Starting May 11th

Debzella

Good morning peeps! Day 25! I don't want this to end! Today, I feel like it all is coming together. Good night's sleep, good energy, centered and balanced, it's a beautiful morning. 

I feel so much better, that I posted my new face this morning. Yikes! I feel so much healthier, and thinner, especially in my face and belly area. I can't wait to weigh in on the 31st day, but I don't want to stop eating this way. I really love it now. I don't miss any of my old "favorites" anymore. I just want to continue feeling great.  :)

Bricky - your post reminded me… Before I started this program, I used to have restless leg at night, sometimes so bad that I'd wear headphones to bed listening to binaural beats, to take my mind off the legs, so I could finally go to sleep. And, I can't believe I didn't notice until now, that I haven't had that in about a week and a half. Another NSV, and a big one at that.

Robbs - Yay, on the book! It's got great recipes and beautiful pictures. And isn't it great when all your stuff on the conveyor belt looks so healthy? 

Amanda - I was hungry last night too. I went to my sister's house and didn't get home until 11:30pm. If I would have gone to bed at my regular time, I never would have noticed, lol. But since I was still up, I knew I wouldn't be able to fall asleep. I had a hard-boiled egg, and that did the trick. I slept really well, last night, which is something of a miracle.

Lauriem - Sushi might be one of the things I let back in.  

Mcki - I like that courage is one of your NSVs.  :)

Breakfast - Sauteed spinach with garlic topped with 3 fried eggs.

Lunch - The rest of the chocolate chili and a BAS

Dinner - Grilled (Yes! I did it! I got a new propane tank for my grill! Must be the tiger.  :) ) chicken thighs, sweet potato, and compliant cole slaw with homemade mayo.

Have a happy, tiger-filled day!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't sure if you all saw this, but it popped up on my Instagram feed...The Future of Whole30

http://whole30.com/2015/06/future/

I have definitely used Lara bars and Rx bars as emergency go-to's but, after reading this, I can see why it may not be the best idea for me and my sugar dragon. 

Hope everyone has a great day!

I am honestly glad... I have found myself in this program leaning on my Larabars as well. 

Wasn't sure if you all saw this, but it popped up on my Instagram feed...The Future of Whole30

http://whole30.com/2015/06/future/

I have definitely used Lara bars and Rx bars as emergency go-to's but, after reading this, I can see why it may not be the best idea for me and my sugar dragon. 

Hope everyone has a great day!

Thank you for sharing this! I haven't used the bars much...only on my trip to Phoenix out of state when I knew there wouldn't be anything on the airplane. Puts everything into perspective!

Nickie hope you feel better soon

Debz love the new profile pic looking quite slim - isnt it funny the things you dont even realise have been better with W30 until you get them again - I had totally forgotten about my restless legs until it happened last night - feeling tired tonight so hopefully in for a better sleep.

Had my 4th well being appointment today - feeling fabulous and doing a Reiki workshop on the weekend being attuned to level 2 and maybe 3 so excited.

thanks for the post init2winit I was looking up recipes for Lara bars tonight - I had better read that post tomorrow before I decide to make some :wacko:!

meal 1 brekky mince with fried 1 egg and left over vegs

meal 2 - in a rush - no time grabbed a handfull of cherry tomatoes and 2 boiled eggs to eat on the train

meal 3 slow cooked pork loin with mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, garlic, herbs - yummy sides of steamed vegs and mash potato&sweet potato

Goodnight all waking up to day 26 tomorrow - almost there  :)

Nickie hope you feel better soon

Debz love the new profile pic looking quite slim - isnt it funny the things you dont even realise have been better with W30 until you get them again - I had totally forgotten about my restless legs until it happened last night - feeling tired tonight so hopefully in for a better sleep.

Had my 4th well being appointment today - feeling fabulous and doing a Reiki workshop on the weekend being attuned to level 2 and maybe 3 so excited.

thanks for the post init2winit I was looking up recipes for Lara bars tonight - I had better read that post tomorrow before I decide to make some :wacko:!

meal 1 brekky mince with fried 1 egg and left over vegs

meal 2 - in a rush - no time grabbed a handfull of cherry tomatoes and 2 boiled eggs to eat on the train

meal 3 slow cooked pork loin with mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, garlic, herbs - yummy sides of steamed vegs and mash potato&sweet potato

Goodnight all waking up to day 26 tomorrow - almost there  :)

Okay Bricky, I'm quite sure we were separated at birth now. We have so much in common. I practice reiki. I've been finally feeling like I have the right energy to pursue a reiki practice with real, live clients.  :)

Hi Jeanie! They say that once somebody gets used to black coffee, they can never go back to the way it was. Welcome to the dark side.  :)

Changes are still happening in the last few days of W30! I'm starting to like my coffee without Stevia!
WHAT?!?!?!?!

Changes are happening faster for me in this last week. I feel like it's finally all coming together. 

deb!  hi gorgeous!  you look fab!  love the new picture of you!   :)

i just love reading all of these posts!  i want to try to answer and shout out to some of you when i can!  i will.  on the coffee thing, i still miss my stevia for that little bit of sweet, but i'm sure i will get used to it.  it's like seltzer.  i used to hate it.  but now i love all the different flavors.  and it's got nothing in it that's bad.  i found coconut hemp milk.  the ingredients are:  hemp nut base (filtered water, hemp nut [shelled hemp seed]) coconut cream, natural vanill extract, tricalcium phosphate, sea salt, gellan gum, vitamin A palmitate, Vitamin D2, Riboflavin, Vitamin B12.  contains coconut.    does this sound ok?  i'm still learning about ingredients.

i'm really feelin' the love of this WOE though!   :)  :wub:

Hi Robbs - the vanilla extract makes in non-compliant (most likely). All vanilla extract either has alcohol or sugar in it! I just use canned, full fat coconut milk. The only ingredients are coconut milk and guar gum. 

Debzella, awesome pic!!! I can't wait to see all the updates and transformations after day 30 :) My friend at work who was also doing this is now 1 week post Whole30 and lost a total of 12lbs!!! I'm crossing my fingers that we'll all see those kinds of results! But, I'm so glad of all our NSV's so far...this is just crazy.

Today is day 25...5 days left. I'm still on the fence of whether or not I'm going to keep going and not introduce anything back in for another 30 days...we'll see, I guess. Feeling food today...loving my zoodles...Everyone at the office keeps asking me for recipes and how I make this delicious food they wish they could have. All I say is WHOLE30!!! haha

Rock On ALL!

Robbs

In my opinion, I'd stay away from anything that sweet (compliant or not) especially in your withdrawal phase. You're trying to clean your system and get rid of cravings. You might replace sugar with vanilla and not achieve what you really want to achieve which is ridding your body (and mind) of the "need" for sweets.

My 2 cents may be worth nothing. But it worked for me. And I'm an all or nothing kind of gal anyway. My DH says "everything in moderation". He's speaking a foreign language and I just don't understand him ;-)

deb!  hi gorgeous!  you look fab!  love the new picture of you!   :)

i just love reading all of these posts!  i want to try to answer and shout out to some of you when i can!  i will.  on the coffee thing, i still miss my stevia for that little bit of sweet, but i'm sure i will get used to it.  it's like seltzer.  i used to hate it.  but now i love all the different flavors.  and it's got nothing in it that's bad.  i found coconut hemp milk.  the ingredients are:  hemp nut base (filtered water, hemp nut [shelled hemp seed]) coconut cream, natural vanill extract, tricalcium phosphate, sea salt, gellan gum, vitamin A palmitate, Vitamin D2, Riboflavin, Vitamin B12.  contains coconut.    does this sound ok?  i'm still learning about ingredients.

i'm really feelin' the love of this WOE though!   :)  :wub:

The vanilla extract would make the product not compliant, per the Whole30 Can I Have Guide:

