Starting 11/1

StaceyT

I am starting my second round tomorrow! I am nervous / excited because I heard that the 2nd round is way harder. 

I have some cauliflower rice, stir fry, and sunshine sauce all prepped for tomorrow's lunch. I think the first week will be the hardest. 

Do you know why it's harder?  this is my 2nd round as well.  what are expected downfalls?  

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to make the mayo tonight and it was a total fail. I need an immersion blender for sure.  Good job making it through day one. I am glad I have no Halloween candy in the house. 

my first batch was really runny and gross.  I tried it again and it's amazing (and I've never even been a fan of store bought mayo).  try again - it's soooo good.

I did so much prep yesterday.  I can't even recall how many pans I washed.  But, I'm set for a few days.  Makes me realize how much prepared food I normally buy.  

It's work to cut up, cook and prepare 'whole' food.  Guess this is how they did it decades ago - back in the 1940s and earlier.  They had less to choose from.  but thinking they didn't have as prevalent weight problems.  It's interesting how these 'conveniences/advances' in food technology have set us back in some ways health-wise.  

On a more positive note, my favorite food on W30 is sweet potatoes (baked slices) dipped in coconut cream (and a bit of cinnamon added in sometimes).  it's so good. 

How did everyone's Day 2 go? I actually found the weekday a relief, because it offered an easier routine/schedule when it came to eating the 3 meals. I find it harder to have the structure on weekends. Based on how today went, I need to increase how much I have for lunch because I was really feeling those snack cravings by 3pm. The night isn't over, but I am hoping I can get the motivation together to do a workout. 

Here's to an almost-close to Day 2...28 days to go!

Do you know why it's harder?  this is my 2nd round as well.  what are expected downfalls?  

Hi AB_MN.

I'm not completely sure why it's harder (not talking from experience), I've just heard that from people on the forums.

Apparently the meal planning part / eating is easier, but sticking with it for a full 30 days is the tougher part. It is easy to be like "well, I already did 30 days before. I'll just do 15 now". Especially since the first one gave us some idea of the foods that work for / against us.

I hope this makes sense!

Hi AB_MN.

I'm not completely sure why it's harder (not talking from experience), I've just heard that from people on the forums.

Apparently the meal planning part / eating is easier, but sticking with it for a full 30 days is the tougher part. It is easy to be like "well, I already did 30 days before. I'll just do 15 now". Especially since the first one gave us some idea of the foods that work for / against us.

I hope this makes sense!

Here is an article with some thoughts from Melissa on why repeat Whole30's can be harder.

Here is an article with some thoughts from Melissa on why repeat Whole30's can be harder.

Thanks, GFChris.  I had not seen that.  Very helpful.  I honestly tried my best (only compliant food) on the first W30.  But as I continue to read and re-read the book and web forum, I am still learning the ins and outs of this.  So, in some ways it feels like my first w30.  I'm just past the worst parts (cravings, etc) quicker.  Good to have that article and to remind myself why I am doing this.  Thank you!

Day 5 started with a headache.  Luckily after breakfast and a cup of coffee it went away.  I have been so busy with work today finding time for lunch was a challenge.  Had to settle for eggs, carrots, and a fresh cup of bone broth.  The evening is looking up.  Grilled pork chops, sweet potato hash, steamed broccoli and asparagus. 

Its Friday and I'm pretty darn happy about that!

So, since we have some UK folks, is Guy Fawkes Day a big thing over there?GuyFawkes-f.jpg

Hi just caught up with this thread after spending most of the last two days out & about. Yes Guy Fawkss or bonfire night as its often referred to is big in the UK. when I was growing up the kids in the local neighbourhood would spend the week before collecting wood and other stuff to build a bonfire, sometimes other kids would steal the wood or even set alight to the bonfire. We would make a guy out of old clothes then push him around the streets asking for a penny for the guy, the money would go towards fire works or sweets. On the night of the 5th parents & kids would bake potatoes in the bofire and one of the fathers would light everyone s fireworks,.These days your not allowed to have a bonfire just anywhere & local councils usually arrange big bonfires & fireworks displays.

I am dealing with a massive migraine right now. I am assuming that it's my body punishing me for not eating any sugar this week. Week 1 absolutely flew by, huh!

Groceries are bought, a few things are prepped, I think I've got week 2 in the bag! Anyone planning any delicious meals this week? 

Hi everyone! This is my first post. I started 11/3 so I'm just a couple days behind you guys, on day 7 today. I tried to join the Facebook group but my request is still "pending" even after a week. Can anyone help me out?

I've been doing ok this week except for a dull headache that I still have on day 7. Frustrated that there is no deli meat at my supermarket that doesn't have sugar in it (I asked the guys behind the counter to see the ingredients).

If anyone can help me out with the Facebook thing - I'm hoping the group there is more active than this thread. I could use the support!

Frustrated that there is no deli meat at my supermarket that doesn't have sugar in it

Ya, there's hardly any deli meat anywhere that doesn't have sugar, so don't feel frustrated about your local market. Better anyway to start with less-processed meat when you're cooking your own meals, and then have leftovers later (to replicate the convenience that pre-cooked deli meat offers).

Archived