Chez Julie Post-Whole30 Log

chezjulie

W10D70M1   3 eggs, potatoes, & grape tomatoes, in olive oil w/TJ's Curry Sauce

W10D70M2   lemon grilled chicken breast, mixed greens, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, EVOO & balsamic vinegar

W10D70M3   3 Kalua chicken thighs, butternut squash, green beans w/ghee, fresh figs

Food:   I missed a day of tracking yesterday. It was a weird day anyway as I wasn't very hungry and did some grazing but only one actual meal.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

W10D71M1   2 Applegate hot dogs, butternut squash, 1/2 banana, coffee w/non-dairy creamer :( 

W10D71M2   1/2 Jason's Deli roast beef sandwich on ciabatta w/mayo & guacamole spread, green salad w/Italian dressing & a few croutons, cantaloupe & strawberries  

W10D71M3   3 Kalua chicken thighs, butternut squash w/EVOO, green beans

W10D71S1   3 meatballs, 100 Cal. cashews pkg.

W10D71S2   1 1/2 beers

Food:   I was at a work training all day; hence the non-dairy creamer and Jason's Deli sandwich. Went to see my husband's band play, so had my first alcohol since starting the Whole30 way back when.

Feelings:   Wow, I blew past Day 100 of Whole30-ish eating without even realizing it. One thing I notice is that it is much easier to walk by candy at work, or the cookies at the workshop today, or pastries that my DH has brought home. Before Whole30 , I would have just eaten it every time...

W10D72M1   G Chocolate Chip Whey Protein Bar

W10D72M2   roasted salmon, arugula, cucumber, tomato, & lemon/EVOO dressing, dark chocolate

W10D72S1   2 pkg. 100 Cal. cashews, Gingerberry Kombucha

W10D72M3   2 chicken thighs, 1 turkey sausage patty, refried beans, green beans w/EVOO, apple slices

Food:   I'm going to try to find a protein bar that's more paleo-ish for Saturday mornings. I just don't want to make a big breakfast before I rush off to dance class, so I end up getting something convenient that's not the best choice.

Flow:   dance class (I have been forgetting to track this but will try to remember as I'm going to be increasing my exercise)

W10D73M1   grilled chicken, arugula, cucumber, strawberries, & lemon/EVOO dressing, Starbuck's Iced Soy Latte w/1/2 pkg. sugar, peanut butter

W10D73M2   grilled chicken, roasted Brussels sprouts & potatoes w/EVOO, pepper, green grapes

W10D73M3   ground beef, onion, tomato sauce, tomato paste, poultry seasoning, roasted Brussels sprouts & potatoes w/EVOO

W10D74M1   3 turkey sausage patties, roasted potatoes & green peppers, roasted carrots, EVOO, slivered almonds, coffee w/cream

W10D74M2   grilled chicken, mixed greens, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, strawberries, EVOO & balsamic vinegar

W10D74M3   ground beef, onion, tomato sauce, tomato paste, poultry seasoning, refried beans, 1/3 avocado, roasted carrots, 1/2 Gingerberry Kombucha

W10D74S1   strawberries

W10D75M1   steel-cut oats "pudding", strawberries, almonds, dried cranberries, coconut, coffee w/NDC

W10D75M2   tuna fish, mixed greens, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, avocado, EVOO & balsamic vinegar

W10D75M3    ground beef, onion, tomato sauce, tomato paste, poultry seasoning over zucchini noodles in EVOO, sweet potato w/ghee & pumpkin pie spice, 100 Cal. pkg. cashews, 2/3 Gingerberry Kombucha

Food:   Couldn't find the complete ingredients for the My Fit Foods Oat Bake. Grabbed coffee at a convenience store so again with the non-dairy creamer. Yuck! 

Feelings:   I feel like I am back on track again. I've lost two pounds since my birthday/illness/trip combo and my clothes are a tad bit looser.

SELF-EVALUATION

I told you guys this was coming. I feel like because I haven't always been perfect with my eating, haven't lost a ton of weight, and have been on so many different medications over this period that I can't tell what is caused by the meds and what by the diet, I've started to lose sight of the benefits of Whole30-ish eating. So I reviewed the list of non-scale health indicators, and these are the ones that spoke to me the most. And okay, I made up a few of my own.

• Improved cholesterol numbers
  • You no longer count calories
  • You no longer eat frozen meals for convenience
  • You’re more optimistic about your ability to improve your health
  • You have a healthier relationship with food
  • You are able to turn down treats at work
  • You are no longer a slave to sugar and carbs
  • You naturally have more variety, color, vitamins, and minerals in your diet
What do you guys think?

W10D76M1   2 Applegate hot dogs w/kechup & mustard, hard boiled egg, handful of spinach w/EVOO, small muesli bread w/Justin's Honey Peanut Butter, venti iced soy latte w/1/2 pkg. raw sugar   

W10D76M2   chicken breast, mixed greens, red cabbage, shredded carrots & beets, broccoli florets, EVOO & apple cider vinegar, 2 Hershey minis

W10D76M3   lamb & beef, eggplant in EVOO, broccoli & cauliflower florets, huge bowl of honeydew melon chunks

Food:   Wow, I didn't realize breakfast was quite that big. I had the hot dogs and the spinach (the small amount that hadn't spoiled) at home, then met a colleague at Starbucks and had the egg and the muesli/PB from the Protein Bistro Box w/my latte.

Thanks for the congratulations, Britt! It was actually a re-loss of two pounds. I had lost a little under 7 lbs at the end of the first 30 days, gained back about 4 lbs. while I was sick and all, and now I'm down a little under 5 lbs. from my starting weight. 

ETA: I hopped on the scale again this morning (Day 77) to see that I'm now down 6 1/2 lbs, so just about where I was after the 30 days. Yay! And good evidence that it really does work when I'm eating mostly Whole30.  :D 

W11D77M1   2 Applegate hot dogs w/kechup & mustard, loads of Brussels sprouts, small portion roasted eggplant, cauliflower, & broccoli, coffee w/milk   

W11D77M2   chicken breast, mixed greens, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, sugar snap peas, 1/2 avocado w/EVOO & balsamic vinegar

W11D77M3   shrimp, snow peas, a few bites of white rice, grape tomatoes & celery sticks w/hummus, mixed nuts & dried cranberries, 2 chocolate covered strawberries

W11D77S1   sweet potato w/ghee & spices

Food:   Can you tell that I went to a reception after work, and listed my nibbles at the end of my dinner?  ;)  I walked past a lot of cheese, chips, and cookies.  :)

W11D78M1   2 Applegate hot dogs w/kechup & mustard, copious snow peas, mixed nuts, 4 piece chocolate

W11D78M2   tuna fish, 1/3 chicken breast, mixed greens, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, sugar snap peas, 1/4 avocado w/balsamic vinaigrette

W11D78S1    piece of grocery store bakery cake loaded with frosting

W11D78M3   boiled shrimp w/cocktail sauce, baby carrots, guacamole, mixed nuts, Cosmic Cranberry Kombucha

W11D78S2   Applegate hot dog, sugar snap peas

Food:   This afternoon I had a huge fall off the wagon, but I'm not going to worry about it. I think it was totally to do with it being a few days before my period, and I probably haven't been eating enough starchy carbs to keep carb cravings in check. I went into the break room where there was a "goodbye" cake for someone, intending to have a little taste. I ended up diving into the cake like Casey Wilson in the SNL "Annuale" commercial. http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/annuale/n12189 (I highly, highly, highly recommend watching this video). I have not been wanting crappy food like this or eating other crappy food at work, so I'm just going to chalk it up to that once a year period!  :lol:

Feelings:   Maybe this is what food freedom means. I know I ate something crappy that is not helping me get where I'm going healthwise, but I'm not beating myself up because I know it's just an aberration, and that I know how to eat well and like doing so. I will buy some beets and potatoes to get me though the next few days.

post-67977-0-17099600-1440190277_thumb.j

W11D79M1   1 1/3 Honey Almond Rise Bar

W11D79M2   2 beef hot dogs, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, & mushrooms sauteed in bacon fat w/1 strip of bacon & TJ's 21 Spice (OMG so good!)

W11D79M3   pork, BBQ sauce, pasta salad (shell pasta, apples, walnuts, bacon, Russian dressing, mayo), watermelon chunks, 1/2 brownie

W11D78M4   1 beef hot dog, baby carrots, guacamole, baked French fries w/ketchup, pasta salad 

Food:   Well, the first Saturday morning protein bar experience was not good. The Rise Bar tasted like a soft Bit-O-Honey candy. Blech. I'd had a small chunk as a sample earlier and I just threw the rest of that bar away. I could use some of those Instagram suggestions, Britt!

