good unsweetened iced tea recipes??

Greg Pesot

I use a cold brew method where I take a bunch of tea bags with a few lemon wedges in a pitcher with water and let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours. I do the same with coffee and then use a french press to get rid of the grounds and make super concentrated iced coffee.

I mix black tea with herbal tea when I make it. I like Celestial Seasonings Black Cherry Berry, Numi's Dry Lime and Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice. I also like Numi's Decaf Black Vanilla tea, both hot and cold. You definitely do not miss the sugar if you mix herbals/fruits with black tea.

Greg, in my experience, if you brew hot tea and then just throw it in the fridge, you're going to get cloudy iced tea. I double brew my tea, fill a pitcher with ice, then pour the hot tea into the pitcher. It chills it faster and you don't get the cloudy tea phenomenon (which is REALLY annoying). The other thing is to get fun tea blends. The Republic of Tea's Blackberry Sage is fantastic.

Adagio, are those Celestial Seasonings teas compliant? Most of the CS teas I've looked at have soy lecithin in them. 90% sure that Bengal Spice is good to go, but the Black Cherry Berry, I don't believe is. Not a big deal for you, a W30 vet, but just don't want to lead the others astray :)

Greg, in my experience, if you brew hot tea and then just throw it in the fridge, you're going to get cloudy iced tea. I double brew my tea, fill a pitcher with ice, then pour the hot tea into the pitcher. It chills it faster and you don't get the cloudy tea phenomenon (which is REALLY annoying). The other thing is to get fun tea blends. The Republic of Tea's Blackberry Sage is fantastic.

Adagio, are those Celestial Seasonings teas compliant? Most of the CS teas I've looked at have soy lecithin in them. 90% sure that Bengal Spice is good to go, but the Black Cherry Berry, I don't believe is. Not a big deal for you, a W30 vet, but just don't want to lead the others astray :)

You are correct about the Black Cherry. I have not had it for a very long time and didn't look at the ingredients. My favorite brand tea is Numi. Their ingredients are compliant.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived