Are "meatcakes" SWYPO?

Erica Gucc

I'd say the fact they look like cupcakes is more of a gimmick than anything else - ingredients wise they look fine - personally I'd probably do them as a meatloaf as I always think it's hard to get portion sizes right with this type of thing, but that's just me...

If you just do just the meat portion, they're not "meatcakes" - they're just regular old meatballs, which are A-OK.

Even with the pureed sweet potato, I think they are fine. I think the hang up is that they are shaped like cupcakes, which seems to be only because the blog was celebrating it's birthday.

• Moderators

If you just do just the meat portion, they're not "meatcakes" - they're just regular old meatballs, which are A-OK.

Even with the pureed sweet potato, I think they are fine. I think the hang up is that they are shaped like cupcakes, which seems to be only because the blog was celebrating it's birthday.

There's no problem with them even being shaped like cupcakes.  There is no possible way to confuse a meatball with sweet potato puree on top for an actual cupcake.  SWYPO is trying to replicate your old favorites (cupcakes) with approved ingredients (almond flour etc...). making a cupcake shaped meatball is a-ok.

Archived