Start February 13th

Kelsie Ashley

14 hours ago, MelP said:

Starting today, my hubby and I are doing our first Whole30. We both know people who have done it and loved it. Cleaned out and restocked our fridge yesterday and got our meal plan done for the week! Now just have to be sure to use that variety to keep me in it! I'm not the type of person who can eat the same thing everyday so I'm glad there's so much variety. Finding I do need to get "simpler" with it because I could literally spend all my time planning meals and prepping! But that wouldn't be healthy either!

One other thing, I've definitely felt like I needed a snack this morning and afternoon--right about 10:30 and 2:30--and have had something compliant but feel like man, what am I doing wrong? Trying to make meals large enough to have leftovers and have enough at each meal is hard when you're doing something new! Have a great month everyone! :)

menu.jpg

Looks great

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, keylimegirl said:

Made it through day 1!  I made a buffalo chicken breakfast casserole which was delicious and that will be my breakfast for the week.  I made a big pot of chili yesterday and that was lunch and dinner today.  Tomorrow I'm making the protein salad for lunch and some sort of fish for dinner.  I had a huge challenge today.  I opened one of my cabinets at work and staring back at me was a bag of peanut M&M's!!  After about 45 minutes of internal debate, I threw them away :D

good for you

6 hours ago, kerricraft said:

I'm near the end of day 3 and things are going well. A mild headache from yesterday cleared up around midday today and the day 3 crankiness I expected petered out before really getting started. Yay!

One thing I'm struggling with is the oil I'm adding to meals to fit the template. I'm doing it, but it feels so WRONG after years of trying to eliminate fat. How do others manage the oil/fat component?

I actually found that by using the good oils as per the whole 30 that my skin didn't itch anymore. It helped alot of other issues. Give it time and you will get used to using it.

Great job for those that completed day one and all your posts of you meals. It gave me some ideas. Well it turns out that I was not as prepared as I thought. A lot of the foods I had frozen I recheck the recipes and they had non compliant ingredients. I really needed to complete a good day 0 so that is what I did yesterday. I was hoping to get more done than I did but I got enough done. I just realized reading day 1 today that my plan on using Imagine beef stock for the brisket is a NO BUENO for me. In day 1 of the daily it talks about eliminating all bad response foods. I can usually get a way with a little bit of garlic & onions but it will still give me an immune system response. So I have decided to return the broth and make my own. Which is what I will be doing this morning. Everyone have a great day.

18 minutes ago, EJSmadhatter said:

I actually found that by using the good oils as per the whole 30 that my skin didn't itch anymore. It helped alot of other issues. Give it time and you will get used to using it.

Yeah this is me too..I've grown up always being told that any kind of grease but especially grease from fat is "very unhealthy". It's difficult actually trying to reset that mentality and look at it as good fat. I'm sure I'll get used to it though and like it ;)

I'm currently finishing my breakfast/morning snack of berries and bullettproof coffee to begin day 2!

Usually I start my day with a daily harvest smoothie but I am trying to eat my fruits/vegetables instead of drinking them.

Yesterday ended with a headache, but I am fine with suffering through them for a couple of days.

Workout completed! Day 2 almost completed. Dinner (soup) by 7, then water for the rest of the night.  

B: Eggwhite omelette 

L: tandoori chicken and spinach/okra saute

D: broccoli soup.

Was offered a ton of sweets at work for vday but turned them down. My mother invited me over for a vday Roti dinner and I turned that down too. Turning down my mom's roti was the toughest.

Also brought celery as a snack but wasn't hungry for it so I left it for tomorrow.

Is anyone else on Instagram? My accountability handle is @how_do_you_eat_an_elephant

@LBstrong I have IG and I'm posting my W30. Ill follow you! Mine is @emilysfitnessfun 

B: leftover veggie frittata

L: leftover grilled salmon, rose potatoes with ghee, steamed broccoli with ghee

D: grilled filet minon, red potatoes with fresh herbs and ghee, asparagus with black pepper, La Croix in a wine glass

i felt really full this morning and wasn't hungry at lunch. I waited an hour after lunch and felt better and ate it. I'm starting to get a headache tonight. I was also tired.

how did everyone do?

