Day 1 - July 12th :)

Teachkk

I'm very grateful I found my way here. And to think it all started two Septembers ago when I went on vacation with my extremely thin sister and got upset she could eat anything, while everything I ate made me sick. I somehow came across an article about lard and how it really wasn't bad for you and I fell down the rabbit hole if you will. I found ISWF, read half of it that day and committed to it that night. Started the next morning. And I'm happy to be back on it!

PS this space is awesome and you people are awesome!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awe I'm jealous of your bone broth! The last few batches I've made have turned out terrible. I have some nice beef bones in the freezer. Maybe I'll try it again this weekend! The zuchini soup from well fed is great except I was super hungry by 9. I had it at 730 with two small pork patties and some coffee with coconut milk and was hungry way too soon. I think my protein was way low. Usually I would have two of those pork patties and two eggs plus a fat. Tomorrow I'll probably just sip the soup while I make breakfast. It's delicious though.

Had a really foggy morning. I'm an intern in a legal office and was trying to redraft some rules for court and my head was just pounding and my eyes were glassy, and I couldn't focus. I took some advil after lunch and it seems to have cleared. Also, I had a lara bar at 10 because I was starving but at 1230 on the way back from my lunch break walk I felt very weak. I worked out this morning and was fine so I don't know why that happened. I ate a huge lunch of cauliflower rice, chicken, sauerkraut, olives, and mango and feel a lot better.

Also, Teacherkk it sounds like you had a rough few years! I'm glad you're doing this and finding positivity in every corner and are feeling better! I dislocated my kneee a few years back and that's when I gained a lot of my weight back. I look at it now as a blessing in disguise to get me to this point because I would just keep yo-yoiing on crappy fad diets if I hadn't gained enough to really change my life.

Lol, in order of appearance and age this is how many FAD diets I've done:

6-12yo - Mom restricting food and me binge eating in a closet.

13yo - Hollywood Orange Juice cleanse - just drink this mix for three days straight. Lost ten pounds. Binge ate it all back.

18yo - CleaneatingWeightloss - just eat these perfect portions and these supplements and take all these pills and you should never be hungry. Lost ten or twenty pounds, gained seven over night, binge ate the rest.

19yo - Overeaters Anonymous - just eat three small meals a day with one small protein and one fruit and two cups of veggies twice a day while calling in to meetings and listening to people talk about pizza while not talking about pizza.

20yo - The Smart For Life Diet - blech just eat these six cookies a day and a dinner of lean fish or chicken with two cups of veggies.This thing I did perfectly for 10 months. 800 calories a day for 10 months and I lost 65lbs. I couldn't run. I didn't have enough energy to walk. I was sad and depressed. I was sickly looking but hey I was skinny.

21yo - gained back some of the last diet so mom put us on HCG diet - give yourself a shot of HCG and B12 every morning for five weeks and only consume 500 calories of egg whites and green apples. I got so sick we had to stop. My blood sugar bounces around and I only lost ten pounds.

22-24yo - lots of tries at WW

25yo - bodybuilding cutting type eating

26yo - finally found Whole 30 and paleo and did really well on it for many months before life got in the way. But got better, ate enough, felt full, never had sugar shakes, got my period on time, healed my diabetes blood pressure and some pcos and dermatological issues.

Lol, I'm not actually sure why I just shared all that but it felt good to write down...

Okay - now I get why people drink the bone broth - it was so good!!!  Try the recipe in the Whole30 book...really tasty.  I put a bit too much water, so next time will change that, but the flavour was amazing.

Wow...you've been through a ton!!  It does feel good to share, doesn't it?  In my opinion, a life change like this is what you need, not another 'diet'.  I'm rooting for you and wishing you all the best - it's a change of mind and habits that isn't easy, but as you begin to see success, I hope it becomes so.

Day 11!!!!!!!  I'm sleeping amazing, still hit a bit of a wall early afternoon, but am not succumbing to a 3rd coffee anymore.  Fighting through it and it passes within an hour.  I made a beautiful chicken curry last night full of veggies with a coconut milk base.  Made brown rice for my family, but ate mine like a stew - delish.  I grew up eating a lot of curries as my Dad is African (SA and Guinea), and his best friend was Indian.  It's so easy to make a good curry that is Whole30 friendly - might be my 'go to' dish for the next while :)

Have an amazing day!!!!!!!!!

