTHING...no chicken, no turkey...no nothing. Figuring they were going to refill and bring some more out, I asked the employee tending the salad bar..."Is the chicken coming out next?" She blatantly looked at me and gave me a big, fat, NO. "We're done with the meat today." I looked at my watch and said IT'S ONLY ONE O'CLOCK!!!! Then proceeded to throw my pre-made, protein-less salad in the trash. Dramatic, I know. But, I was pissed (and still am) and sauntered out of the store to my car where I had a little tear fall (or a few).

After I cleaned that mess up in the car, I proceeded to go to another place that is very similar but doesn't have as much of a selection...got there and of course, NO COMPLIANT PROTEIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. So, I was able to find some Applegate turkey that's compliant in an "emergency" along with my little salad and a few other things...$30 later (HOLY*!*!*!), I checked out to find they over charged me by $10!!! She said the only want to refund was to stand in the 20 person long Customer Service line...I was already late back to work so I just said FORGET IT. Walked to my car and drove back to work, PISSED. I just want to go home...

I didn't give in........10 hours and counting...Hope you had a laugh from this today, because now I'm realizing how ridiculous I acted. Dumb :)

Well, I just had a breakdown or two...

Yup. Right there in the grocery store. I wasn't able to pack a lunch today so I planned to go to the normal "go to" salad bar spot...it's great, right in the grocery store, lists all the ingredients for everything, I mean EVERYTHING. Today, I was making my lovely salad because I am finishing this Whole30 strong and walked over the "protein" section and there was absolutely NOTHING there. NOTHING...no chicken, no turkey...no nothing. Figuring they were going to refill and bring some more out, I asked the employee tending the salad bar..."Is the chicken coming out next?" She blatantly looked at me and gave me a big, fat, NO. "We're done with the meat today." I looked at my watch and said IT'S ONLY ONE O'CLOCK!!!! Then proceeded to throw my pre-made, protein-less salad in the trash. Dramatic, I know. But, I was pissed (and still am) and sauntered out of the store to my car where I had a little tear fall (or a few).

After I cleaned that mess up in the car, I proceeded to go to another place that is very similar but doesn't have as much of a selection...got there and of course, NO COMPLIANT PROTEIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. So, I was able to find some Applegate turkey that's compliant in an "emergency" along with my little salad and a few other things...$30 later (HOLY*!*!*!), I checked out to find they over charged me by $10!!! She said the only want to refund was to stand in the 20 person long Customer Service line...I was already late back to work so I just said FORGET IT. Walked to my car and drove back to work, PISSED. I just want to go home...

I didn't give in........10 hours and counting...Hope you had a laugh from this today, because now I'm realizing how ridiculous I acted. Dumb :)

Oh man, how miserable!  I wanted to stomp and cry for you!!

Well, I can't believe I pulled this off. Although I still have 8 hours.

Yay us!

And mcki0133, I've totally been there at the Whole Foods salad bar and been SO irritated, so I totally get it! Especially when you can't just walk over to the deli line instead and just get a sandwich!

Yay, guys! Day 30! Everybody must be soooooo excited right now. Literally hours away from the end!

I stayed compliant yesterday and today, even though on the road and out of town. This morning at the hotel breakfast buffet, it was looking pretty dismal…. western omelets with cheese oozing out of them, contraband breakfast sausages, muffins, cereal, your basic nightmare. And then… in the corner, it was like the sun broke through the clouds and a light from the heavens shone down on a little bowl of hard-boiled eggs. I swear angels were singing!

I brought canned salmon for lunch, with an apple, and we were home by dinner, so I made compliant stuffed peppers with ground turkey.

I can't thank this program enough, or all you wonderful fellow whole30-ers. I feel better than I have in years, and I have a really nice, even energy that lasts all day. It might not be the kind where I could lift a car, but I'm getting stuff done. :)

Tomorrow I'll weigh in, (although, like others have said, it's not the most important thing anymore) and then I'm getting back on the horse and ride for another 30 days. I never want to stop. :)

Can't wait for tomorrow, to read about everybody's 31st day!

Congrats to all of you for reaching day 30! I've learned lots from everyone on this thread and will continue to check in because it seems like a lot of you are continuing with your journey.

Can't wait to see everyone's results tomorrow!