Hi everyone - I'm almost done with day 3. Making salmon & roasted veggies for dinner. Will probably use some of my roasted red pepper sauce since I need to use it up. 

Today I feel tired, headachey, and my intestines are definitely in an adjustment period!  But overall I have found that the only difficult thing is the prep/planning and lots more time in the kitchen. I enjoy the food and (so far) haven't missed any of the off-limits foods. Now that I've said that, I'll probably have intense cravings tomorrow. Haha!

11 hours ago, LBstrong said:

Workout completed! Day 2 almost completed. Dinner (soup) by 7, then water for the rest of the night.  

Was offered a ton of sweets at work for vday but turned them down. My mother invited me over for a vday Roti dinner and I turned that down too. Turning down my mom's roti was the toughest.

Also brought celery as a snack but wasn't hungry for it so I left it for tomorrow.

Is anyone else on Instagram? My accountability handle is @how_do_you_eat_an_elephant

Hi @LBstrong - is there a reason you're not eating the yolks? That's where the nutrients are at! Also, your dinner appears to be lacking in fat & protein - these are what will keep you going, providing satiety & fuel for energy... Have you seen the recommended meal template? Following the template will absolutely give you the most bang for your buck...

Finally, don't forget your pre and/or postWO meals - these are in addition to your 3 regular meals...!!

14 hours ago, LBstrong said:

So well done on staying strong

So I need to start Day 1 again. It was so stupid. I help an elderly woman twice a week and we go out to lunch and a movie. Well note to self to stay vigilant - Do NOT under any circumstances lick food off your fingers. It is so automatic I get some frothy milk on my fingers because I am mixing ice in her latte and I lick it off. I also think I got something at Dennys as well. Double check before I order that again. I got a stomach ache after eating chicken, broccoli, & potatoes. It was most likely seasoning salt. I am making sure I am drinking more water. I need to put the brisket in the freezer because it is not looking like I am going to get to the store to make the bone broth. So I will do that now. Getting my food ready for the day. I will check in later with all of you. Have a great day

@EJSmadhatter oh no! That's the worst! Don't beat yourself up about it. Start over with a fresh mind! It's a journey. It takes time. Hope to hear back from you soon.

my boss just let me drive home 40 min because I left my lunch on the counter. He's the best! I know I could get a W30 compliant salad at Subway as my friend suggested but that's a habit I'm trying to break. While today wouldn't be tempting, I picture myself slowly not preparing meals, eating out and right back to my bad habits.

Hi all!  Hope it's not too late to join your group.  I started my first Whole30 on Monday 2/13.  As a former longtime vegetarian and sometimes vegan (who had a previous stint of conscientious meat-eating a few years ago), this is all quite a change!  For the most part, having all of this animal protein and fat feels very indulgent and rich compared to what I'm used to.  Feeling pretty good though, aside from the fact that I seem easily irritable.  I've made some really tasty meals already!

Anyway, love the idea of supporting each other through this.  Happy Day 3!

Some of my meals so far:

IMG_4181.JPG

IMG_4185.JPG

IMG_4179.JPG

3 hours ago, Ejanecek83 said:

@EJSmadhatter oh no! That's the worst! Don't beat yourself up about it. Start over with a fresh mind! It's a journey. It takes time. Hope to hear back from you soon.

my boss just let me drive home 40 min because I left my lunch on the counter. He's the best! I know I could get a W30 compliant salad at Subway as my friend suggested but that's a habit I'm trying to break. While today wouldn't be tempting, I picture myself slowly not preparing meals, eating out and right back to my bad habits.

It is so a slippery slop & I love eating out. Well done on being able to go home & get your lunch. It is good thought to trouble shoot & find out where you can get a whole 30 meal in a pinch

Archived