Tapioca paper?

XDools

Hi all- i was caught out today and i was underfed. Tapioca paper was all that was listed on the ingredients in what seemed otherwise a compliant wrap filled with veggies and salmon. it was a risk - first thing I have purchased in 34 days. Not sure what else they use to make tapioca paper... Does anyone know if there is more to it than meets the eye? Many thanks.

Um, there's no such thing as a compliant bread-like wrap on a Whole30. http://whole30.com/2013/12/pure-wraps/

Further, tapioca is only to be used as a thickener in sauces, soups, meatballs etc. Not to make a bread-like product, per the Can I Have Guide:

"Yes, you can have almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, and other non-grain-based flours, but it’s context-dependent. You can use it in place of breadcrumbs in your meatballs, to dredge a piece of chicken, or to thicken a sauce or stew.  You may not use it for Paleo baking—to make muffins, pancakes, bread, cupcakes, cookies, waffles, biscuits, tortillas, pizza crust, or anything of that nature. We call those recipes Sex With Your Pants On (SWYPO) foods, and they are expressly off-limits during your Whole30."- See more at: http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/#sthash.XOjcNmXL.dpuf

Yep, what Chris says is true - no bread-like products during your 30days.

However, I saw that it was your first purchase in 34 days and assumed you were in the reintro phase.

If not, the ingredients are irrelevant really - I should have been clearer when I asked what day you were on...

Cheers guys - it wasn't bread like - it looked more like cling wrap. The ingredient pack listed gluten free, sugar free, soy free. I had no other info other than tapioca flour was ok, tapioca was a plant and it wasn't SWYPO. With that info, I took the risk and chose tapioca paper over the rice paper option, but still was checking if anyone knew what tapioca paper really was. Yesterday was restart day number 25 (originally day 34).

Archived