I don't like the way broth tastes (or really more the way it feels in my mouth) with the fat still on, so I always remove it. You can save it to cook with if you want. If you like it with the fat, leave it.

Thanks Shannon - I did skim it off and save it for cooking.  The broth was so good - I made way too much so froze a bunch, but will definitely make that recipe again.

I'm very grateful I found my way here. And to think it all started two Septembers ago when I went on vacation with my extremely thin sister and got upset she could eat anything, while everything I ate made me sick. I somehow came across an article about lard and how it really wasn't bad for you and I fell down the rabbit hole if you will. I found ISWF, read half of it that day and committed to it that night. Started the next morning. And I'm happy to be back on it!

PS this space is awesome and you people are awesome!

It's amazing how something just clicks, isn't it?  I felt the same when I picked up Whole30!!  I also agree with you - this is a GREAT space...I appreciate having all of you on this journey :)

Ack. Help!
I have not cheated in any nutritional way (I did step on the scale, but no nutritional cheats) but yesterday I was stung by a wasp.  I'm severely allergic, so this ended in epinephrine, Benadryl, Tagamet, and steroids along with lots of fluids.
I feel and look like I've been run over by a truck this morning.
Knowing that this is a monumental setback for my whole body, do I need to restart Whole30, or do I just keep trudging on? Do I add days to the end? Not sure what to do.  I was feeling overall much better over the past 2 days because of my new eating, but I know this awful cocktail plus the allergic reaction cannot be helpful in this process.

Thanks

Ack. Help!

I have not cheated in any nutritional way (I did step on the scale, but no nutritional cheats) but yesterday I was stung by a wasp.  I'm severely allergic, so this ended in epinephrine, Benadryl, Tagamet, and steroids along with lots of fluids.

I feel and look like I've been run over by a truck this morning.

Knowing that this is a monumental setback for my whole body, do I need to restart Whole30, or do I just keep trudging on? Do I add days to the end? Not sure what to do.  I was feeling overall much better over the past 2 days because of my new eating, but I know this awful cocktail plus the allergic reaction cannot be helpful in this process.

Thanks

I have no direct knowledge of the connection, but would think you just keep going.  You haven't varied in your diet (good for you given what you went through!), so I'm assuming you can continue.  I hope one of the moderators sees this and answers.  I'm so glad you are okay!!!  

• Moderators

Ack. Help!

I have not cheated in any nutritional way (I did step on the scale, but no nutritional cheats) 

Hey Nedelkma;

Not stepping on the scale is just as much of a rule as 'no dairy'.

I would say, give the fact that you've now had your wasp situation (holy ouch!) and weighed yourself that it might be in your best interest to tack days on the end to give yourself a full 30 day reset.

throw that scale out!  It's of no value!  Your body's response to gravity means nothing!

• Administrators

Doctor's orders (and emergency response) always trump Whole30 so as long as you didn't eat anything off plan, you're fine.  If you were wanting to do a scheduled reintroduction, the side effects from your sting and the treatment afterwards may not allow you to make determinations on whether it was a reintroduced food that is bothering you or just fall out from your emergency.  That said, you are only 11 or 12 days into this so I would think you should be feeling better around Day 30.

I would say just press on and make your decision closer to the end.

Nedelkma I hope you're feeling better! That's not fun at all!

Day 10 for me and I slept through the night! Lol, I sound like a mother boasting about an infant only I'm the infant. I usually get up a few times during the night to pee but last night I fell asleep a little before ten and woke up at 345, peed, and then fell back to sleep till 530 when I got up for the gym. And once I was up and out of bed I was awake. I wasn't yawning and wanting to crawl back into the sheets like I usually am.

I feel like my clothes are looser. I can see a less puffy face in the mirror. Not sure if this is reality but whatever it is I'm feeling really body positive and I'm calling that a nonscale victory.

Had a hilarious dream last night that I was at one of my little brother's birthday party and Melissa Hartwig was a guest there. I went up to say hi and talk about how I was doing the Whole 30 and it had changed my life. She was so nice, but while I was talking I was eating a piece of pizza and she was eyeing it. I think that's when I woke up at 345. I woke up literally tasting dough and had a moment where I thought I'd eaten pizza in my sleep. And I have a pizza demon (not just a sugar dragon) so this was definitely a deeply buried anxiety haha

Doctor's orders (and emergency response) always trump Whole30 so as long as you didn't eat anything off plan, you're fine.  If you were wanting to do a scheduled reintroduction, the side effects from your sting and the treatment afterwards may not allow you to make determinations on whether it was a reintroduced food that is bothering you or just fall out from your emergency.  That said, you are only 11 or 12 days into this so I would think you should be feeling better around Day 30.

