Starting October 1st Facebook Accountability Group

sassyboo62

Hello.  I am starting my second Whole 30 on October 1st and wanted to start a Facebook accountability/support group.  This will be a closed group so friends/family won't be able to see your posts.  Is anyone interested?  If so, reply on this topic and I'll get it created on Facebook and post the link. 

I am so excited about doing this again.  My first one was very successful and I felt amazing at the end of it. However, I've slid back into unhealthy eating patterns and my poor body is paying for it with full on auto immune disorder.  Time to get my inflammation back under control. 

Hope to meet some new, like minded people soon.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kerry.  I'll create a FB group around September 28th and post the link here for everyone to join.  I hope we have a lot of people join us.  Doing this as a group is so much more effective because you can encourage each other, be support for those hard times of craving and learn a lot of new recipes and information.  So excited to be starting this again.

I would love to join your group. I just started yesterday but would love to have and offer support. Good luck as you get ready.  One thing I have already learned...prepared as much as you can ahead. It makes meal times so much easier if you have some items already cooked up that you can add in. I am excited for all of you! Let's cheer each other on! :D

Click on this link and ask to join.  I am so excited to be sharing this journey with y'all.  I did write a short "mission" statement saying we will be following the guidelines of the Whole 30 and also asking that no shaming or bullying be allowed.  Also, no SWYPO type recipes.  See y'all there!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/898465310191241/

• Moderators

Hi, there -- as y'all will be starting soon, I just wanted to direct you to this article for some tips on setting up/participating in Facebook groups. You may all have experience in these type of things and may have covered everything already, but occasionally situations crop up that could be prevented with a little planning and communication, so it's not a bad idea to read through and make sure you've covered everything and have made the rules/tone of the group clear.

Thank you Shannon.  I read through that article before I started the page and hope I did it justice. I created a "mission statement" and indicated that Whole 30 did not endorse our page. I most definitely would like to keep this group smaller (around 200 people or so) as I find when you are in a larger group, you have a tendency to get lost and I want everyone to feel encouraged and supported.  If you'd like, you are welcome to join just to ensure I have not done anything that would violate the Whole 30 trademark rules or anything else. 

• Moderators

Thank you Shannon.  I read through that article before I started the page and hope I did it justice. I created a "mission statement" and indicated that Whole 30 did not endorse our page. I most definitely would like to keep this group smaller (around 200 people or so) as I find when you are in a larger group, you have a tendency to get lost and I want everyone to feel encouraged and supported.  If you'd like, you are welcome to join just to ensure I have not done anything that would violate the Whole 30 trademark rules or anything else. 

I'm sure you've done a good job, and it sounds like you have a plan -- I just thought the article was worth mentioning in case you hadn't seen it before. I hope you all have a great Whole30 next month.

I would love to join, but I just started on Sept. 16! So far so good. If it's okay to join halfway through, maybe I can help with some words of encouragement and also share some experiences as I get further along.

Please join.  All are welcome, no matter when you started or when you start.  All words of encouragement and support are welcome, as well as "seasoned" Whole 30'ers who can help those who haven't gone through it before.  This is my second, but I remember those crucial first 10 days and was so thankful for the voice of reason from others who had been there.  Click this link and I will add you.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/898465310191241/

You convinced me.  I'm in!  I just joined the FB group, so this will be a great source of support.  I successfully completed a Whole 30 a year ago, so I'm also happy to answer questions for any newbies about how I made it through.

My favorite website was www.clothesmakethegirl ... loved her chocolate chili and pad thai

Preparation is key and I did a "cook up" every weekend, filling the fridge with pre-cooked meals that were easy to heat up.  I've got a big batch of bone broth in my freezer now.  I'm going to make some butternut squash soup and chocolate chili for the freezer this weekend.  Those were two of my life savers last time ... so darn yummy!  I really love doing this in the fall/winter as there are endless varieties of comfort food soups to be had.

Thanks for posting this and helping me commit!

I just joined. I'll finish my first W30 Sept. 30 but I want to continue for another 30 days because of some health problems that are still improving.

My favorite website was www.clothesmakethegirl ... loved her chocolate chili and pad thai

www.clothesmakethegirls.com has been changed to her new website - well fed. You'll find it at www.http://meljoulwan.com/. For those who will be doing their first W30, she has wonderful W30 recipes and also batch cooking for the week, not what to eat each day, but how to cook enough food in a few hours to last all week with minor cooking/reheating. Take a look.

Archived