Starting June 22nd!

DeEnna

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I plan to splurge on one of those carbonation machines so that I can control exactly what goes in...during W30s, certainly no sugar, but I could add a splash of apple cider with whole fruit for flavor. Everything tastes sweeter to me, including peppers and onions, (when I lived in China I had the same experience of a change in my perception of sweetness--lots of savory food is laced with sugar, but the cuisines have few outright desserts), so I want to keep that going "after."

I am not sure I will reintroduce gluten and dairy...I'm pretty sure they were bothering my gut.

Hi Everyone,

Where is everyone? silent today...

So, I had New York strip steak grilled with mesquite; Yukon gold potatoes with ghee and garlic; cherry tomatoes, strawberry and basil salad with balsamic and olive oil vinaigrette; grilled jalapeno peppers and sparkling water.

Diet??? Who said diet?

That sounds good Acha!!

It was a busy day at work today. Looking forward to having a week off next week. Still sticking to the plan and counting down the days. Although I'm nervous for this to be over. There are some things I have missed but at the same time I don't want to go back to eating the way I was.

Oh, I do have a question. I'm planning to start T25 on Monday. I would like to get up and do it first thing in the morning. I know you are supposed to eat a pre and post work out meal but if the post work out meal is right about the same time as breakfast should you still make them two separate meals?

I was off work yesterday with my husband so no time to join in the conversation.  We really ate some good stuff yesterday.  My husband made a skillet dish but we had tomato sandwiches.....eggplant, compliant bacon tomatoes from my garden and homemade mayo!!!   Yummy.  Eggplant is my favorite bread sub.  We used it with hamburgers before too. 

Good to see we are doing this together.  I think I'll be doing the fast track reintroduction and then back to mostly W30!!   I do appreciate this way of eating and do not want to reverse all this progress.

Love you guys!!!

• Administrators

Oh, I do have a question. I'm planning to start T25 on Monday. I would like to get up and do it first thing in the morning. I know you are supposed to eat a pre and post work out meal but if the post work out meal is right about the same time as breakfast should you still make them two separate meals?

I don't know what T25 is, I assume it's a high intensity workout? If that's the case, post workout and Meal 1 are not the same thing. Post workout you need lean protien and starchy veggies (think tuna and sweet potato or chicken breast and mashed potato), no fat. Your meal should contain fat and it's this meal requirement that means you need something directly after your workout that is fat free. Fat slows the absorption of your post workout nutrients.

If I were you I would do the workout, eat a couple bites of chicken and sweet potato (or whatever you pick), shower and get ready and then eat breakfast.

Did a lot of reflecting/observing lately.  My kitchen counter is full of fresh veggies (used to be baked goods)!  wow  my fridge has hard boiled eggs, or frittata, although lately I've been eating leftover dinners for bfast.  Right now I'm having butternut squash soup!  never thought I'd have soup for bfast.

My mom made an awesome meatloaf with sweet potatoes/onions, so good!  I have that ready in my freezer, right by the salmon cakes.

The whole family has been eating well, and no complaints!

Wednesday night will be a celebratory dinner with red wine (organic). 

I had ordered one of those veggie noodle makers, still waiting for it to be delivered!

Congrats everyone, its Day 26!

oh - I just found this on the whole30 website for T-shirts: http://whole9.bigcartel.com/

I don't know what T25 is, I assume it's a high intensity workout? If that's the case, post workout and Meal 1 are not the same thing. Post workout you need lean protien and starchy veggies (think tuna and sweet potato or chicken breast and mashed potato), no fat. Your meal should contain fat and it's this meal requirement that means you need something directly after your workout that is fat free. Fat slows the absorption of your post workout nutrients.

If I were you I would do the workout, eat a couple bites of chicken and sweet potato (or whatever you pick), shower and get ready and then eat breakfast.

Thank you for this. It helps a lot!!

@Sunshine: LOVE the "I am" T-shirts!

I also feel truly different about food than before. I read on this forum about how people love eating this way, and how they don't really want to reintroduce food groups; frankly, I didn't think I would ever agree. Then, this morning, I was eating my breaky (3 scrambled eggs in ghee, sauteed kale with onions, 1/4 leftover baked potato, leftover strawberry/tomato/basil salad, coffee with coconut milk) looked down at my plate and felt real delight. And this from someone who NEVER ate breakfast.

It's not exactly Tiger Blood--for me it's more like Tigger blood...I just feel happier and playful. There are things I do plan to reintroduce in moderation, but if I "off-road" I will make a point to remember this feeling!

Wow 26 down and 4 to go. I've been thinking about the reintroduction period and decided to start with dairy then probably the whole grains. Reintroduction will take me right up to my cruise so that will make the cruise a little easier to stay on W30 without having to worry about the occassional treat without consequences. Hey Atcha, I like that Tigger Blood. I think my Tiger has leveled out to a comfortable pace. I don't have that steroid urge anymore so I'm not overworking my body like I was. Mychynnagirl, I haven't heard about this sweet potato hash with ground beef and fried egg. Sounds like it would be tasty. I hope the recipe gets posted here. Stay strong everyone we're almost there!

• Moderators

Help...I can't find the "official" recipe for the sweet potato hash with ground beef and fried egg!!!

There's this one from when Dallas & Melissa were on the Dr. Oz show. Or if that's not what you're thinking of, there's a ton of other possibilities on the internet, just google sweet potato hash, and find one that looks good and has compliant ingredients.