I would say just press on and make your decision closer to the end.

Thank you!

I'll press on, and perhaps tack a few days on to the end if I'm not feeling bouncy again before my reintroduction.

Hi Friends.  I unfortunately had to give up on Saturday.  I have a number of food allergies which have caused a lot of issues through my life, including chronic constipation.  I've been grain free for almost 2 years, so when I started eating so many veggies it actually had a very bad impact.  I became so constipated that I was ill the other way. :(  I was really hoping this Whole 30 thing would help me identify the remaining foods that were impacting me.  I had a CT scan this morning and am waiting for results as the pain in my abdomen and back are intense and my stomach just isn't working right.  I might suggest to those with Celiacs or who are gluten sensitive to work with a doctor when they try this diet.  Any positive thoughts greatly appreciated. 

Good luck with your journeys!

Hi All, I'm just catching up -- I think I'm in a "later" time zone that you all, it's only 11am here! I wanted to chime in to say how great the support is from the long-timers and I hope nedelkma, alex & teachkk keep going -- sounds like you all will!

I too have a long history of dieting -- my first was the Scarsdale Diet in 6th grade. I was 5'3" and 122 lb., which today I know is awesome, but at that time I was called fat -- I was an early bloomer so much bigger than most of the other kids. Although I was a runner on-and-off, I also used food for love, anxiety-calming, celebration, burying my sadness, you-name-it, so I was probably more like 165 by end of high school. Again, not very overweight but where I lived I was considered fat. In my mid-20's I did Jenny Craig, which worked in isolation because I was single and could afford it, but again I was isolated. I never had really learned to cook growing up (and really never did until Whole30). I did WW before and after having a baby, and post-pregnancy I did get to "Lifetime" with WW -- most of my weight loss was spurred by my getting involved in intense, boot-camp-style exercise, and I did eat less to lose weight but since I hadn't learned to cook or what to do when I wasn't basically eating isolated, I always fell back on old patterns. At 47, and back to working full-time, I had gained 8-10 lb. from my "lean boot camp" days and it just wouldn't come off even though I still exercised regularly (I still love that kind of workout). I started to see the roll around the middle developing, and even though I still exercised 3-5 times per week, my body was used to it now -- I'm fit, but exercise is not what is "solving" issues around weight, poor sleep, stress levels, etc. 

I did my first Whole30 in January and mostly lurked on these boards and saw the incredible support then also. There is one common theme in my experience from the Whole30 and it is the word love, that I am truly "loving" myself for the first time. About 16 days into my first Whole30, I wrote a document (just to myself, but have kept it) called "Whole30 Thoughts and Results," and here I share a bit of what I said at that time:

"1/29/15 Things I am experiencing from doing the Whole30:

·      Love

·      Freedom

·      Power

·      Self-acceptance

The principle of loving myself unconditionally and having no self-judgment makes sense, that I shouldn’t be talking to myself the way I do. Instead I should think of how much God loves me and how precious I am to Him, and love myself in the same way.

But, then, counting calories and restricting myself and “trying” again and again to lose weight didn’t feel loving – and didn’t work. I could no longer do things that way.

This approach, of feeding myself – and my family – food that is actually good for me, and not counting calories or logging my food, feels loving. I feel like I’m actually giving love to myself and my family and it feels good, is empowering, and increases my feelings of self-acceptance, and even freedom and joy.

It’s only Day 16 of this. I don’t feel the need to be super-strict on this way of eating for life, but instead to keep it as a baseline and include a few “non-Whole30” foods/drinks from time to time. After the 30 days, I’ll experiment with things like muffins, etc. that are paleo and see what happens...."

That's a bit of what I wrote, but it is real and that's why I think Whole30 is something for a lifetime, a lifestyle, not a diet. It's why those non-scale victories are truly the meaningful ones -- a reminder I need today too!  (Although I also love the looser clothes, flatter tummy, and when I do get to step on the scale and it's gone down --- note that I had been trying to lose that 8-10 pounds for 2-3 years! And no budge -- but in my first Whole30 I lost 7 pounds and have held right around there.)

Hope everyone has a great day, Liz

Nedelkma I hope you're feeling better! That's not fun at all!