"Vanilla Extract: No

Honestly, we think this ruling is kind of silly (nobody uses vanilla extract for the buzz), but we must be consistent with the guidelines to avoid confusion. The vast majority of vanilla extracts you can purchase for home use (in-store and online) contain alcohol, and the rest contain sugar alcohols. And, since we ask you to exclude alcohol and all forms of sugar from your Whole30, vanilla extracts are non-compliant. (If you see vanilla extract listed as an ingredient, you can count that product out for your Whole30, too.)Tip: You can  use 100% vanilla bean powder in place of vanilla extract. We use it in a 1:1 ratio in recipes (1 tsp. vanilla extract = 1 tsp. vanilla bean powder)." - See more at: http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/#sthash.sbkyfbUP.dpuf

thank you cc, chris, init2winit, and jeannie!  i hope i didn't leave anyone out!   :P i will not use it then.  i should have waited to ask before i bought it.  but that's ok, someone here can use it.  where do you find the coconut milk in the can?  i am just going to have to get used to my coffee black.  i used to drink it that way years ago.  i don't know why i started using the coconut cream.  it has carrageenan in it.  what is that and why is it bad?  

• Administrators

thank you cc, chris, init2winit, and jeannie!  i hope i didn't leave anyone out!   :P i will not use it then.  i should have waited to ask before i bought it.  but that's ok, someone here can use it.  where do you find the coconut milk in the can?  i am just going to have to get used to my coffee black.  i used to drink it that way years ago.  i don't know why i started using the coconut cream.  it has carrageenan in it.  what is that and why is it bad?  

Carrageenan is bad and makes whatever it's in, non compliant. There's lots of info about it online but it's a known gut disruptor and inflammer.

WOW WOW WOW gone a couple days and the board explodes. this is exciting! you guys are all on such an amazing roll. congrats all around! BRICKY & DEBZ love your new profile pics oooh la la

BRICKY funny about telling your mom you're on W30 and a second later she offers you a cupcake. classic. every person i tell this to does exactly the same thing ;)

NICKIE: my go-to protein is hard boiled egg. no need for a cooler, I never refrigerate them if I'm going to eat them within the next 24 hours and they've always been fine. But then again, I prefer food/drinks room temp over fridge cold. 

DEBZ: be careful of spiced teas. a lot of them add stevia and other "natural flavors." I just had The Most Hilarious 3-weeks long email exchange with the T2 tea company about their milky oolong with "natural and artificial flavors" where literally after weeks of back and forth trying to get an ingredient list, they finally say one of their natural flavors is a sweetener. In the tenth email when I ask what sweetener, they say, 'honey syrup" COME ON. 

ROBBS: on carrageenan ... right? what the heck is that? someone posted this article on one of the other W30 forums showing once again, food science is scary: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/feb/21/a-feast-of-engineering-whats-really-in-your-food?CMP=fb_gu

INIT: thanks for posting about the snack bars! a reminder to me about how it's just as important why I eat certain foods as what's in them. This whole30 has really been a great and powerful reminder that healthy is in the behavior, not just the food. 

and with that here's my Whole 30 POSITIVE THINGS list:

1. tired at night (usually never get tired and stay up way late)

2. face skin softer

3. no cramps w period

4. a sense of honesty around food choices

5. you guys

On the downside, and I don't even want to post this, bc you guys are all on such a high and it bums me out to be a debbie downer, my energy level is still in the crapper. I basically have to put my head down around 4/5 PM every day, and whenever i do physical activity I have to self-talk my way through it and conjure up the energy to finish. I'm eating templated meals for the most part, and i'm hoping it's just allergies or my period, both of which are tapering off now. Since I've heard many people don't hit their stride until the very end of their W30, I'm forging ahead, and planning to delay  introductions -- and weighing, since my clothes are all tighter:( -- for at least another two weeks. I have another acupuncture appt tonight and hoping that magic woman will help w energy questions. 

compliant cheers (with pure coconut milk) to my compadres!

thank you on the carrageenan info lady shanny and sophia!  i will stay away from it and i will read the link you sent me sopia.  thank you.   :)

sophia i hope your energy levels rise and i hope your accupuncture appt tonight does work its magic!  let us know!  i'll be thinkin' of you.   :)

Archived