Cooking for vegans!

DurhamDoesPaleo

Oh, lordy. I think I have gotten myself into a pickle. I'm almost done with my 3rd Whole30 but will be continuing for at least a few more weeks before I reintroduce anything off-plan. I just made dinner plans to have my friend and her husband come over for dinner... and they are both vegan. No fish, no meats, no eggs. WHAT in the world can I dish up that we can all eat? Or am I stuck making two main courses? I don't mind that if it's a last resort, but I am wracking my brains trying to think of something! Thanks for your help!

Hmmm.. that is a pickle!!

If you have a grill, I would grill up a bunch of veggies -- like eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, (you could do portabella 'burgers' for your friends!), bell peppers, asparagus, onion slices... do them either flat on the grill, or as kabobs (other than the portabellas of course). Marinate the veggies in a citrus vinaigrette with basil ( so good!) and have over a large salad. You could grill yourself a burger, OR cook a steak before hand, and have slices of cold steak or even poach shrimp to have over your salad or along side. You could do a really nice gazpacho too instead of a salad, and use coconut milk to add a bit of creaminess to it. I only suggest that, because my mom used to add sour cream and dill as a topper, and sour cream is out on the whole 30.  If you do grill a burger for yourself, I would suggest doing it after pulling the grilled veggies off, to avoid getting meat juice/grease on your friends' meal.

Would something like that work for your dinner party? 

Archived