Day 10 for me and I slept through the night! Lol, I sound like a mother boasting about an infant only I'm the infant. I usually get up a few times during the night to pee but last night I fell asleep a little before ten and woke up at 345, peed, and then fell back to sleep till 530 when I got up for the gym. And once I was up and out of bed I was awake. I wasn't yawning and wanting to crawl back into the sheets like I usually am.

I feel like my clothes are looser. I can see a less puffy face in the mirror. Not sure if this is reality but whatever it is I'm feeling really body positive and I'm calling that a nonscale victory.

Had a hilarious dream last night that I was at one of my little brother's birthday party and Melissa Hartwig was a guest there. I went up to say hi and talk about how I was doing the Whole 30 and it had changed my life. She was so nice, but while I was talking I was eating a piece of pizza and she was eyeing it. I think that's when I woke up at 345. I woke up literally tasting dough and had a moment where I thought I'd eaten pizza in my sleep. And I have a pizza demon (not just a sugar dragon) so this was definitely a deeply buried anxiety haha

Love the dream...too funny :)  Congrats on seeing changes...isn't it awesome??  I like your term 'body positive' - I'm going to borrow that.  

I'm meeting a bunch of colleagues after work today for a 'drink'.  Kinda feel like a recovering alcoholic ordering my club soda with lime, but whatever ;)  Wish me luck!!

Hi Friends.  I unfortunately had to give up on Saturday.  I have a number of food allergies which have caused a lot of issues through my life, including chronic constipation.  I've been grain free for almost 2 years, so when I started eating so many veggies it actually had a very bad impact.  I became so constipated that I was ill the other way. :(  I was really hoping this Whole 30 thing would help me identify the remaining foods that were impacting me.  I had a CT scan this morning and am waiting for results as the pain in my abdomen and back are intense and my stomach just isn't working right.  I might suggest to those with Celiacs or who are gluten sensitive to work with a doctor when they try this diet.  Any positive thoughts greatly appreciated. 

Good luck with your journeys!

I figured something happened, as I didn't see you on here.  I'm so sorry you've gone through this!!!  I hope it clears up soon!  I have a friend who is Celiac and she tried a very protein heavy diet (Dukan), and got very sick from it also.  Sad to see you go, but happy you identified it fairly early so you didn't suffer for too long.  All the best in your journey!!

Hi All, I'm just catching up -- I think I'm in a "later" time zone that you all, it's only 11am here! I wanted to chime in to say how great the support is from the long-timers and I hope nedelkma, alex & teachkk keep going -- sounds like you all will!

I too have a long history of dieting -- my first was the Scarsdale Diet in 6th grade. I was 5'3" and 122 lb., which today I know is awesome, but at that time I was called fat -- I was an early bloomer so much bigger than most of the other kids. Although I was a runner on-and-off, I also used food for love, anxiety-calming, celebration, burying my sadness, you-name-it, so I was probably more like 165 by end of high school. Again, not very overweight but where I lived I was considered fat. In my mid-20's I did Jenny Craig, which worked in isolation because I was single and could afford it, but again I was isolated. I never had really learned to cook growing up (and really never did until Whole30). I did WW before and after having a baby, and post-pregnancy I did get to "Lifetime" with WW -- most of my weight loss was spurred by my getting involved in intense, boot-camp-style exercise, and I did eat less to lose weight but since I hadn't learned to cook or what to do when I wasn't basically eating isolated, I always fell back on old patterns. At 47, and back to working full-time, I had gained 8-10 lb. from my "lean boot camp" days and it just wouldn't come off even though I still exercised regularly (I still love that kind of workout). I started to see the roll around the middle developing, and even though I still exercised 3-5 times per week, my body was used to it now -- I'm fit, but exercise is not what is "solving" issues around weight, poor sleep, stress levels, etc. 

I did my first Whole30 in January and mostly lurked on these boards and saw the incredible support then also. There is one common theme in my experience from the Whole30 and it is the word love, that I am truly "loving" myself for the first time. About 16 days into my first Whole30, I wrote a document (just to myself, but have kept it) called "Whole30 Thoughts and Results," and here I share a bit of what I said at that time:

"1/29/15 Things I am experiencing from doing the Whole30:

·      Love

·      Freedom

·      Power

·      Self-acceptance

The principle of loving myself unconditionally and having no self-judgment makes sense, that I shouldn’t be talking to myself the way I do. Instead I should think of how much God loves me and how precious I am to Him, and love myself in the same way.