O.M.G.! Well at this point at least I can just laugh about this.

So I'm 5 hours from completing day 30, and I have literally not made a single slip, not one! (that I know of). So I'm cooking my kids pasta and without even thinking about it I popped one in my mouth to see if it was done. DOH! FIVE. HOURS.

I actually think it's pretty hilarious. I'm still considering myself as having completed my Whole30, not my Whole29.79.

I have gorgeous looking mayonnaise in my fridge right now thanks to my kind, generous, thoughtful friend Jean! This girl literally drove to Bed, Bath & Beyond for me today to buy my emulsion blender! And as a bonus she includes a Ball mason jar. What a gem she is! I love you Jean!

Man, did my work day seem to go on forever, I was way too excited to concentrate and just really wanted to stand up and yell "Hey everyone I made it through 30 days of no dairy, grains, sugar, alcohol and legumes!" Good thing I controlled myself huh. Damn proud I am, damn proud!

So this is weird, but my stomach is feeling kind of bloated tonight. I might have eaten too many raw veggies yesterday. If I'm feeling this way in the morning I'll wait one more day to weigh and measure. No big deal.

See y'all mañana!

- NO WEIGHING. this is a prison created for us, and we choose to stay inside our little cells. not me. No Weigh In. haha I feel like I'm going to a bra burning.  Hell No, We Won't Weigh! haha those who chose to get on scale, Weigh On, Sistas! :)

- Early bed time

-I still haven't gotten to the sleeping like a log stage, and I feel like that might be the key for me. Getting enough sleep at the right hours has been a lifelong challenge, so figuring that out would be major. Also - the constipation thing. That too has been lifelong. I started taking a magnesium supplement a few days ago and HELLO I think that might be doing the trick. 

OK so I think I am the first to post - the timeline thing weirds me out!

I did weigh .... I wish I hadn't .... I so agree with you Sophia. init2winit and others who have talked about weighing (and of course Melissa). Why is it that those numbers have such a great hold and effect on us? I refuse to give in to disappointment - I have had so many NSV through the 30 days and I know where I could have done better

• Portion control - I think my portions are often too big (protein that is) not sure - moderators would that make a difference?
  • not enough sleep - as you know often I am up after MN - just like Sophia this is a lifelong challenge for me - so much to do so little time if only I could stay up all night I would get soooooo much done (nah - I would feel dreadful) - honestly sometimes that is how I feel
  • drink more water - the water has tapered off since the temperature dropped and winter arrived
  • excercise - I really did not do that - was too tired to begin with and then .... see bullet point 2 - too much to do - cooking, washing up, patchwork, cross stitch and of course housework ......
  • I really did not slay the sugar dragon - I ate too many dates and used fruit as a sugar substitute after meal 3. I know I read the book, I was informed but I did it anyway - just a little at first than every night sooooooooo I have decided to go again - day 1 tomorrow
  • In case you are curious the numbers are - lost 3.7kgs (that was the great disappointment) and a total of 7cms - 5 from bust, 2 from waist and 1 from hips. Did loose heaps around the midriff and of course it is evident in my photos that I lost in face and neck

Arin I know how you must have felt - just like I did last night with the artichokes I had already tasted them before I read the ingredient list - what a scream, so funny, amazing how many things we do out of habit and unconsciously isn't it?.

Hope you are all feeling extra proud and wonderful

I am feeling super proud, despite my initial disappointment - I am healthy, happy and feeling good. Can't really say the tiger ever found me - perhaps in this 30 days.

Miki - what a nuisance and how frustrating .... sometimes it seems that whatever we do things just don't turn out as we would like.

Congratulations to everyone finishing they W30 and to all others with still a little way to go - keep on keeping on we are all AWESOME!!!!!!  :)  :lol:  :rolleyes:

• In case you are curious the numbers are - lost 3.7kgs (that was the great disappointment) and a total of 7cms - 5 from bust, 2 from waist and 1 from hips. Did loose heaps around the midriff and of course it is evident in my photos that I lost in face and neck

Bricky - those sound like some pretty amazing physical results on top of all of the NSVs you've experienced! You should be so proud of yourself. Stupid scale...

I made my normal 3 egg breakfast this morning and had a spoonful of peanut butter with it, which I was a little excited and nervous about. It felt weird to go off plan but, man, is peanut butter delicious. The beauty of the W30 is I was able to just have a spoonful and then...wait for it...STOP! 

