Starting June 22nd!

DeEnna

Chynna - I would like to keep in touch, I thought we can use this forum even beyond the 30 days, or we can start a new one as well :)

Today is day 22, yes 8 more days after today! 

DeEnna - feel better!  hopefully being on program allows you to recover quickly.

AmyJo - yay, a great night sleep!!  I'm up way too late, need to change that habit as well.

Nashville - I feel the same way beyond the 30 days, but you'll need to update your username :)

Acha - even the one line posts are just fine.

Marby - love that Tiger Blood, no stopping you now.

Way to go everyone!!  Have a great week!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 7 children/teen birthday parties to go to in July and August. I had one Saturday and a quinceañera Sunday. I really don't want to go to anymore parties because I can't eat any of their food and I am tired of explaining the W30. At the quince, I said I was lactose intolerant and had a sensitivity to gluten, but that didn't work b/c I got pressured to eat beans and rice. It is rude to turn down someone's food in sone cultures, but I did and got some stares. I just hope I don't go crazy at one of these things!

I feel good physically but mentally I have some anxiety about actually being able to transition into Whole9 without going on a binge in 9 days! I had to leave both parties before the cake was passed out and that was really hard for me.

Hello all! It's so great checking in everyday and getting updates from all of you. How about if I make us a post upon finishing the W30 so we can keep in touch. What do you want to call it (so I make sure you all can find it). Maybe something like July 21st W30 Grads. What do you think?

Update on my tummy....felt horrible last night and this morning. I believe I picked up a bug that my youngest had recently. Luckily it seems that it was just a 24 hour thing. Feeling much better now.

Can't believe that we only have a week left. I'm so proud of all of us!!! As a surprise for my 13 year old daughter doing this with me, I ordered us "I am Whole 30" tanks. I'm going to give it to her on her last day (she is a day behind me). Can't wait to wear it with pride!

Hi DeEnna,

That's a great idea; I plan to stick closely to the eating plan and I want to do a second W30 starting around August 9-10, but add in a "Wole 30" with exercise, too. The idea would be full-on work-outs 5 times a week with two short work-out days a week (for rest). I have been able to stay food compliant but I want a kick start on my fitness plan. Anyone interested?

Finally I did some exercise.....grass cutting with a push mower.  Mississippi was around 100 yesterday so I really got my heart rate up there!!   

Love...love hearing from everyone so I'm in with sticking to our group...."July 21st grads" thank DeEnna.

DeEnna, I with you my stomach has not been acting right lately.  I really think my body is just now starting to purge all my "lite", "diet" "fat-free"---processed junk.  While reading "It Starts With Food" I started thinking I'm in week one with the symptoms.   I have been compliant with all foods I just think I was poisoned by all my "healthy" eating so I'm definitely ready to keep going and see what happens next.  

Do we end Monday or Sunday?  Just asking.

mychynna - I need to get exercise in too!  Right now just focusing on foods, perhaps after the 30 days, I'll create a running plan, yoga, something!

DeEnna - yes on the new topic July 21st W30 grads, works, and I love the t-shirt idea!  it actually made me tear up LOL  I'm doing this with my mom, and she is sticking to it - got to surprise her with something, thanks!

Lennie - the parties sound lovely!  hopefully it will get easier, perhaps you can dance more??  Now that I've been following Whole30, people don't think of it as crazy anymore, I'm getting more and more questions about it.

The Scale, omg, it's calling me...  I used to jump on the scale daily, especially when following a diet.  I'm so curious.  one more week...  I'm hoping for a 5lb and 5% body fat loss, we'll see if my estimates are close.

Oh, my work password expires at the end of the day, I thought "Whole30"  but it's too short (needs to be 8 char, at least 1 uppercase, at least 1 numeric)  Suggestions please

I'm so jealous of those of you with such energy because it hasn't happened for me yet! I've stuck to the plan, exercised and I'm sleeping well but there's no sign of that elusive Tiger Blood. I'm usually a very patient person but am getting discouraged. Any suggestions?

Kathie - stick to it - I've read that for some people they don't get the "tiger blood" until the very end of the 30 days.  Don't be discouraged, you are doing so well!!

Acha- 9 char is ok too, just not more than 10, thanks for the suggestion :)

Hi Chyna,

The last day, July 21st is a Tuesday (a week from today); The first day of reintroduction would then be Wednesday, July 22.

Oh my you are right......I was counting four weeks which is only 28 days!!  Geez, that will be ok too. 

Hi Kathie, I also can't claim Tiger Blood, but, like you, I am sleeping better, and I have been totally food compliant (didn't always eat at the perfect time, but haven't broken the rules). My exercise has been sporadic at best; I plan to start another W30 in August adding a "whole 30" style exercise plan. I find the idea of a 30 day commitment easier to handle than a vague "gee I need to exercise more."

I am functioning from the perspective that I will experience all of the value from real food and consistent, thoughtful eating--it just might take my body a little longer. I also think that perhaps I will gain even more benefit when I commit to top quality food (grass finished meats, humane treatment, only organic everything...). I live in a small town, so sourcing requires a few extra steps.

For this one, I am just proud of myself that I know I'll finish my first Whole 30!

I'm so jealous of those of you with such energy because it hasn't happened for me yet! I've stuck to the plan, exercised and I'm sleeping well but there's no sign of that elusive Tiger Blood. I'm usually a very patient person but am getting discouraged. Any suggestions?

Not everyone experiences Tiger Blood, and/or changes in energy may appear differently for you.  Much has to do with how you ate pre-Whole30 and/or your medical history.  This article has more details.

If you'd like to see whether you're on the right track, feel free to post 2-3 days worth of your typical food log in the Troubleshooting section for feedback. Include portion sizes, daily water consumption, exercise routine and pre/post workout meals.  

