Whole60 with 7 days left....suddenly super bloated.

Hi There.  I'm almost finished with my Whole60 (first Whole30 and 60).  I'm on day 54 and am suddenly very bloated, my pants feel a bit tighter and I feel as if I have gained 5 pounds in water weight.  I had a small amount of bloating in the middle of my whole30 that went away on it's own.  I haven't changed what I have been eating and just completed my time of the month.  I drink lots of water.  I have been taking magnesium.  I have been pooping less than normal.  I'm thinking about trying digestive enzymes but I think this would have come up before day 54.  Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?  I want to go on and do a Whole90.....but not if this continues and if I'm not going to see any results.  Thanks much!!

Can you give us a run down of what you've been eating over the last few days, with specific info on your meals (ie. don't just say '...and lots of veggies'..!) - that way we'll be better equipped to help you troubleshoot....

Sure.  Here's yesterdays meals:

Breakfast:  3 soft boiled eggs, 1/2 avocado and 1.5 cups of celery

Lunch:  Roast chicken breast with mayo and broccoli

Dinner:  Roast chicken thigh,leg with roasted sweet potatoes in olive oil

The day before that....

Breakfast:  roast pork with 1/2 avocado and roasted carrots

Lunch:  2 Aidell's chicken and apple sausage, broccoli and mayo/mustard

Dinner:  Roast chicken thigh,leg, with roasted Brussel sprouts and avocado.

Two veggies I haven't had in a long time are the Brussels and celery.

Yeah, the two veggies you haven't had in a long time are also high FODMAP - as are pretty much every veg you've listed with the exception of the carrots.

And since FODMAPS have a cumulative effect on our bodies it may well be that the sprouts & celery pushed you over the edge.

I'd be inclined to eat from the green list >here< (about half way down the page - have a read of the text though to understand what FODMAPs are) for the next few days & see how you go. If symptoms improve you can re-try all your usual veg again - maybe with the exception of the sprouts & celery!

Archived