Coconut butter?

TaJo

• Moderators

It's a great moisturiser for problem dry skin areas like feet/elbows  :)

Coconut butter is? I know coconut oil is, never thought to try the butter that way.

What does one do with such an item?

If one already has a jar, one could try a scoop on a baked sweet potato, it's definitely tasty that way. But I personally will eat the stuff like candy, so I don't buy it much.

Coconut butter is? I know coconut oil is, never thought to try the butter that way.

Yep, the grainy texture from the coconut flesh acts a little like an exfoliant which the oil won't do. Some people add in a little sugar for more texture to use on their face (not for eating!), or salt for an all over body scrub.

• Moderators

Yep, the grainy texture from the coconut flesh acts a little like an exfoliant which the oil won't do. Some people add in a little sugar for more texture to use on their face (not for eating!), or salt for an all over body scrub.

Cool, I might have to try that -- if I decide I can trust myself to buy a jar and not go crazy with it.

I have a jar of   'artisana' and it doesn't move me in that way.  Thank you, I will use it for a face scrub.  I didn't want to waste it.  I've been trying to figure out the attraction.   Nut butters.  Same.   I've been using nut butters to take the scratches out of furniture. 

Archived