always so full

Okay I know this seems crazy to complain about, especially since I was on here about a week ago complaing about how hungry I was. :(  Anyway I am on day 11 and I am using the meal template for my 3 meals a day with no snacking inbetween  and I find that at the end of the meal I feel stuffed. Should I cut back a bit?

Okay I know this seems crazy to complain about, especially since I was on here about a week ago complaing about how hungry I was. :(  Anyway I am on day 11 and I am using the meal template for my 3 meals a day with no snacking inbetween  and I find that at the end of the meal I feel stuffed. Should I cut back a bit?

1/2 cups beets

1/2 cup sweet potaotes

1/2 cup spinach

2 eggs

1chicken sausage

Lunch

1 cup cooked carrots

1 cup roasted broccoli

1avacado

4 oz. ground beef

this is what I have eaten so far today. I am also drinkign about 1 gallon of water a day

When you say youu feel full, do you feel 'stuffed' but weirdly like you could still eat more?

I ask because this is how I feel if I eat a lot of high fodmap foods - I've highlighted in red what would come under this classification.

It might be that you are sensitive to fodmaps and need to ease back on them slightly and focus on other veg...

Yes that is how it sort of feels.  Like somewhere in my stomach I could still eat but I feel stuffed at the same time...very weird....but those are all the GOOD veggies :P  how can I tell what is a fodmap foods and what to replace them with?  is it possible that only some of them bother me?  I would hate to completely give up my sweet potatoes or avacados :(

• Moderators

Yes that is how it sort of feels.  Like somewhere in my stomach I could still eat but I feel stuffed at the same time...very weird....but those are all the GOOD veggies :P  how can I tell what is a fodmap foods and what to replace them with?  is it possible that only some of them bother me?  I would hate to completely give up my sweet potatoes or avacados :(

You can check out the low-fodmap shopping list. I don't have a huge amount of experience with this, but from what I've read around the forum, most people who have some fodmap sensitivity can still have some fodmaps, sometimes, they just need to limit their exposure -- and there may be particular ones that they always avoid because any amount of them affects them. But it's very individual. Maybe try for a few weeks to avoid anything in gray on the shopping list, and then hopefully you'll feel better and can then start reintroducing different things and see how they affect you. It would probably be good for you to keep some kind of log of what you eat and how you feel, so you can figure out what things affect you in what quantities for future reference.

Yep, it's completely possible tha you can tolerate small amounts of each - the problems usually arise when you start combining them, and eating them at all three meals.... 

Here's a good infrographic of what to eat/avoid/eat with caution.

For now I'd cut right back on all the items in red until your tummy settles down & then take it from there.

ETA: ^What Shannon said!

Archived