Start February 13th

Kelsie Ashley

3 hours ago, MrsAllDay said:

So I saw several mentions of starting a Facebook group, but couldn't find what became of that.  Was one ever started?  If so, I'd like to join.  I think that would be a more usable and readable format for me (and therefore, one I'll use more:)

This I don't know. Just understand that Facebook is not monitored by the moderators and you can get incorrect info. I tried it once and posting on this is better

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I have just found out that I have to go out of town:(( I am going to start again on Mon because since I will be living out of hotels it will be too difficult to do this for me. Have a great Whole 30. Here are some tips that helped me through from my other whole 30S.

1. Always include in your cooking & prepping enough time to clean the kitchen.

2. Keep emergency food readily available. Write up 3 meals you can do easily and put it on your refrigerator.

3. Prep....prep....prep..

4. For those pitch moments: what restaurants are near you where you can get a whole 30 compliant meal and what are they.

5. This too will pass.

6. A quote from Melissa & Dallas Hartwig "this is not hard. Fighting cancer is hard...." Fighting.... (you put in) is hard.  

This is a great group. Hang tough. This is an amazing program and works if you do it per whole 30

On 2/20 I will start again. This time I will need to not only get rid of non whole 30 food but: night shade veggies, garlic, onions, and possibly citrus. 

On 2/12/2017 at 6:06 PM, Holly T said:

I'm having non compliant wine with my dinner! (I'm really gonna miss that.) :(

I had a non compliant week +.  Was going to start then it was Super Bowl Sunday.. then my daughter was turning 21 on the 11th... There's always something but I'm good now... even made the fam chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine's Day and didn't even lick my fingers :) 

On 2/14/2017 at 9:23 AM, EJSmadhatter said:

I actually found that by using the good oils as per the whole 30 that my skin didn't itch anymore. It helped alot of other issues. Give it time and you will get used to using it.

I'm on day 3 and no crankiness... just hungry for the first time!  Was stuffed the first 2 days and had a hard time eating all the food but not today.  I'm trying to follow the first week in the book before going out on my own and I have sooo many leftovers (despite the hubs and kids) so I didn't even make todays lunch.

7 hours ago, MrsAllDay said:

So I saw several mentions of starting a Facebook group, but couldn't find what became of that.  Was one ever started?  If so, I'd like to join.  I think that would be a more usable and readable format for me (and therefore, one I'll use more:)

I'm the one who volunteered to make the Facebook group, but then held off because some people don't have FB. There is, however, a large group of first-time Whole30'ers on there and it seems to be a pretty good group. Look for Whole 30 First-Timers Support Group. I've enjoyed reading the posts on there as well as here. 

Best of luck to you as you start again, @EJSmadhatter!  And to you, @Kitzikin!  I'm sure it's disappointing but as @Ejanecek83 said, at least it's early on. 

So last night I used the roasted red pepper sauce from the book recipe, which I'd prepped on Sunday. It was incredible, you guys. I put it on my salmon and veggies. I think I would eat almost anything with that sauce on it. Highly recommend!!  

I'm waking up to day 4 here, and am surprised that I don't have any cravings so far. I'm just going to get fatigued from all the food prep & clean up :). I will be craving a night off from that (thank goodness for leftovers when that happens)!

12 hours ago, EJSmadhatter said:

So I need to start Day 1 again. It was so stupid. I help an elderly woman twice a week and we go out to lunch and a movie. Well note to self to stay vigilant - Do NOT under any circumstances lick food off your fingers. It is so automatic I get some frothy milk on my fingers because I am mixing ice in her latte and I lick it off. I also think I got something at Dennys as well. Double check before I order that again. I got a stomach ache after eating chicken, broccoli, & potatoes. It was most likely seasoning salt. I am making sure I am drinking more water. I need to put the brisket in the freezer because it is not looking like I am going to get to the store to make the bone broth. So I will do that now. Getting my food ready for the day. I will check in later with all of you. Have a great day

What a bummer. At least we're not very far in yet...count it as a rookie mistake. Good on you for having the determination to start again and stick with it.

4 hours ago, KelliKB said:

So last night I used the roasted red pepper sauce from the book recipe, which I'd prepped on Sunday. It was incredible, you guys. I put it on my salmon and veggies. I think I would eat almost anything with that sauce on it. Highly recommend!!  

Good to know! I will definitely try it.

2 hours ago, jordanvia89 said:

I am trying out the oven fried salmon cakes from Well Fed 2 and also making the mayo.

They look so good and smell good so far if anyone like salmon here!

Day 2 of Bulletproof coffee has really helped me out.

Oh and instagram! jvia89 :)

I tried the no-fuss salmon cakes, too - delicious! The sweet potato added a nice flavour. I also added some finely chopped capsicum to up the veggie count.

Oh no, @Ejanecek83!  That's awful!  I hope you wake up feeling better tomorrow.

As for me, day 3 & 4 have brought some uncomfortable digestive issues.  I am sure hoping it doesn't last long.  I saw some mention of digestive enzymes on that First-Timers facebook group, so maybe I should investigate a bit.

@Ejanecek83 I was able to find bacon in Sprouts and Central Market (Whole Foods look-a-like). They are called Pederson's, here is there website. It seems it's down, hopefully it's back up soon. They have a store finder and you can check if they sell it locally.

Also our local farmer's market has a guy that sells meat and he has some too. That would be another place to check.

3 hours ago, Ejanecek83 said:

I want to die. My headache in my eyes, mostly right eye, hurts so bad! I'll have to post my food tomorrow for today. 

Me, too - I don't think I've ever had a headache like this. Sudden, intense pain just on one side of my head. I'll be very glad to be past the first week. ☹️

Re the headaches: Remember your water people!! And salt!!

The recommended water intake is half an ounce per pound of body weight daily, and sodium intake can drop by up to 70-odd% when switching to whole foods.

Lack of both can cause headaches....

18 minutes ago, Ejanecek83 said:

@jmcbn I try try to add avocado to most meals. If not that, I always have ghee, coconut oil, olive oil, raw nuts.

Great - then you're doing all the right things :)

Just make sure you're eating enough in general, and if it doesn't pass please feel free to post a few days worth of your food intake and we can take a look to see if perhaps you need to make any tweaks...

11 hours ago, Ejanecek83 said:

I want to die. My headache in my eyes, mostly right eye, hurts so bad! I'll have to post my food tomorrow for today. 

12 hours ago, kerricraft said:

I tried the no-fuss salmon cakes, too - delicious! The sweet potato added a nice flavour. I also added some finely chopped capsicum to up the veggie count.

@kerricraft i know! so surprisingly delicious.  These will defiantly be incorporated into my food prep, as I just put them together last night.

Hey everyone, my name is Dustin and I started on February 13th so I am starting Day 4.  My wife and I did a Whole30 two years ago and I'm wanting to get back to the point where I'm in control of my food choices.  

Im just looking to be a part of the community where I can check in daily, encourage, and to be encouraged!   

Archived