So my day of adding in legumes has commenced. I'm going to have a serving of pinto beans with my otherwise compliant lunch and I am going to make a chickpea pancake (using chickpea flour) to have with my compliant dinner tonight. Then back to eating all W30 for the next 2 days. 

Soooooo proud of everyone!!! Can't wait to hear everyones thoughts. :)

Bricky - those sound like some pretty amazing physical results on top of all of the NSVs you've experienced! You should be so proud of yourself. Stupid scale...

So my day of adding in legumes has commenced. I'm going to have a serving of pinto beans with my otherwise compliant lunch and I am going to make a chickpea pancake (using chickpea flour) to have with my compliant dinner tonight. Then back to eating all W30 for the next 2 days. 

Soooooo proud of everyone!!! Can't wait to hear everyones thoughts. :)

Thank you  :) I have definitely signed up for another 30 so am having a rum and diet coke on my day 0 - would not have done that if I was reintroducing but since I am going for another 30 I thought I would join hubby in a pre dinner drink  :rolleyes:

Good morning! Good morning! Good morning!

Bricky, 3.7 kilos is great! And your new photo is beautiful, BTW. 

I weighed this morning. It was interesting. I totally forgot that my digital scale throws out random (read: high) weights depending on it's mood and where I've placed it on the floor. So the first reading, I lost 3 pounds. What the what? I feel so unbloated, lighter, more comfortable in my clothes, how could it be only 3 pounds? But then, I remembered, the scale flaw. I moved it to a different place. Oh. 5 pounds. Better. Then I thought, well maybe I lost some more on another part of the floor, so I moved it again. Lost 3. Moved it again. Gained 1! Moved it again. Lost 4. Resisted the temptation to take off my pajamas, but did go out in the garage, put the scale in the garbage, and brought in an old one I had out there. Lost 4 pounds. Resolved to go to the store and buy a new scale. Did I ever mention that I have a problem with compulsive weighing?

At that point, I said, "What the hell am I doing?!?!?" Sat down, had a cup of coffee, and thought about all the NSV I've had, how I've given up my over-wining and over-eating, how people have been telling me how good I look, how my face and belly aren't bloated anymore, how I can just go to my closet and put things on without worrying about disguising my menopause belly, how energetic I feel, how calm I feel, and how sane and present I feel.

Does a number weigh more than that? No.

Okay, I had my moment. My day 31 is also my day 1. Here we go again!  :)

Thank you  :) I have definitely signed up for another 30 so am having a rum and diet coke on my day 0 - would not have done that if I was reintroducing but since I am going for another 30 I thought I would join hubby in a pre dinner drink  :rolleyes:

Bricky - that's a brilliant plan. Enjoy it.  :) I'm glad you're doing another one too. It's been an awesome experience.

hi guyzzzz!  i've been away for a few days but still bangin' along with this wonderful WOE!  i'm guessing this is your 30th day for most of you right?  WOW!  you did it and it wasn't hard at all right?  soooo happy for you all!  i know what you all mean about the scale!  a friend of mine calls it 'the metal monster'!  LOL!  she stopped weighing herself years ago.  and i love what you guys said about weighing, and the quote from melissa.  it's all soooo true.  weight is a state of mind.  right?  it's just a number.  feeling great is what really counts!  and i do!  xo,  :)  :wub:

Robbs! So happy to see you! And you're so right. Feeling great is what really counts, and I'm glad you do. :)

I've started my second Whole30, so I'll see ya around the forum, kid.  ;)

WE DID IT!

And I weighed in.  I lost 8.8 pounds.  Decent amount.  Not gonna lie, was hoping for more, but I am down a whole size, so I am not complaining.  I am so much more comfortable in my skin.

I also don't feel like I slayed my sugar dragon, too much fruit, and I found out I really like dates.  I'm cutting out the fruit for now, fresh and dried, in an attempt to kill that beast.  I am re-introducing foods though, starting with either soy sauce or chickpeas, depends on where the day takes me, and I'm not going to worry about added sugar in salad dressings when I'm out.  That's the biggest problem for me....there are gorgeous salads at work and I haven't been able to eat any of them.

Way to go everyone!

Archived