But, then, counting calories and restricting myself and “trying” again and again to lose weight didn’t feel loving – and didn’t work. I could no longer do things that way.

This approach, of feeding myself – and my family – food that is actually good for me, and not counting calories or logging my food, feels loving. I feel like I’m actually giving love to myself and my family and it feels good, is empowering, and increases my feelings of self-acceptance, and even freedom and joy.

It’s only Day 16 of this. I don’t feel the need to be super-strict on this way of eating for life, but instead to keep it as a baseline and include a few “non-Whole30” foods/drinks from time to time. After the 30 days, I’ll experiment with things like muffins, etc. that are paleo and see what happens...."

That's a bit of what I wrote, but it is real and that's why I think Whole30 is something for a lifetime, a lifestyle, not a diet. It's why those non-scale victories are truly the meaningful ones -- a reminder I need today too!  (Although I also love the looser clothes, flatter tummy, and when I do get to step on the scale and it's gone down --- note that I had been trying to lose that 8-10 pounds for 2-3 years! And no budge -- but in my first Whole30 I lost 7 pounds and have held right around there.)

Hope everyone has a great day, Liz

Wow, Liz...that is beautiful!!  I so identify with some of what you wrote here - thanks for sharing.  Today I feel proud of myself - for committing, for having will-power, for putting myself first, for feeding my family well, and then some...and more, but those are the biggies.  I agree re the lifestyle change - this is the first time I've tried something that's not a diet and feel I am so much more successful.

I've got to run - you know that work thing...ugh it gets in the way - haha  Have a great day!!!

I figured something happened, as I didn't see you on here.  I'm so sorry you've gone through this!!!  I hope it clears up soon!  I have a friend who is Celiac and she tried a very protein heavy diet (Dukan), and got very sick from it also.  Sad to see you go, but happy you identified it fairly early so you didn't suffer for too long.  All the best in your journey!!

Thank you Teachkk! Best of luck!

Teachkk how did the work thing go?

Sadieminx I learned an awesome trick tonight for dressings/dips. If any of you follow the Whole 30 recipes Instagram then you know what I'm talking about. If you have any tessamaes dressing just pop the amount you're going to use in a bowl and add a raw egg and blend. If you don't have tessamaes dressings they are awesome and you should get some. But if you can't I would Google olive oil versions of dressings an add the egg haha. It's awesome. Immersion blender works best. I'm not sure how it would come out with a regular blender but you could try. I made steak, potatoes, and broccoli and then drizzled the zesty ranch concoction all over it and it was so good!

Liz I think you are on to something! The non scale victories and the difference in our mind sets are most important. And the truth is, when those change for the better the body composition changes too. We can't lose weight for good until we love ourselves.

I have a severe vitamin d deficiency - like severe - and I have been really down because I got really awful blood work back. I was training to compete in a powerlifting meet and I had to pull out. I can only do gentle cardio now with like two HIIT workouts a week and lots of rest and it's frustrating. But since starting this my mind has changed. I'm still restarted not being able to workout the way I like to, but I've had to take better, gentler care of myself. I'm on a huge dose of vitamin d once a week and to supplement it I sit outside in the sun ever morning or afternoon for a half hour to get the good sunshine vitamin d. And that is sort of special to me. I got this really perfect experience out of eating better and wanting to be better, but also from letting myself get so sick. It's like I needed to get sick, hit basically rock bottom, just to have these special perfect moments where I am appreciating these small things. I don't know if that makes sense.

Every experience can be a revelation if we pay attention. I'm 66 and have Ostio arthritis in both knees but the left one bothers me the most. I am a chief mate on the Washington state ferries and go up and down steep stairs ( the worst) 40 times a day. My natural path suggested whole30, so I am trying all in my power to impact any inflamation and loosing weight would certainly help. They shot my knee up with steroids yesterday and I got a stationary bicycle for a $100. At big 5 and trying to build quads to help relaxing my kneecap. So I'm using my pain to motivate me to this radical change!

Hi just wanted to say I started on July 12 also and only within the past couple of days discovered the "sauces".....yum! My food is not tasting like cardboard anymore. How are you doing ghis day10?

Glad you found this amazing group!!!  I know, right?  The sauces make such a difference :)  I've made the chimichurri (sp?), the ketchup, the mayo, and a few of the vinaigrettes - all delish.

