Starting 11/1

StaceyT

I joined the facebook group and I am excited to begin tomorrow. It will give me 3 weeks before I come to America to visit my family (I live in the UK). I will have one week in the US. I hope I make it through Thanksgiving. :)

Where did you find the facebook group? That would definitely be easier for me to follow!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

I am starting the Whole30 today, I did this a year ago and it was great, but since then i have gotten back to my bad habits and I´m really excited to commit to it this month, my husband is also doing it with me and i feel like that is a big support, but I also think he might give up very easy so i need some support. 

We can do this!!! 

Good morning all! Hope everyone gets off to a great start. This is my first time doing the program. My main goal is health but weight loss would be just as welcome. I started off my breakfast with the frittata. Now time to get into the kitchen and prepare everything else. Would be interested to see everyone else's menus today.

I have found it helpful to prefill my plate using the template proportions before I sit down rather than sitting down and just start randomly dishing up and filling my plate. Sounds like a minor thing but I must be eating correct amounts because I feel like I will be able to skip snacks or at least not rely on them like I did in my previous w30. I also compared the amount of protein to my palm. I think I had a big miss on protein and fat amount last time around. Growing up in low-fat culture takes a while to rethink how to it. I feel good but it is only day 1. How are others doing?

San Francisco, CA here! 

My Sunday has been filled with non-stop food prep. I'm going back to some tried and true dishes that were a huge help with successful past Whole 30 rounds, and some other new modified dishes, that I'll list here in case folks are interested in trying out: 

• chicken thighs seasoned with s&p and smoked paprika, quick browning in ghee in cast iron, then finished off in the oven to complete cooking through
  • kale sauteed with prosciutto and a little lemon
  • roasted sweet potato, carrots, 
  • hard-boiled eggs

Made sure to pick up compliant almond milk to go with my morning coffee. Also picked up some dates with almonds to satisfy my sweet tooth (I tried one today and it was very sweet and only managed to finish half). For this round, I am going to limit my fruit intake, and I'm hoping the occasional date will be enough to get me through. 

Also picked up some dates with almonds to satisfy my sweet tooth (I tried one today and it was very sweet and only managed to finish half). For this round, I am going to limit my fruit intake, and I'm hoping the occasional date will be enough to get me through.

You've done W30's previously, so this isn't necessarily directed at you, but for other people reading: eating fruits and/or nuts to satisfy cravings is not recommended. The sugar/carb/snacky nature of these foods hits all the same reward centers of our brains as the non-compliant foods you're trying to stay away from. Since W30 is as much about our psychological relationship with food as it is about physiological ramifications, when a craving strikes, the plan should not be to give in with even a compliant treat like fruit or nuts. Realize it may be a signal that your previous meal was not large enough or composed properly. Realize you may need to work on your hydration, sleep habits, busy-ness, or some other factor.

I also started today.  I'm a "grazer" vs eating a meal on the weekends and there is left over Halloween candy in the house.  Argh! It is almost bed time tho and I made it through day one and have leftover sauted onions, mushrooms and eggs for tomorrow in case I wake up hungry.  As i've been reading, plan, plan, plan.  I did make the mayo and added a bunch of spices.  It takes much better after adding chicken and a few grapes to it.  Looking forward to support and being there for you too.

I am starting tomorrow and just joined the Facebook group. I read a little about the Whole30 awhile back and this weekend I read the book and overhauled the kitchen. I cooked today so I can be ready for the first few days. I have mixed feelings about my ability to make it, but I won't get anywhere if I don't try. I need to do this for so many reasons. Here is to a rocking 30 days for all of us!

I also started today.  I'm a "grazer" vs eating a meal on the weekends and there is left over Halloween candy in the house.  Argh! It is almost bed time tho and I made it through day one and have leftover sauted onions, mushrooms and eggs for tomorrow in case I wake up hungry.  As i've been reading, plan, plan, plan.  I did make the mayo and added a bunch of spices.  It takes much better after adding chicken and a few grapes to it.  Looking forward to support and being there for you too.

I tried to make the mayo tonight and it was a total fail. I need an immersion blender for sure.  Good job making it through day one. I am glad I have no Halloween candy in the house. 

Hi all,

I started today, 11/1.  I chose today so I could start on the first of the month and so I could indulge a little the day before. I have read through the book and researched topics such as coconut aminos, making my own coconut milk, almond milk, and ghee. I was looking for a support group since it will be myself and daughter doing the challenge.  I have a huge sweet tooth so I am sure I will be craving sweets.  I am excited about this challenge and living a healthier way of life.

I am starting my second round tomorrow! I am nervous / excited because I heard that the 2nd round is way harder. 

I have some cauliflower rice, stir fry, and sunshine sauce all prepped for tomorrow's lunch. I think the first week will be the hardest. 

I did make the mayo and added a bunch of spices.  It takes much better after adding chicken and a few grapes to it.

Hahah dig those ratios! "Have a little chicken with your mayo salad" ;)

I am nervous / excited because I heard that the 2nd round is way harder.

I think *committing* to Round 2 is harder, but actually *doing it* is easier.

Archived