Not everyone experiences Tiger Blood, and/or changes in energy may appear differently for you.  Much has to do with how you ate pre-Whole30 and/or your medical history.  This article has more details.

If you'd like to see whether you're on the right track, feel free to post 2-3 days worth of your typical food log in the Troubleshooting section for feedback. Include portion sizes, daily water consumption, exercise routine and pre/post workout meals.

Thank you, Chris! Reading the revised definition of "Tiger Blood" really helped put things into perspective.

Wow everyone is doing GREAT!  I was unable to check in over the weekend but I'm hanging in there.  I will say this being the second Whole30 I've done the benefits came on quicker...now the trick will be integration of certain foods back into my diet.  I've been really looking at the Whole9 lifestyle and it's wonderful and my hubby who is Vegan and has been for 4 years is on board.  He wants more energy so I'm looking at all plant based proteins for him and also we want to seriously look at the fermented veggies (never have been fond of these but now willing to give it a conscious try).  It's all about knowing what is in our food so for me that is keeping it simple and making it all from scratch, using ingredients that I know are whole and how they are produced.  Yes it's work but ultimately the only real goal I have is to FEEL BETTER and that means taking what I put into this body very seriously.  

I feel your pain @Lennie I HATE having to go to parties and explain my "crazy" diet.  It's not a diet but it hurts their feelings because I think it makes them look at the way they are eating too and not everyone is ready to go down this rabbit hole.  As a society our lives revolve around food and most of it is keeping us sick, fat, and stupid (I hate being that blunt but it's true).  Right now it's too hard to be around food so I'm in avoidance mode to preserve my integrity.  I'm looking to the future when I will be strong enough to just walk by and not bring any attention to my choices but yet be a good example.  Dare to dream <3.

@sunshine I've thought about changing my screen name but it's a reminder that I'm a true sugar junkie :) and I can never lose consciousness around that little demon!  It's freakin' in EVERYTHING :)

Thanks to everyone on this page...we are almost there!

Hey all...I really like the idea of continuing after our W30. I'm contemplating what I'm going to do, another W30, do a partial adding in my favorites occasionally or just staying W30 period. I was thinking about it today and actually realized that IF I want to stay W30 it really wouldn't be a problem and I could do it. BIG "IF"...I guess that's the million dollar question. I do know I'll continue eating real food and getting myself healthier and staying healthy from now on. Hopefully our support group continues. It's always uplifting to see the ups downs, oops, suggestions and encouragement from everyone. I also like the idea of a T-shirt. I like the logo with the crown...feeling M30 Royal!!! Keep up the spirit everyone and I'm giving us a

GROUP HUG :) 

+
+-

I haven't checked in for a while! Still going strong and feeling awesome. I was gone for a couple days and I packed which took some time to plan it out but so worth it! Every morning I feel better when I wake up and I can't wait to weigh in just to see how much I lost. All my shorts are fitting better and some are too big!!! So excited!! 

So I made my first ever Zoodles tonight. Made "spaghetti" with tomato basil sauce and ground beef. Grilled some white peaches to have as well. Seriously so very amazing! Everyone in my family (even my hubby who isn't doing w30) said it was so good and they want it again ASAP. I highly recommend getting the Spaghettable, it was only $18 on Amazon and so easy to use.

Can't believe we are down to less than a week. At the beginning I would have never believed that I would have stuck it through for the full 30 days. And that it would have been so easy. I have never finished a program before. I'm looking forward to next Tuesday and being able to say I'm a whole 30 finisher!!

I think we ALL need shirts.  This is an awesome accomplishment for all of us!!   Yea US!!!

All I have been drinking is tea and water, tea and water......I AM so ready for a soda.  I know there is nothing good about them but I miss the bubbles.  I tried one of my husband's seltzer waters and I need cola flavor.  I quit caffiene all together a bit back and had reintroduced it back after quitting nasty smoking and had no issues and then my one 8oz lunch soda turned into 2 liters at home and I quit the tea and water.  This time I'm aware of totally harming everything I cured but I still want an 8oz every now and then and hey I don't drink alcohol so this is my only crack as I lovingly call them. 

My husband and I were just discussing exercise and there is a new gym opening 9.95/ month and we are considering that to add to our plan in August.  I used to weightlift and really miss it!!  The price can't be beat for new everything!!! 

DeEnna,  I love Zoodles!!!

Sarah, Good job.  We have stayed close to home and I haven't even gone out to eat much less traveled.  But soon very soon.....

Marby,  I hear you on Whole30 all the way or reintroducion?  I'm there with you.

Finally got a pace going. No not running or walking but purging and reorganizing the place. I'm not so anxious so I'm taming down the Tiger Blood. For the next few weeks my place will look like a tornado went through it. I can't do one room at a time I have to jump from room to room so everything is disrupted but that's how I am and I'm the only one here so it doesn't impact anyone else. I'm retired to I've got all the time I want to do this and feel good about taking my time and really doing it right. It feels good to feel good again and I'm so proud of all of us and how far we've come.

mychynnagirl I'm so with you on the soda. I even tried blending blueberries and mixing it in with the Le Croix and yuck still no flavor. I'm still hankering for a sparkling apple cider. DeEnna, I haven't tried the Zoodles yet but guess I'll go ahead and get one of those Spaghettables because I love spaghetti. Amy Jo, I know what you mean about sticking to "diets". One thing that has helped me through this especially at the beginning was reading the book and getting the details of the whys. They go down to the cellular level and it really explains everything. Awesome book It Starts With Food. sarahloberholtzer, I'm getting excited to do my measuring also because I also notice a difference in my clothes. Loose feels nice! Good job everyone in our awesome group!

Archived