I'm in

Mitch55

I'm in the Capital city, if you want to call it that... Ft. Harrison... I'm looking forward to the Rib Racks and Briskets that would make Fred Flintstones' car tip over, brought down by the fine folks at the AFB Commissary every October or November...

I'm not on a bender, I got that out of the way before July started, then I figured out I needed pots and pans and etc...

Sugar is more powerful than I thought... I ate almost a pound of blueberries yesterday without even realizing it...

Mitch...Dallas and Melissa say

"If you’re craving sugar, don’t give your body sugar! Eat high fat instead, with a little bit of protein, and tough it out. Break those cravings once and for all. "

Best,

Melissa

Dallas @ Whole9 says

August 4, 2010 at 8:02 pm

If you’re craving carbs   (read: SUGAR!),    eat fat and protein.   Giving yourself sugar is NOT the route to go.

Melissa @ Whole9 says

April 6, 2011 at 2:09 pm

It may take a week or two… it may take a month or two. Depends on how bad your sugar demons are, and how you treat them during your Whole30. Dallas likes to say you can’t kill the sugar dragon with willpower, you have to STARVE it. So don’t give in to those cravings during your Whole30 by using fruit as a crutch… stick it out and it will get better.

Best of luck to you!

Melissa

It's a good thing no neighbors have chickens... Yesterday I was ticked at the littlest things...

Sugar is very powerful... My headache is about 3/4 what it was yesterday... Progress... Breathe...

Don't steal chickens

Day 15... Good and Bad

Good...

My sugar craving is almost gone... For the first time, I don't crave the raisins or blueberries or anything... Don't have that weak feeling, BUT that might be because I am trapped inside because of wildfire smoke, so I haven't taken the dog for a walk or gone to the store etc... I'm hoping it's really almost over

My headaches have gone back to normal, as before I started...

My gut feels better, have been drinking Kombucha from the store and rsearching how to make it myself

I almost don't even crave brown rice, but that's the first thing I'm bringing back... Don't crave alcohol at all, and it's almost Football season

Bad...

I haven't really made any recipies besides the sweet potato diner breakfast... I want to and will, just need more tools and pots etc... The work in progress is fine with me, because I'm compliant with the ingredients... I just wish I could do everything now

Mitch, your headaches are back to normal pain vs. heavy duty?  Kombucha..Booch is good but quite an expense at $4 bucks a pop.  I'm not making my own.  It might turn into Hooch Booch and Oooo, Brother...that would not be good. 

Brown rice. Haven't had any in 15 months and no longer give a diddlywhop.  I've read on here that brown rice is not really any better for you than white.   After 30 days, you might not care either.  Things change.  Everything changes.  Tinman has been here since 2013.   That's light years in Whole 30 years.

Welp.  I'll be moseying on.  So long now.

Yeah, normal size headaches... Hopefully they go away as well... GT Kombucha is about $2.60, but I won't buy it after I have enough bottles for my brew... Why do you think you would spike yours???

:D  :lol:  :D Because I think it could happen.  I'd be laid out flat on the floor, crawling around on my hands and knees.  Not a pretty sight, really.  :P 

Archived