cmccoy

I've planned my Whole30 so I could reintroduce wine on my birthday. I'd planned to pair a delicious Cabernet with a perfectly cooked medium rare filet...

My hubby surprised me by buying my favorite champagne so we could do a champagne brunch that day. So my question is can I reintroduce both red wine and champagne on the same day? Isn't champagne essentially sparkling wine?

Yes, I'm aware that I sound overally excited about my fermented grapes, but they just make birthdays so much more palatable

yes wine is wine - Champagne is a sparkling white wine, made in a specific region of France.  Red wine is generally still (but there are a few sparkling red wines) - the reason it is red is because it is fermented on the grape skins.  White and red wines are fermented grape juice - for white wine the juice is extracted and the skins are left behind.  Bordeaux is red wine from a specific region of France, but can contain any variety of grape.  Merlot is a red wine made from merlot grapes, but can be made anywhere.  given that you like wine this might all have been stuff you already knew, and if so I apologise for teaching granny to suck eggs. :)

Archived