My real breakfast, however, was incredible. I had to cook up a package of bacon for a recipe for a potluck I'm going to later today. I just kept the bacon fat in the pan and threw in several generous handfuls of shaved Brussels sprouts, cole slaw veggies, some mushrooms that were going bad, and sauteed it all. I added one strip of bacon for crunch, and some spice for flavor. Soooooo good. The only thing I would do differently next time is drain about half of the bacon fat first, because it was too much of a good thing.

Went to a memorial service/potluck this afternoon. I brought a pasta salad that my Mom used to make. I had a bunch left over afterwards (people had brought so much food) and I decided that I didn't need to tempt myself over a $1.00 bag of pasta, so I picked out the apples and walnuts and threw the rest away. 

The fries were my starchy carb for today; I don't have a problem with fries.

Overall, today was too light on protein and I didn't have any vegetables with Meal 3. 

Flow:   short walk, dance class

W11D80M1    beef hot dog, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, & mushrooms sauteed in bacon fat w/TJ's 21 Spice, baked French fries w/ketchup, venti iced soy latte w/1/2 pkg. raw sugar   

W11D80M2    2-3 eggs, Brussels sprouts, & cabbage sauteed in EVOO w/TJ's 21 Spice, refried beans, guacamole

W11D80S1     Larabar

W11D80M3    veggie burger w/quinoa, kale, avocado, black beans, & pico on 1/2 of the bun, French fries w/ketchup

W11D80S2     mixed nuts

Food:   funny tummy tonight so bland vegetarian dinner

W11D81M1   1/2 banana, Justin's Almond Butter, venti iced soy latte w/1/2 pkg. raw sugar

W11D81M2   chicken breast, kale & broccoli slaw w/cranberries, mashed potatoes

W11D81M3   large bowl of ice cream, 2 thumbprint cookies

W11D81M4   2 Applegate hot dogs w/ketchup & mustard

Food:   My DH had surgery this morning. I had a funny tummy last night and this morning, and a big sugar binge this evening. Planning a fresh start tomorrow.

W11D82M1   2 Applegate hot dogs, peas & carrots

W11D82M2   guacamole w/tortilla chips, 2/3 venti iced soy latte w/1/2 pkg. raw sugar

W11D82S1    Larabar

W11D82M3   3 Applegate hot dogs, peas & carrots 

W11D82S2   large bag of plantain chips, sliver of cheesecake, 1/2 Strawberry Kombucha

Food:   Funny tummy and lack of appetite for much of the day. Medication related? Made myself eat some late dinner and then snacked.  :( 

W11D83M1   2 Applegate hot dogs, sweet potato, coffee w/milk

W11D83M2   tuna fish, baby spinach, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, avocado, EVOO & balsamic vinegar

W11D83M3   shrimp w/cocktail sauce, sugar snap peas, black grapes, walnuts, dried apples

W12D84M1   2 Applegate hot dogs w/ketchup & mustard, sweet potato w/ghee & pumpkin pie spice, coffee w/milk

W12D84M2   brown rice California rolls, 1 pkg., 2 Hershey minis

W12D84S1   3 mini crab cakes, 1 mini beef empanada, 1 4 oz. mimosa

W12D84M3   small serving shrimp, roasted chicken breast w/EVOO & spices, green beans, sweet potato w/ghee & pumpkin pie spice, juicy peach

Food:   Not enough green vegetables today. Went to a work-related reception today and had a few nibbles.

W12D85M1   2 Applegate hot dogs w/ketchup & mustard, green beans w/EVOO, raisin & nut power bagel, venti iced soy latte w/1/2 pkg. raw sugar

W12D85M2   chicken breast, baby spinach, mushrooms, avocado, EVOO & balsamic vinegar

W12D85M3   chicken breast, large serving refried black beans, avocado, green beans w/EVOO, black grapes

W12D86M1   Probar Base protein bar

W12D86M2   chicken breast, cabbage, & green beans in EVOO w/TJ's Pasta Puttanesca sauce

Food:   Another failure in the quest to find a healthy-ish protein bar for Saturday mornings. Too sweet. Lunch was really good. I chopped up some leftover roasted chicken breast and green beans and added it, as well as some chopped cabbage, to olive oil in the pan. Once that was sauteed up, I poured in jar of this pasta sauce, which includes olives.

Flow:   dance class, walk in park

NOTE:   The Whole30 folks have changed the forums so that you can only edit your posts for 15 minutes. No more starting a post in the morning and then coming back to update it later in the day. I'm super bummed about it, and it means I will be trying to do multiple posts to track my day.

Archived