grapeseed oil

smith3803

Hello,

On day 7 of the whole 30 and I am going to wildfire cooking party on Friday to make 10 meals to freeze and eat later. I am trying to make them whole 30 friendly whenever possible but the kit we get comes with grapeseed oil for cooking along with a bunch of spices. I have been using a lot of EVO and it would be great to try something new. I have read the Whole 30 plan and have the success kit and I can't find it in there. I did some research online and it looks okay but I would like to know for sure.

Thanks

Grapeseed oil is very high in Omega 6 which is why we use truly healthy fats and don't cook with seed oils. However, not such great things happen to olive oil when you cook with it, so not sure which would be better. If you are ever curious about something and anxious for a quick reply, if you do a search (search field is at the top of this page) from the main forums page, you can often find a quick answer.

• Moderators

Grapeseed oil is not banned during a Whole30, but as slw600 noted, it is high in Omega6 fatty acids, so is not a good choice. I cooked with grapeseed oil back before I learned that it was important to keep a balance of Omega3s and Omega 6s. Nowadays I use coconut oil or ghee instead for high heat cooking.

• 2 years later...

Thanks for all your input on grapeseed oil, I was so glad that I didn't have to start my whole 30 over again! lol, I have to make sure I read the label on my oils, grapeseed and the olive oil have the same bottle color and I used the grapeseed by accident.

thanks again

Archived