Post WO Meals w/No Kitchen Access

crystalkzm

Long story, but after my workouts I have very limited access to my kitchen. I can get something out of the fridge sometimes, but that's about it. Does anyone have suggestions for post workout meals that I can keep in my room all the time or that I can sneak from the kitchen and keep up to 1 1/2 hours out of the fridge. No heating. Thanks in advance!

I eat all  of my postWO meals cold - cooked chicken, tinned tuna (in spring water, straight from the tin), boiled egg whites.... and for starchy veg (if I am having them) roasted root veg - just a few chunks from what I've roasted for food prep. The tuna goes straight into my gym bag, the others go into a tupperware and I'm good to go  :)

A person with access to a kitchen post-workout is the rare case. Most people do it without. Lean meat and pre-cooked starchy veggies are the way to go. In addition to the pre-cooked chicken breast or canned water-paked tuna, roast beef is an option (check labels, Applegate used to be compliant but they may have changed).

I pack my protein & starchy veg (chicken + sweet potato) before I leave for the gym and so by the time I eat it after my workout, its probably been out of the fridge about 1 1/2 hours and it still tastes good cold. Alternatively, you could keep a little cooler in your room and transfer any cooked food that you can eat cold from the fridge to the cooler, it will keep longer then.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived