Starting June 22nd!

DeEnna

Well day three and I feel like I've been hit by a truck, no headache but major leg cramps last night and no sleep.  Upped my water and ate more veggies today so hopefully it will subside tonight.

@Lennie my Aldi had grass fed beef but not a whole lot so it may be hit or miss there but the had wild salmon (frozen) and shrimp as well so I was happy!

Here's to making it to day four and feeling better <3

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugggh I slept 10 hours last night and I feel like I've been hit by a truck :blink: .  But other than that it's going very well.  I'm not starving my self, I'm still liking the eggs, and I can feel the water weight is gone in just three days...so I guess this feeling this morning will be OK.

I need Yoga today so that and a swim will be the workout!  Have a great day all.

Nashville sugar addict- sorry you are feeling so bad. But 10 hours of sleep would be so nice.

According to my Fitbit I had less than 6 and it was not a good sleep. Really hoping it gets better.

I was fixing my daughter a pb sandwich this morning for summer camp and got a little on my finger. I licked it off before realizing what I was doing. Old habits are so hard to break.

Here is to a goo day 4!!

Without the sauces I used to eat on my food, I've been adding garlic and other fresh spices to foods. Now I smell like and sweat garlic! I need to look up some paleo w30 compliant sauces.

@Amy Jo. I put my son on paleo for the same reason, at least until I finish this out. Surprisingly, as long as I mix the meat, veggies, and a bit of sweetness --like mango, coconut, banana, sweet potato--he eats it without any problems. He still drinks a bit of milk or has Greek yogurt.

@Nashville Sugar Addict. How many W30s have you completed? I have tried twice but never made it to 30, so that is why I came to the forum this time to be in a community.

Thanks for the support ladies I truly appreciate the fact I was able to sleep 10 hours bless my sweet family <3.  Hopefully over the next few days I don't totally kill their love for me <3.

@Lennie this is my second I completed my first one the day before Thanksgiving.  It was tough for sure but really helped me not go to the Halloween candy.  I didn't over do Thanksgiving either...Christmas was a whole other story.  

So it's taken me 6 months to really get back on the horse.  I will say last time the forum really helped we had about 20 start and 5 of us finished.  It's tough especially when you have other's to cook for as well who aren't on board with this way of eating.  I will say the benefits of finishing the last Whole 30 stayed with me for so long so my goal this time is to keep it a permanent way of life.

I cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom and did Yoga today and I do feel better, hopefully I just had a sleep hangover.

Day 4 and I'm feeling pretty good - a little sluggish but no 'kill all the things' feelings (so far - I will be in meetings until after 10pm tonight so who knows)! I'm really enjoying all the food - so tasty - but wonder if folks have hints to make meal prep easier? Maybe chopping ALL THE VEGGIES on Sunday? But I'm worried if I wash and chop so soon my food for Thur/Fri will be soggy? Thoughts? 

@Ehwilber. I like using salad spinner after washing veggies b/c it centrifuges the water out and keeps lettuce, greens and spinach from getting slimey. I can only prep two days at a time b/c I don't like leftovers and defrosted food, so I guess it depends on whatever you can deal with.

It has been hard these four days, lots of headache and no energy :-(

I also had leg cramps last night. Did anyone have it?

I found that the hardest part is to avoid snacks between meals. I had a Lara Bar yesterday between lunch and dinner(the cashew one). I will try to resist today!!!

Day 4 almost over!

Day 4 and things are going well. I've never in my life spent this much time in the kitchen! I've tried several of the recipes in the whole 30 book and all have been delicious. I had a queasy tummy yesterday and also spent a lot of time in the bathroom. I blamed it on all the veggies I was eating but I felt much better today so maybe it was just a bug! I've been following all your posts and wanted to say, Keep up the good work everyone!

I woke up a little grouchy this morning and yelled at my kids way more than I should have. It isn't their fault I'm always running late. I felt good the rest of the day though. I'm not getting as hungry in between meals which is awesome!

I'm having a hard time with food prep too. I made some chicken on Sunday for the next three days and have enough left over from dinner for lunch tomorrow. I try to throw everything together in the mornings but I always run late which stresses me. I need to do better this weekend.

End of Day 4. Seems like all I'm doing is eating or thinking about the next meal. Not hungry and not looking forward the next meal. I've never eaten 3 meals a day so I'm having a hard time watching the time so I eat when I'm supposed to. Since starting I've been really tired and going up the staires seems to take everything out of me. I've been sleeping okay, not cranky and some minor headaches. When I did my neanderolithic years ago I didn't experience this. I was eating one big meal a day, dinner, and carried nuts, fruit, berries and veggies in a bag and snacked on them during the day and kept chicken or other meats in the frig already cooked so just grabbed some protein whenever I wanted it. It worked great for me and didn't experience what I have here. I've read the book and understand the why of eating this way so I'll be sticking to it but I can't wait for my ahaaaa day when things start to come together. I've enjoyed reading everyones comments and their issues so I feel like this will pass in the next day or so. Four days down and only 26 to go. Be brave everyone, stay focused and stay connected...wahoooooo

Fortunately, I haven't had any negative effects as expressed on the timeline, but hey, I had been on Day 1 for over a week before I finally made this a priority. I was always a cookie or a pop away from making it to Day 2.

I am so thankful to this thread because posting and reading posts is what keeps me motivated. Good job you guys.

I am getting bored with eggs for breakfast. What are you guys eating for breakfast?

I'll have a face soon. haha... 

A bit about me....I love all kinds of food!!  Would rather eat lots of veggies, beans and very little meat.  Prefer crackers, cheese or hummus as a snack.  Soy everyday as well as a bubbly diet soda a day habit.  I'm pretty active and short so everything shows up the next day on my hips.  WW worked for me the first time and then....nothing for a few years.  

I need to drop these loathsome 20 lbs I like to call my husband's fault.  We are doing this together and I'm so happy for the support in my home. 

I'm pretty active but am using this adjustment time to just focus on food prep and substitutions.  Meaning eggplant instead of bread.  Which we loved. 

I'm here for the 30 days and am excited about changes I've already noticed.  Going into the weekend will be a challenge but bring it on.

Hello everyone and I welcome all your posts.

Glad to see some posts it's very encouraging to me, thank you all.  Started today feeling good and went for a swim.  I was able to swim for an hour and 15 minutes, pretty hard, without stopping.  Holy cow, I started back up with my swimming 4 weeks ago and could barely do 20 minutes without huffing and puffing and wanting to pass out after :).  I swam day 1, day 2, took day 3 off, did yoga and swam a little on day 4, and now day 5 BAM I can't believe it!  Here's to a good day 5.

@Amy Jo I feel for you my family wanted nothing to do with me the last two days, so here's to hoping that passes quickly!

@Lennie I did up some grass fed beef patties and put fennel, garlic, and onion in them and use it as a breakfast sausage.  I also roasted up extra sweet potatoes on day 2 and used them to make a hash yesterday.  I know what you mean about the eggs. I'm already sick of them!

@Kathiep day 2 I felt the same with a really queasy tummy and I blamed it on having to eat good food.  It passed the next day so hoping yours will too.

Hang in there we are at day 5 (most of us) and I for one am feeling much better already.  I will say though I'm having a strange craving for sour cream.  WTH?

I rolled out of bed this morning and my legs felt lead weights. It was a very crazy feeling. Other than that I have felt pretty good today. I made a zesty shrimp and avocado salad last night and had leftovers today. It was really good. I'm looking forward to trying new things!!

I've been busy in the kitchen again. I made whole30 mayo and ketchup and some clarified butter. Last night I made sweet potato soup. It was really good and I had some for breakfast as my veggie. I have a hard time getting my veg on in the morning.

• Administrators

Last night I had to tame the Sugar Dragon. I ate a couple prunes with pecans stuffed in them. So anyway, I am going to have to give up the nuts and dried fruit or I will totally abuse them.

Hey Lennie,

If you are trying to kill (no taming, they cannot be tamed, only obliterated) a Sugar Dragon, the last thing you want to do is give it sugar when it starts to pitch a fit.  The only way to rid yourself of the hold a Sugar Dragon has on you is to starve it.  No fruits and no dried fruits when it asks for something sweet.  Your sugar dragon doesn't know the difference between those dried prunes and a Snickers bar...honestly.

If you are legitimately hungry, eat a mini meal of at least protein and fat, ideally also veggies.  If you are not legitimately hungry, distract yourself, move around, read a book, go outside, clean the bathroom, file your nails.  But do NOT give that SD what it wants!

:)

• Administrators

End of Day 4. Seems like all I'm doing is eating or thinking about the next meal. Not hungry and not looking forward the next meal. I've never eaten 3 meals a day so I'm having a hard time watching the time so I eat when I'm supposed to. Since starting I've been really tired and going up the staires seems to take everything out of me. I've been sleeping okay, not cranky and some minor headaches. When I did my neanderolithic years ago I didn't experience this. I was eating one big meal a day, dinner, and carried nuts, fruit, berries and veggies in a bag and snacked on them during the day and kept chicken or other meats in the frig already cooked so just grabbed some protein whenever I wanted it. It worked great for me and didn't experience what I have here. I've read the book and understand the why of eating this way so I'll be sticking to it but I can't wait for my ahaaaa day when things start to come together. I've enjoyed reading everyones comments and their issues so I feel like this will pass in the next day or so. Four days down and only 26 to go. Be brave everyone, stay focused and stay connected...wahoooooo

How is your starchy veggie intake, marby?  Starting with one fist sized serving per day and working up from there can help you with energy and the headache.  To some extent.  Some of it is just the discomfort of adaptation. But eating starchy veggies and drinking enough water (half ounce per pound of bodyweight) is going to help a lot in easing that transition.

Hi all! Sorry I haven't checked in but I have been so busy with all the food prep LOL!! The Whole30 has been fantastic so far. For the most part, except maybe slightly on day 2 I haven't had any food cravings. I have noticed being very short tempered the past two days (that is right in line with what they said to expect). Both my daughters (ages 13 and 10) are doing it with me. They are doing amazing. They are really enjoying that their Mom is cooking more than she has in years and that the food is really good. We can all already see changes in our bodies after just 5 days, amazing.

I did have a strange thing happen though (hope this is not TMI) but I haven't had any real period in over two years (I have an IUD and take BCPills full time (without skipping the week off) in order to suppress ovarian cysts that I get. Yesterday without warning I started spotting. I am assuming it has to do with hormones (in all the crap I was eating before) and now a great reduction in that not eating dairy and eating all organic meat. Opinions?

Day 6 almost one week down.  This morning I just am not hungry nor do I want to eat.  I cleaned the whole kitchen and did laundry trying to work up some type of appetite.  Finally I made some eggs with homemade salsa, and ate 2 strawberries and like 5 large grapes.  I got it down, now I hope lunch will be better.  It's hard getting back into eating on a schedule but I know how beneficial it is.  Energy level is good but I'm a little light headed going up stairs.  Oh well off to swim and then house work today.  Tomorrow is prep day for the week.  Have a great weekend all!

Archived