Almond cheese Sirataki

lucatimmy

There are some foods that just aren't meant to be replicated, especially cheese. I remember trying fat-free cheese many years ago and thinking: Why should I eat this? It tastes nothing like the real thing, and in fact it doesn't taste like anything, so what is the point of eating it?!

well almond cheese, I make it, it's very good, and it's different from real cheese but very good. Sirataki can be a good substitute in asian style kind of dishes that I like. While I'll keep using almond cheese, because it's really very close to almond milk, I don't mind about sirataki. I am a chef, I am Italian  and had never ever eaten american style food. I am struggeling with my weghit since 20 years. But my overweight it's due to good real food and wine. Unfortunately Good food includes  pasta, risotto, pizza, faboluous breads,cheese and those things are killing me. But I have been able to loose 70 lbs by my self keeping at the same time good healt. I like this concept of 30 day and I am pretty strict. But I am not feeling like depicted in the chapter about the effect of the diet day by day. I am feeling great and  each day is passing is better. 

• Moderators

If you're wanting noodle type things, try spaghetti squash or you can use a Spiralizer or julienne peeler to make "noodles" out of most any vegetables. Zucchini noodles or zoodles tend to be most talked about, but I've seen people use butternut squash and other veggies too. You can also use something like shredded cabbage or broccoli slaw. None of these are exactly like pasta, but they can be a nice vehicle for a thick, meaty sauce.

Archived