Have a great day 12!!!!

Teachkk how did the work thing go?

Sadieminx I learned an awesome trick tonight for dressings/dips. If any of you follow the Whole 30 recipes Instagram then you know what I'm talking about. If you have any tessamaes dressing just pop the amount you're going to use in a bowl and add a raw egg and blend. If you don't have tessamaes dressings they are awesome and you should get some. But if you can't I would Google olive oil versions of dressings an add the egg haha. It's awesome. Immersion blender works best. I'm not sure how it would come out with a regular blender but you could try. I made steak, potatoes, and broccoli and then drizzled the zesty ranch concoction all over it and it was so good!

Liz I think you are on to something! The non scale victories and the difference in our mind sets are most important. And the truth is, when those change for the better the body composition changes too. We can't lose weight for good until we love ourselves.

I have a severe vitamin d deficiency - like severe - and I have been really down because I got really awful blood work back. I was training to compete in a powerlifting meet and I had to pull out. I can only do gentle cardio now with like two HIIT workouts a week and lots of rest and it's frustrating. But since starting this my mind has changed. I'm still restarted not being able to workout the way I like to, but I've had to take better, gentler care of myself. I'm on a huge dose of vitamin d once a week and to supplement it I sit outside in the sun ever morning or afternoon for a half hour to get the good sunshine vitamin d. And that is sort of special to me. I got this really perfect experience out of eating better and wanting to be better, but also from letting myself get so sick. It's like I needed to get sick, hit basically rock bottom, just to have these special perfect moments where I am appreciating these small things. I don't know if that makes sense.

I survived!!! Two club soda with limes later and I didn't buckle :)  Seriously...it wasn't very hard because I had such a busy day yesterday, I didn't eat my lunch till about 2:30, so I wasn't even hungry.  Thanks for asking  ;)

Totally makes sense!!!  Sometimes we need something to kick us in order to see the small things - kind of that 'forest for the trees' quote.  I put on another pair of pants today that I haven't worn in 2 years!  A little tight, tbh, but I'm still happy :)

Have a fabulous day everyone - Happy Day 12!!!

Every experience can be a revelation if we pay attention. I'm 66 and have Ostio arthritis in both knees but the left one bothers me the most. I am a chief mate on the Washington state ferries and go up and down steep stairs ( the worst) 40 times a day. My natural path suggested whole30, so I am trying all in my power to impact any inflamation and loosing weight would certainly help. They shot my knee up with steroids yesterday and I got a stationary bicycle for a $100. At big 5 and trying to build quads to help relaxing my kneecap. So I'm using my pain to motivate me to this radical change!

You go girl!!  This is a great group and our experiences so far have been really positive.  I've had tendonitis in my right thumb for about 1.5 years, and in only 12 days, the pain has lessened and I can expand/stretch my hand out fully.  I just had major him surgery (labral tear and impingement) and ride a stationary bike as part of my physical therapy.  You can do this!!  In 12 days I have gone down a size in pants and can feel my body healing - I'm sold ;)

Have a great day!!

Didn't eat enough yesterday, so today I need to eat more even if I don't feel like it.  I have definitely gained a lot of water weight from the steroids/IV fluids 2 nights ago, but I think that once the effects of that are gone, I'll feel great.  My energy had really increased, so I'm optimistic that I'll get back to that soon.
I'm stuck in an eggs, potatoes, tomatoes, and fruit rut, but I've decided that it's better than cheating.  Hopefully I'll get out to a restaurant this weekend and get a huge salad that will reignite my taste for salads. 
Stay positive everyone! We've got this!

Didn't eat enough yesterday, so today I need to eat more even if I don't feel like it.  I have definitely gained a lot of water weight from the steroids/IV fluids 2 nights ago, but I think that once the effects of that are gone, I'll feel great.  My energy had really increased, so I'm optimistic that I'll get back to that soon.

I'm stuck in an eggs, potatoes, tomatoes, and fruit rut, but I've decided that it's better than cheating.  Hopefully I'll get out to a restaurant this weekend and get a huge salad that will reignite my taste for salads. 

Stay positive everyone! We've got this!

I'm happy things are on the up for you!!!  Yes - get out and let someone else make something yummy for you...that's always nice.  I've taken to squeezing lemon juice on my salads instead of using dressing - it's so good!

Hope you continue to recover easily...take care!

Archived