Afternoon and evening headaches?

Kat B.

I'm reposting a query from my W30 log:

One thing I'm curious about are the afternoon/evening headaches I've been experiencing. They feel like a sinus headache - lots of pressure in my forehead and behind my eyes. Not sure if it's related to W30 or if it's just seasonal allergies, although I've heard that seasonal allergies often improve during this program. Thoughts?

This is day 10 for me. My allergies haven't been bothering me at all this summer so it's a little weird! I'm not congested or anything like that - just the sinus-y headache. I drink a ton of water (about 80 oz a day) and I feel like I've been eating enough, particularly because the headaches don't subside after I eat.

I had evening headaches the first two weeks. After comparing things, I attributed mine to a lack of caffeine in the afternoon. I was in the habit of 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning (before any food) and then tea or soda around 3 in the afternoon. Once I stopped needing the coffee to get going, I didn't have my first cup until after breakfast. I stopped needing a caffeine boost in the afternoon and didn't want to mess up my sleep. This was something I didn't consider until I had the headaches a few days in a row.

I generally attack headaches with pressure points and a good head rub. I'm always supprised at how well this can work, a good head rub goes along way, I find the points that hurt puch back against them for a bit then rub the area relax and about 10 minutes later I'm good.

A nasal flush is always a good thing for me when my sinus's act up or I have frontal pressure headaches. It takes some getting used to but it does really get things flushed out very effectivly.

I bet taking 10 whole minutes to sit down relax breath and give yourself a good papmering head rub would do alot of good, I know it does for me.

Archived