There's this one from when Dallas & Melissa were on the Dr. Oz show. Or if that's not what you're thinking of, there's a ton of other possibilities on the internet, just google sweet potato hash, and find one that looks good and has compliant ingredients.

Thank you Shannon.  I was searching like a mad dog on google and finally found one that turned out awesome and will be a repeat in my family.  But it appears my best bet is to buy "It Starts with Food".  I returned it to the library yesterday and am missing it already!!!  Thank you for your response.

The count down begins and I'm too excited to see what outward physical things have changed!!!   Many positive internal changes.  Fortunately I work in a laboratory and have easy access to the blood tests that monitor blood lipid profiles as well as other hormonal changes.  I did not have many concerns in this area,  I've been very lucky.  I would like to see the neurological changes by eliminating all the "additives and fake sweeteners"  I still like Truvia and use it minimally in my tea but never realized all the fake stuff in yogurt, candies, gum, pudding, frozen goodies and NOW my eyes are wide open and I will not let them slip into my eating.  I used to consume Crystal Light pink lemonade and always noticed extreme thirst and headaches.  My thirst was NEVER quenched but I truly love the margarita flavored one.  OH well......not worth it.  

I wanted to give my self a fist pump and see if anyone else has these changes going on b/c we are nearing the end and I was reading before you weigh you should look at these changes first so we will  not to be focused on numbers so much:

1.  clothes (scrubs) are so loose and I can wear my jeans again....still a bit too tight for my taste though.

2.  unhealthy cravings have totally been focused on healthy ones!!  Love my new veggie cravings!!!

3.  I love chips and fries and find that roasted kale, toasted coconut flakes, plantain roasted fries are all I need.  The chip is fake and fake is gross to me now.
4  Sleep is awesome!!  I don't wake up every hour or need an afternoon nap anymore.

5. My husband and I are always focusing on what healthy food we having for each meal.....so this has improved out marriage relationship.  Before I was always upset with our choices and lack of motivation and exercise.  Now you can't stop us!!  It's all positive.  

Love, love this Whole30 and hope to see all you positive changes in posts to come!!!

Happy weekend to all!!!

MyChynna - what a great post!  That list of changes in the Whole30 book is LONG!  Reviewed it quickly.  I've been journaling and I wrote down a few goals in the beginning.  I will be reviewing that list the night of Day30, that way morning of Day31 I can jump on the scale. :)

I went clothes shopping today, and I had to downsize, what a great feeling.  

There is so many recipes that I have not tried yet, like that sweet potato hash.  Haven't made the basic mayo either.  So there is so much more to experience and enjoy well beyond the 30 days.

Acha - also feeling very "Tigger" love it!!!

and my veggie noodle maker arrived!  Sunday is always pasta lunch, so I can't wait to try it, going to make Zucchini aglio olio

still no loose clothing or extra energy. i feel good, but i felt good before. maybe what i was doing- grain-free, but eating dairy- was working well for me? i do feel like my sugar cravings are under control again, so i'm happy about that. darn sugar- it slips in and takes over so easily!

i'll be glad to be done just so i can have a cocktail. nothing better than grown up happy hour on the porch in the summer while the kids run around in the yard! 

So, not whole30 related per say but just found out yesterday I'm pregnant!!  :o  :o  major shock. So i'm going to continue out to 30 days. I was wondering why I've been so so tired the past week when everyone was so energetic, hah. With my last pregnancy I ate whatever I wanted and gained a lot, so I'm hoping to stay on track. Anyone do this while pregnant? Gotta read that chapter in the new book.  :D

Congratulations sarahloberholtzer!!! Wow to think a new baby is starting life with good food to build upon. Lucky baby! Gee, I hope this W30 pregnancy isn't catchy I'm way to old to start over but then again my son always wanted a brother or sister. It will be interesting to see how this pregnancy differs from the first, if at all. Keep us posted.:-)

Hi Sarah,

Does helping my granddaughter get born this morning count??? My poor daughter-in-law went so fast she didn't have any anesthetic. Four pushes and out. I am a little tired, and I have my first granddaughter (older sister to the new baby--3 years old) staying the night: the world is good today!

Champagne on Wednesday, so much to celebrate! I've signed up for a 30 day fitness plan in August, so I'll do my next W30 then. This is the life!

Congratulations Acha! Grandbabies are awesome! You have so much spoiling to look forward to and now you'll certainly have the energy! Very cool, one new baby born today and another on the way. Our group sure is getting awesome news today.

I used my new Veggetti Pro last night and made some zucchini and yellow squash spaghetti. Sautéed them in light EVVO, clarified butter, garlic, onion, salt and pepper and it was really yummy. It didn't take but a few minutes to pasta them and sauté them so it will definitely make it much easier for me to have the vegetables I need without planning ahead. Very cool. Can't wait to try them with approved spaghetti sauce and other deviations. Wish I had gotten this much earlier in my W30 days but have it now so it will make it much easier to keep vegetables in my diet. I'm thinking about seeing how they bake up as spaghetti with seasoning and crispy like potato chips. Anyone done this type of baking before?  Two more days and counting down! Have a great day everyone and hang in there!!!!! 

Congratulations sarahloberholtze!  I ate 80/20 Paleo during my first two trimesters since I couldn't stomach prenatal vitamins. I made up for it by eating lots of leafy greens for folate, fish for omega 3 and dha, and I craved read meat. Nothing really worked for my nausea except white rice--not brown rice b/c that made it worse. Then in the 3rd trimester, I had cravings for junk food.

Archived