Starting June 22nd!

DeEnna

• Administrators

@acha .....I thought I had been kicked out of the forum for asking about PB2...haha.  Is it me or is it harder to get to our forum now?

LOL, we don't kick people out of the forum unless they are spammers.  And certainly not for asking a relevant question!

For those having issues, are you using Internet Explorer?  I found that the forum was very buggy and many features didn't work on IE.  I switched to Chrome and haven't had an issue.

If you continue to have problems once you've signed off, restarted your computer and signed on again (and maybe switched browsers), try sending a screen shot of the error and posting it in "Forum Feedback" and we can send a message to the "internet manager people".

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 19! Lots of energy, must be sleeping good cuz I'm not dragging in the mornings. Meals are going well but I do have a problem with breakfast. I really have a problem getting the veggies in in the mornings. Anyone have any suggestions on getting the palette wanting veggies? It's hard force feeding myself veggies in the mornings so any suggestions are welcome. I wonder if "chewing" V8 juice would be W30 approved :rolleyes: No I haven't done it....yet! :) I have had a few times fighting the urge to snack and find it helps to reach for water. Not as satisfying but it works. All in all things are going well, my clothes are feeling less tight and I can see changes in my legs and arms, always the first to go when losing weight for me. One more day and we'll be 2/3 the way through...Wahooooooo! Hang in there everyone we can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!

• Administrators

Day 19! Lots of energy, must be sleeping good cuz I'm not dragging in the mornings. Meals are going well but I do have a problem with breakfast. I really have a problem getting the veggies in in the mornings. Anyone have any suggestions on getting the palette wanting veggies? It's hard force feeding myself veggies in the mornings so any suggestions are welcome. I wonder if "chewing" V8 juice would be W30 approved :rolleyes: No I haven't done it....yet! :) I have had a few times fighting the urge to snack and find it helps to reach for water. Not as satisfying but it works. All in all things are going well, my clothes are feeling less tight and I can see changes in my legs and arms, always the first to go when losing weight for me. One more day and we'll be 2/3 the way through...Wahooooooo! Hang in there everyone we can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Er....chewing juice would not be recommended, no.  Juice is approved for sauces and dressings only.  Not drinking.

Have you tried roasting veggies? Cut potatoes, carrots, zucchini, red onion, green beans, radishes and brocoli into similar sized pieces, toss in fat of choice, grind on some rock salt and some pepper and roast on a sheet tray at 450 until nicely browned and cooked through.  This is one way you can do lots of veggies at one time, too, do as many sheet trays as fits in your oven and then just reheat them in a skillet in the morning!

If you are having a lot of snacking urges, it's possible that you are not eating enough food overall or that you aren't getting enough starchy veggies like sweet potato, carrot, beet, parsnip etc.  We recommend at least one serving of starchy veggies/day.

One of my new favorites breakfasts is two boiled eggs, an avocado and lots of pico. I mix it all together. So yummy. I also really like just eating cherry tomatoes with my breakfast. I tried broccoli once and that did not work out so well. Breakfast is too early in the day for me to eat broccoli.

No I haven't been drinking juices. The wanting to snack is not from being hungry but rather from the habit I had and it's trying to sneak back in. The roasting veggies sounds like a good idea, I'll have to give that a try but getting my mind around veggies for breakfast just isn't easy and veggie omelets gets old. Tomatoes and carrots are really the only ones that are easy breakfast veggies to wrap my brain around. Well, all in all I guess I'm doing okay, haven't gone off the W30 even when tempted, feeling energized, clear headed and seeing some body results. I'm looking forward to seeing what clothes I get to take on my cruise and plan on being as compliant as possible even though it will be after my first W30 is complete. Thanks Moderator for all the input I see you posting. It all helps!

• Moderators

No I haven't been drinking juices. The wanting to snack is not from being hungry but rather from the habit I had and it's trying to sneak back in. The roasting veggies sounds like a good idea, I'll have to give that a try but getting my mind around veggies for breakfast just isn't easy and veggie omelets gets old. Tomatoes and carrots are really the only ones that are easy breakfast veggies to wrap my brain around. Well, all in all I guess I'm doing okay, haven't gone off the W30 even when tempted, feeling energized, clear headed and seeing some body results. I'm looking forward to seeing what clothes I get to take on my cruise and plan on being as compliant as possible even though it will be after my first W30 is complete. Thanks Moderator for all the input I see you posting. It all helps!

Try starchy vegetables in the morning -- baked or roasted sweet potatoes, butternut squash, something like that. This Velvety Butternut Squash is good hot or cold, you could make it Sunday and eat it for several days. Belly Dance Beet Salad is good any time of day too.

Or for a non-starchy option, sometimes I make green eggs -- take two or three heaping handfuls of something like spinach or kale and put them in the blender, put three eggs in with them, and some salt, pepper, and whatever other seasonings you like in your eggs, and blend it up. Then cook it like scrambled eggs (you might be able to do it like an omelette if you don't put too much spinach in it -- the spinach adds a lot of moisture, so I'm not sure how it would hold up, but you could try it, and then add your normal omelette veggies too). They look funny, but they taste good, and for me they solve the texture problem I have with sauteed greens (slimy! Ick. Especially first thing in the morning.)  Kale is a stronger flavor, spinach is milder, so you might want to start with it. 

Or expand on the tomato and carrot -- chop up some carrot and tomato, add some snap or snow peas, zucchini or yellow squash, and jicama (or whatever other vegetables you generally like raw), some diced avocado (or if you don't like avocado, add some olive oil or toasted coconut flakes), and some lemon or lime juice. It's cool and refreshing and mild flavored, the carrot and jicama give it a bit of sweetness and some crunch. You could even add a handful of blueberries or sliced strawberries if you wanted.

• Moderators

One of my new favorites breakfasts is two boiled eggs, an avocado and lots of pico. I mix it all together. So yummy. I also really like just eating cherry tomatoes with my breakfast. I tried broccoli once and that did not work out so well. Breakfast is too early in the day for me to eat broccoli.

Eggs, when they're your only source of protein, are as many as you can hold in your hand. And for veggies aim for 1-3 cups with every meal -- that's an awful lot of pico if that's your only vegetable. Maybe have pico and some cherry tomatoes? 

Have you ever had jicama? It would be a great addition to your meal -- you could use it to scoop up pico, or even chop it up in the pico, or make some guac with that avocado and scoop it up with the jicama. Seriously, it's a great vegetable, and anyone who hasn't had it before should try it. Just ignore the recipes that say cook it, really, it's best raw. 

Can't seem to delete this post......I suggested an omelette with veggies and then read further down and realized you had.....I  tried to delete my response and coouldn't.  oops

• Moderators

For whatever reason, my posts aren't posting...

Someone else mentioned they were having trouble posting when they used internet explorer, but that when they switched to another browser like chrome, it worked fine. You might try that.

You might also try to post in the forum feedback section (http://forum.whole9life.com/forum/27-forum-feedback/ ) about your issue so it can be brought to the attention of the people who might be able to fix it.

Great posts everyone!  lots of ideas for breakfast too!

DAY 20!!  congrats 

Went out for an Italian dinner last night.  Stayed on program, but I sure missed having a glass of chianti.  Soon enough, 10 days...

Today is a really good day, went out for groceries, and picked up local produce (steps from my home)

Making a big batch of butternut squash soup, dozen boiled eggs for the week, frittata next, hopefully I can make the salmon cakes too (haven't tried them yet).  Also going to make the basic mayonnaise.  I'm ambitious today, so I better take advantage of it and be better prepped for the week ahead.

Have a great weekend all :)

Today....TIGER BLOOD!!!!! OMG, I feel amazing! Woke up this morning, had a great late breakfast of leftover steak from last night, onions, garlic, asparagus, tomatoes, sautéed in ghee. Then I went with my daughters and we signed back up at the Y, haven't been there in over a year. Did 3 miles on the elliptical and 4 on the bike...felt better than when I was down 40 pounds and was walking 4 miles a day. Thank you #whole30 for giving me my life back!!!!

I've had this tiger blood also and it's about to do me in. I don't know where the previous me went. I've gone from a couch potato to an energizer rabbit on steroids. Feels good but at the same time frustrating because I have to stop to eat and take care of other normal interruptions. I feel like I have a time limit to get everything done when in reality there is none whatsoever. We're heading for the home stretch now so it's going to be interesting to see how all of us are doing by the end of our W30. Cheers everyone!!!

Well, sounds like lots of energy from everyone. Me, not so much!! But that usually happens on the weekends I work. Cooked a fab supper with my husband tonight.... sauteed sweet potatoes in ghee with Mex seasonings, cucumber/guac, steamed kale and turkey burgers. So yum and looking forward to leftovers!!! I chose to cook my sweet potato different and I loved it. Would have stuck to the microwave if not for Whole30 and experimentation.

Only a few more days you guys. Congrats all. Good night.

Day 20 is over and like most on here I'm feeling the energy <3.  It's great!  The last few days have been really hard to stay on track breakfasts have been good (just eating leftovers from the night before) because I've been cooking good dinners.  It's the lunches I'm having trouble with because it seems like all my choices are salads and I'm burning out.  I need to prep better for the afternoons because they have been crazy busy and I'm getting grumpy...I just don't eat enough.  I have the food I just haven't been able to finish enough to get me through. 

I'm feeling the end in sight but I'm excited to continue this way of eating, extremely nervous to introduce white starchy stuff back into the diet so it may be better to hold off on those a little longer.  Right now in the planning stages is to keep it whole foods 95% of the time and to avoid sugar at all costs :).

Keep it up everyone I love this group!

Well I tried to make the basic mayo - followed the instructions, all ingredients at room temperature, and added the oil slowly.  It did not turn out.  LOL

I used a blender, and perhaps I added the lemon juice to soon.  I will try it again using a mixer, just not tonight.

Ugh, I'm sick. Feel like I have been hit by a truck. Couldn't eat dinner tonight (tummy ick). Fingers crossed that I feel better tomorrow. It's hard to cook for others when you feel crummy. : (

Day 21 or is it 7 more days????

I'll have to admit I'm kind of sad too... many of you I will never hear from again after this week and I wanted all to know that I have looked forward to your daily posts.

I like having a plan and hopefully will continue with the Whole9 life with my husband as well. I miss beans but can't wait to see just what they'll do to me if anything. I've never felt the repercussions most people do.  Ric and I have discussed how so many of our old cravings just aren't there anymore and I hope and pray it stays that way too.

I have to admit...I jumped on board with Whole30 by simply reading the articles online and now I have officially finished reading "It Starts With Food"...very informative and because I'm a scientist by trade was able to keep up with all the "science-y" stuff too.

This WHole30 makes even more sense now and I'm even more excited to continue on the Whole30. Yea!!!

• Administrators

Still can't post, but I am hanging in there.

Acha, have you tried switching browsers? Failing that, are you able to PM anyone? If so, PM me the exact error message you're getting and we can forward it to those in the know and see if we can get it fixed.  It doesn't sound like it's a forum-wide problem but localized to you, would suggest you try a couple different browsers (Chrome, Firefox etc).

Archived