My resolve is dangerously low.

Non Scale Victories.   I think it's great those are the ones you want!

So you're not doing this for the weight loss...what was your motivation for a 2nd Whole 30?

I like this comment from Dallas Hartwig.

Dallas @ Whole9 says

October 20, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Yeah, I was referring to the Whole30 comments. There are 1300+ of them, but we’ve responded to this question from others many, many times. To put it bluntly: we don’t care if you lean out on your Whole30. That’s not the goal. We want you to THINK differently about food, and make consistently good choices about food, and at some point down the road, your lean-ness will come along, naturally and sustainably.

But if you chase weight loss, you WILL fail long-term. Why do you think there are sooooooooo many “diets” out there? This is not a “diet”. It’s a way to eat… forever. Our Success Guide will be out tomorrow, and the new version of the Whole30 (three point oh) will be out on Sunday. I’m sorry that I’m sidestepping your questions, but your questions tell me you need to review the whole point of the program. I recommend reviewing the entire Whole30 post and comments. Best,

Dallas

• Administrators

I am feeling like I am going to quit. I honestly don't even know why I am even still doing this. I'm on day 17 and I feel like crap. I have ZERO NSV's and my clothes are tighter, my face is more broken out, my moods are everywhere. Why am I doing this again?

Did you want to post a few days of typical food intake (include portions and timing), fluids, sleep, stress and exercise? Include anything else we might need to know (pregnant, nursing, Auto immune) and we can take a look and see if there any small tweaks you can make to start feeling better!

You mention in your other thread that you're breastfeeding and looks like you've been doing three meals a day and some occasional post-workout snacks. Given that you're breastfeeding AND running some significant mileage, I would be willing to bet that the low energy is related to not enough food. Remember that when you workout, you're entitled to both a pre AND post-workout meal and if you're nursing, you're encouraged to have four template meals per day to ensure that both you and your little are getting adequate nutrition.

As far as the skin breakouts, something to keep in mind is that there is a process that goes into acne. It builds below the skin, travels toward the surface, and then at the end of its cycle becomes a visible blemish. Anything that was below the skin is still going to have to come up so that your body can be get rid of it and that sometimes means that acne gets worse before it gets better. Your menstrual cycle could also be part of the issue (assuming that your cycles have returned since giving birth).

From the other thread, it looks like you have a starchy vegetable about twice a day, but I can't tell in what amount. Starchy carbs are VERY important when you're nursing AND when you're really active so you may want to play around with the amounts that you're consuming. You may even consider swapping out some of your fruit choices for a starchy vegetable instead.

Yes, I DO want NSV's ....I just thought I might see/feel some by now.

I have no autoimmune issues. I am breastfeeding my 11 month old and he eats every 3 hours around the clock.

I drink enough water most days (at least half my weight plus more when exercising)

Here's what I've had the last 3 days:

Day 15:

M1: (leftovers) 1 chicken sausage, 1/2 of a chicken burger, sweet potato, leftover salad, avocado and coffee with coconut milk

M2: chicken, cauliflour, sweet potato, avocado

M3: salmon, asparagus, sweet potato, homemade ketchup, half a banana and a couple tablespoons of coconut

snack: coconut cream with berries and coconut flakes (I realize this is lacking protein and was not a great choice)

Day 16:

M1: chicken, sweet potato, cauliflour, coconut milk with coffee

M2: zucchini noodles with ground beef and spaghetti sauce, olives, kiwi

M3: tuna salad with homemade mayo on cucumber, celery with almond butter

M4: chicken sausage, spinach, sweet potato, 1/4 banana and 8o coconut water

Ran 3 miles

Day 17:

M1: chicken, sweet potato, 1/2 avocado,1 egg, coffee with coconut milk

M2: tuna salad with cucumber/tomato, green beans, butternut squash, cantaloupe

M3: ( to happen later) steak, sweet potato, broccoli, fat TBD

Also, I wouldn't say my energy is low. It just isn't more than it was when I was eating junk.

I am not depriving myself either. If I am hungry, I eat. I put off doing this for 6 months because I didn't want to ruin my milk supply.
Breastfeeding >whole30. I really don't know if I could force myself to eat more!

I am up 3-4 times a night to nurse my son...so sleep is not so good. But no real control over that.  

Following the meal template. Sticking to 1-2 palm sized portions of protein (usually 2) and added fat (1/2-1 avocado, handful of olives, 1/4-1/2 can coconut milk).

admittedly I am a very high strung person. Its hard for me to relax. I have anxiety issues.

admittedly I am a very high strung person. Its hard for me to relax. I have anxiety issues.

Perhaps ^ this is where to place your focus?

From a Whole30 rules and recommendations perspective, your food looks fine. Again, as others have said, a 4th meal would be better.

In the meantime, perhaps there are steps you can take to progress on the relaxation/anxiety front?

I am not currently doing a complete Whole30, but have done a couple in the past and eat Whole30ish.... I'm also nursing and up countless times a night.  The biggest thing I've noticed (NSV) is that I don't feel THAT tired despite how little sleep I'm getting.  I fully attribute this to Whole30.  I wouldn't say I have endless energy, but I know if I were eating junk, I would be exhausted in the morning... yet, I'm totally managing to function with the little sleep I'm getting.

I know you said you don't feel like you have more energy than pre-Whole30, but do you feel any sort of difference in getting up at night?  Or difference falling asleep AFTER getting up and nursing?  I feel like I can crash a lot quicker after getting up in the middle of the night, so for me, working full time and having three under 5, the NSV of not being exhausted is HUGE.... maybe reaching here... but hoping for you.... :)

Archived