Chez Julie Post-Whole30 Log

chezjulie

W12D87M2   2 1/2 Applegate hot dogs, spinach in EVOO

W12D87S1   Larabar, 1/2 cookie, Gingerberry Kombucha

W12D87M3   lamb rosemary garlic meatballs, broiled asparagus in EVOO, sweet potato w/ghee & pumpkin pie spice, black grapes

Food:   Dinner was really good... I made meatballs using ground lamb seasoned with rosemary garlic spice. Only downside was when I started a fire in the oven from using the broiler.

NOTE:   I hate breaking up my day into multiple posts like this!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

W12D88S2   1/2 cinnamon raisin English muffin

* Had a snack after logging my evening meal for yesterday

W12D88M1   3 rosemary garlic lamb meatballs, 1/2 Applegate hot dog w/ketchup & mustard, broiled asparagus & bell pepper in EVOO, venti iced soy latte w/1/2 pkg. raw sugar

W13D93M1   gluten-free oatmeal w/milk, chia seeds, & PB2 (powdered peanut butter)

W13D93M2   Zoe's Kitchen salmon & beef kebabs, roasted vegetables, small sweet potato w/ghee & pumpkin pie spice, can of Coke

Food:   I went totally off the rails this past week. I think it started a few weeks ago when my husband needed to have emergency surgery, and then this week I got sick and just didn't feel like eating my WholeJulie foods. I ate a grain-based veggie burger with sweet potato fries or fruit for dinner three nights in a row! There were also a number of baked goods and many diet sodas. Holy carbs, Batman. Today is the first day all week that I've felt like I was ready to reclaim my healthy eating. 

Feelings:   Well of course I felt terrible about myself for going totally off track this week, and for the downward slide since my Whole30. But I can't continue on this way. I have prediabetes, and eating the old way just isn't an option. 

W13D94M1   2 Applegate hot dogs, Brussels sprouts in EVOO, Gala apple, handful Brazil nuts, 1/2 venti iced soy latte w/1/2 pkg. raw sugar 

W13D94S1    small sweet potato w/ghee & cinnamon, curry powder

W13D94M2   hamburger, mixed vegetables, French fries w/ketchup, 1/2 Gingerberry Kombucha

Food:   Feeling much better about my food choices yesterday & day.

Feellings:   I'm going to start another Whole30 the Sunday before October 1st. (I want to do it for October, but it's a lot easier to start on a weekend). I don't think it will change my eating a huuuuge amount, but it should help me clean up those things that I need to clean up, mainly occasional sweets.

W14D95M1   2 Applegate hot dogs w/ketchup & mustard, mixed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots) w/ghee, French fries, 1/2 venti iced soy latte w/1/2 pkg. raw sugar

W14D95M2   California rolls (brown rice)

W14D95M3   fajita beef, peppers & onions, lettuce, guacamole, 4 small flour tortillas, dollop of sour cream

Food:   We are all out of food; can you tell? Today's been fairly carb-y with the brown rice and tortillas... I had to go into work and grabbed takeout for lunch and dinner... But no sweets and I feel like my mindset is in the right place. I just need to get to the store!

W14D96S1   5 oz. bag of cashews

W14D96M1   egg with bagel & bit of cheese, coffee w/milk   

W14D96M2   tuna fish, baby spinach, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, 1/2 avocado

W14D96M3   3 Applegate hot dogs w/ketchup & mustard, baby spinach, 1/2 avocado, EVOO & balsamic vinegar, sauerkraut, butternut squash w/coconut oil & pumpkin pie spice, honeydew melon chunks, 1/2 Gingerberry Kombucha

Food:   Occasionally I will wake up in the middle of the night and scarf something down. :(  Did this with nuts last night. Then I brought a nice salad to work but forgot to bring any dressing! I ate the rest of the lunch salad with some hot dogs, sauerkraut, and butternut squash for dinner. Much better with dressing. 

W14D97M1   2 Applegate hot dogs, small serving butternut squash w/coconut oil, McD's hash brown, coffee w/milk   

W14D97M2   1/2 chicken salad sandwich, 1/2 cucumber cheese sandwich, melon chunks, 2 cookies

W14D97M3   1 beef/lamb kebab, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots, red cabbage salad, Turkish pita bread, watermelon chunks, 1/2 Gingerberry Kombucha

Food:   A busy and carb-y day. Went to an event that had a lunch with it and just ate what they served.

Feelings:   Still a little rundown from getting sick last week.

W15D98M1   1 beef/lamb kebab, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots, butternut squash w/coconut oil, coffee w/milk

W15D98M2   tuna fish, baby spinach, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, avocado, lemon caper dressing

W15D98M3   3 beef empanadas, sweet potato w/ghee, sauerkraut, figs

W15D98M1   chicken salad, kale salad w/dried fruit & lemon dressing, hearty serving of fries w/ketchup, 1/2 fruit cup

W15D98M2   chicken salad, kale salad w/dried fruit & lemon dressing, hearty serving of fries, 1/2 fruit cup

W15D98S1    brownie

W15D98M3   beef empanada, Dr. Praeger's Spinach souffle, Gingerberry Kombucha

Food:   I've been ordering out a lot lately, and using fries as my starchy carb, which I'm sure is a bad idea! I am assuming that there is a point to tracking the less than stellar days as well, hopefully as a point of comparison when I start my next Whole30.

Food:   I've been ordering out a lot lately, and using fries as my starchy carb, which I'm sure is a bad idea! I am assuming that there is a point to tracking the less than stellar days as well, hopefully as a point of comparison when I start my next Whole30.

Are you doing another W30 soon?  

I'm planning to start one on Sept. 27th.

Oh, shoot, I just realized I'm going out of town for 3 days during that period. It's something that just came up this week. I'm going to Dallas to see my niece act in a play. 

Well it should be easier to get back on track now that my husband is mostly recovered from his surgery and I've almost shaken this infection.

W15D103M1   2 Applegate hot dogs, hearty serving butternut squash w/coconut oil, coffee w/milk

W15D103M2    tuna fish, mixed herbs, grape tomatoes, artichoke hearts, lemon caper dressing

Food:   Been super busy and eating a lot including some bread and sweets, but not on a rampage. Just didn't get around to tracking.

W15D105M1   1 1/2 TJ's Chicken Lime Burgers, grilled cauliflower, apple slices, coffee w/milk

W15D105M2   tuna fish, mixed herbs, mushrooms, red bell pepper, 1/2 avocado (crap, I forgot salad dressing again!)

Food: I've been rather inconsistent about tracking lately, and had crazy carb cravings for several days. My WholeInfinity starts on Sept. 28th (not sure how long I'm going to do it).

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back, Britt.  :)  I decided to postpone my start date because I was having bad side effects to some medication, and I didn't want to add Whole30 withdrawal issues on top of that. I did go shopping and pick up all my Whole30 staples so I'm ready to go as soon as I pick a new start date. I'm leaning toward Sunday (Oct. 4th).

Glad you had fun on your trip.

Archived