Day 5, and I wanna punch someone in the face!

I think it's safe to say I'm a little cranky...lol! :angry: I assume this can be typical? I just don't like it. It kinda hit me last night, dinner #4. I made salmon, which normally I enjoy--except it was minus the gooey, brown sugary sauce I normally have on it, and tasted extra fishy...therefor I hated it! Slept the worst I have since starting, and have developed a never ending headache. I had those prior to W30, but this felt a little different. Like the headaches/weakness I get when I'm hungry and blood sugar drops. And lets not forget the uh, dia---ea I developed (sorry, TMI) after dining on my seriously delicious leftovers at lunch. I guess I just want to know if the urge to start a fist fight, while inhaling a loaf of bread and chugging a gallon of milk (with a beer chaser) is normal at this stage...anyone? Anyone?? LOL!!

What's funny is that since starting W30 I don't seem as hungry, don't really have the urge to snack, and my portions have dramatically decreased. So, I guess I'm just a little out of whack at the moment. I'm open to suggestions, even if it's just to ride the wave and resist the urge to ball up my fist at my very supportive bf...or say, my boss.

Thanks all! :)

I'm with you, Simbasmom! Today is day 5 for me too. Waking up yesterday morning and this morning have probably been the worst so far, especially waking up to my black coffee, although I'm definitely going to give the coconut milk a shot. I was so irritable, I even asked (like, out loud) my poor dog, "Why are you being so annoying??" All he wanted was to be let out - poor guy. But by this afternoon, the thought has occured to me that I'm not having the urge to snack either! I also have some serious issues with sugar, and the cravings have slightly diminished - not gone at all, by any means - but definitely not forcing my hand to dig in my purse for loose change and sneak to the vending machine in the break room, wait 'til no one's looking, and buy three mini bags of cookies.

I've gotten up and walked at least four times today at work, not a long walk, but make a minute away from my desk, and that has helped me a little.

Best of luck to you as our first Whole30 weekend approaches. I'm not gonna lie....I'm a little scared.

Ok, I have to laugh at your dog comment...because yesterday I yelled at (ok, spoke a little--lot--snarky to) my 14 YEAR OLD dog...I have become a monster LOL! I apologized to her, and she got some of my (cooked) salmon. I have three other dogs, I don't know if there is enough salmon in the world....hahaha!

BTW, I tried coffee today for the first time in 5 days, and added a bit of coconut milk and coconut butter. It was still disgusting and had that "tang" of black coffee. It was also yesterday's coffee, so even grosser. I drank it anyway. Ha! I got a buzz like nobody's business and it probably is only escalating my TMJ, tinnitus (yeah, I have issues), and urges to slap the innocent. I wish you luck in your coffee venture though lol! If you find a way to make it more pleasing, feel free to share :)

I plan to muddle through, and am looking forward to sleeping in this weekend and smoking a turkey...and maybe roasting a chicken...and maybe making our own bacon...and mayo. I think I need comfort food, but I'm not about to cheat! I think I'm becoming even more stubborn and determined to stick this out!

Best of luck to you too, and all the other folks that are struggling!

Sounds like you're well on your way in the right direction!

Yep the mood swings and need to seriously punch someone out is pretty normal. Mine stayed with me longer than I particularly cared for.

Have you subscribed to the Whole 30 dailys? Some very interesting information going on there. Initially I went without, then I had to restart on Day 9 and I thought I would subscribe. Well worth it.

Oh...I didn't realize what that was exactly, I'll check it out now! And thank you...it's good (or scary lol) to know this is "normal" hahaha!

On a side note, I can't figure out how change my profile pic and add one of my own...it gives me an error message. Perhaps if I could add a picture, my mood would improve :lol::blink: Hee, hee!

**figured out my profile, pic, original was too large!

Ooooooo...Tom, you rock! I am actually going to make my own mayo this weekend, as I truly believe I will die without it's creamy goodness lol! I will try that the very next time I make my salmon :) I have some great herbs in my pretend garden too.

Archived