Day 1 of no Calorie Counting.

NewStart2014

Hi all,

Today was Day 1 of Whole 30 and Not Calorie counting.

It was exciting, frightening, liberating and some what anxious.

I have no idea how many calories I've eaten, however I haven't eaten off the Whole 30 way and I'm not starving.

I am though, feeling anxious because I'm worried about becoming so comfortable in this lifestyle that I will forget and have a slip up.

I'll just take one day at a time. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

I hear you, having calorie counted for the past 20 years it's a change to no longer do that. But it's just a matter of developing the new habit of not doing it. I've been not doing it for a few months now, and when I start to do it I make myself think about something else. It gets easier!

It's totally weird, isn't it? Especially since we are so encouraged to eat things we haven't eaten freely in...welll.....ever. CHICKEN SKIN!!!!

I'm on Day 6 of my second Whole30 and pouring the oil and ghee on so freely I'm a little concerned...but I'm going longer between meals and my muffintop continues to shrink, so I guess it's fine. AND my food is so darn delicious I can't even believe it, but I have no desire to overeat - even my most delicious coconut milk curry thing - when I'm satisfied I stop. WOW, that's a change - with calorie counting if I was satisfied, I was sad because I knew I ate too many calories, and if I ate the "right" amount, I was never quite satisfied. The feeling of "DAMN that was good and I ate enough of it" is incredible. It helps that I'm really enjoying my cooking, and I know that if I liked it that much, I can always make more for the next meal.

It does get easier, and now I don't even look at where my scale WAS in the mornings. That was a really hard habit to break, but again - soooo liberating.

It's totally weird, isn't it? Especially since we are so encouraged to eat things we haven't eaten freely in...welll.....ever. CHICKEN SKIN!!!!

I'm on Day 6 of my second Whole30 and pouring the oil and ghee on so freely I'm a little concerned...but I'm going longer between meals and my muffintop continues to shrink, so I guess it's fine. AND my food is so darn delicious I can't even believe it, but I have no desire to overeat - even my most delicious coconut milk curry thing - when I'm satisfied I stop. WOW, that's a change - with calorie counting if I was satisfied, I was sad because I knew I ate too many calories, and if I ate the "right" amount, I was never quite satisfied. The feeling of "DAMN that was good and I ate enough of it" is incredible. It helps that I'm really enjoying my cooking, and I know that if I liked it that much, I can always make more for the next meal.

It does get easier, and now I don't even look at where my scale WAS in the mornings. That was a really hard habit to break, but again - soooo liberating.

Wait What? You can eat CHICKEN SKIN!?!?!?!?!!? How the heck did I miss that one?!?!

It IS a good feeling isn't it!? I CAN NOT wait to hop on the scales because even my "skinny" clothes are getting too big for me! :)

I wouldn't eat it on a nonorganic chicken, but if it's organic, that skin is fair game. And YUMYUMYUM!!!!! I am bummed I'm eating Thanksgiving at a friend's house because I was really looking forward to savoring that crispy turkey skin for the first time since I was a kid. Think I'll order an organic turkey and do that anyway. MMMMMMMMmmmmmmm. As Dallas and Melissa say - I'm an adult - there's nothing stopping me from buying myself a turkey, and nothing stopping me from making a roast turkey on a day besides T-day. Duh.

So sad for your skinny clothes....off to the back of the closet they will go with the fat clothes. Replaced with NEW skinny clothes.... Mwahahaha!

Archived