Chez Julie Post-Whole30 Log

chezjulie

Yay, getting the gang back together! LOL!  :D

I'm going on a business trip next weekend, so I'm going to start the weekend after I get back (Jan. 17).

Are you doing a W30 or longer, and have you started a new thread?

Have fun on your trip!  I'm starting with a W30 and will probably extend it.  I started a new thread called Ready, Set, Go: 2016.  Talk to you soon then!!! 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thu. 2-22

Meal 1   2 Applegate hot dogs w/ketchup & mustard, sauerkraut, pumpkin w/ghee & pps, 4 cantaloupe chunks, coffee w/coconut milk, chocolate truffle

Meal 2   tuna fish, spinach, mushrooms, avocado, blueberries, EVOO & balsamic

I thought I would start tracking again today. I'm training to eat similar to Whole30 through the week, and then I've got a wedding on Saturday where I'm looking forward to enjoying some favorite treats, such as champagne.

As I mentioned in my other thread, my therapist noted that I seem happier when I'm following a Whole30, less stressed about random out of control eating.

The biggest challenge for me right now is that I possibly have a medical issue which is making me fatigued, so it's very hard to incorporate exercise into my life beyond gentle walking.

Have a great day!  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update on me: 

In mid-February I was diagnosed with mild adrenal insufficiency (the result of taking a lot of oral steroids for asthma) and prescribed a daily regimen of hydrocortisone. This has been giving me increased appetite and carb cravings, and I've gained a couple of pounds. I have not been sticking to Whole30 style eating. Fortunately, I should only be on this medication temporarily while my body heals.

I'm due for more bloodwork with my primary care physician soon, which is where I have my prediabetes stuff tested, so I'm feeling inspired to start eating better. I welcome all cheerleading from the sidelines!  :)

Sun. 3/27

Snack 1   sliver of hubby's pizza 

Meal 1     1 1/2 chile lime chicken burgers w/mayo, Cruciferous Crunch (kale, cabbage, Brussels sprouts) in coconut oil, applesauce, coffee w/milk

One place where I have really gone off track is breakfast, so this morning's Meal 1 was a major improvement! 

Sun. 3/27, ctd.

Meal 2    Starbucks Protein Box (hard‐boiled egg, cheese, muesli bread w/peanut butter, apple slices, grapes)

Snack 2  chocolate almonds

Meal 3    omelette w/beef, onions, & mushrooms, beans, French fries w/ketchup, melon slices

Snack 3  1/2 Kombucha, applesauce 

Not super great but definitely more protein and veggies than recently!

Meal 1     1 1/2 chile lime chicken burgers w/mayo, roasted Brussels sprouts, piece of chocolate, coffee w/milk

Meal 2     Evol Ziti Bolognese Pasta Bowl, fruit salad

Meal 3     barbecue beef, French fries, fruit salad

Snack 1   peanut butter pretzels

I don't know if anyone would really call this "back on track," but I am trying to get in a good breakfast and track my eats.

I also need to go to the store especially for veggies; I tried sugar snap peas with my barbecue, but they were tasteless and went in the trash.

I got some test results back today, and I've still got the adrenal insufficiency so have to keep on the meds for now.  :angry:

Meal 1   barbecue beef, fruit salad, hearty portion of almond butter, coffee w/milk

Meal 2   Evol Ziti Bolognese Pasta Bowl, apple

Meal 3   2 breakfast tacos (eggs, bacon, potato, refried beans, avocado, cheese, & salsa in tortillas)

Snack 1 Kombucha, yogurt w/chia seeds

Today was a step in the right direction... no sweets! I'm mainly trying to incorporate some of the things that I thought worked really well for me on the Whole30 - large breakfasts, meals composed of protein + veg + fat, and staying away from sugar.

Britt, I did an ACTH stimulation test which tests to see if your adrenal glands produce the appropriate amount of cortisol. I see an endocrinologist for this. 

Meal 1   Aussie Bites (baked oat snacks, relatively healthy but I ate way too many), coffee w/milk

Meal 2   EVOL meal, kiwi and strawberries

Snack 1 2 chocolates

I've been doing really crappy as far as eating healthy (and not staying away from sugar). My allergies were horrible this weekend, so I didn't go to the store or anything. I'm going to try to do easy things that are relatively healthy for a while until I'm more on track. There might be grains. 

Snack 2   almond butter

Meal 3     chicken, black beans, rice, green beans w/potatoes, plantains, pita bread

Snack 3   small portion of ice cream

Okay, so that wasn't great but I TRACKED! So I'm going to call it a good start.

• 2 weeks later...

Meal 1   Panera egg souffle, fruit cup

Snack 1 4 mini chocolates

Meal 2   chocolate protein smoothie w/banana & peanut butter

Meal 3   gluten free lamb lasagna

Snack 2 peanut butter pretzels, watermelon chunks

Not the best day, but I wanted to get in the habit of tracking again!

• 2 weeks later...

Meal 1   protein bar, blue corn chips w/guacamole, coffee w/milk

Meal 2   EVOL Chicken Tikka Masala, apple

Food:   I'm really having trouble getting into the swing of breakfast. Maybe because I'm on meds that make me crave carbs? I'm also wanting something really quick for on the go that I don't have to make, and I haven't come up with a good option yet. 

Flow:    I've been looking into joining the campus gym in May, but they are going to be renovating the entire 2nd floor, which is where I used to work out. That's the area with all of the treadmills, weights, and the walking track.  :angry:  I might join anyway and use the pool or take some kind of aqua fitness classes. Healthwise I have been feeling a whole lot better lately and ready to add some light exercise. 

Snack 1   Blueberry muffin

Meal 3     Steak burrito w/avocado slices, sour cream, fruit

Snack 2   ciabatta roll w/butter & jam

Today:

Meal 1   2 hot dogs, butternut squash, EVOO, 1/2 ciabatta roll, piece of chocolate, coffee w/milk

Food: I have a lot of ground to make up in getting back to paleo-ish eating, but at least I got some protein & veg in my breakfast this morning.

Archived