Day 3:: Am I Doing Something Wrong?!

Hello!!!

I am new here to Whole30... my boyfriend and I started our first round on Monday. We're on day 3! 

Besides an awful headache yesterday, a not so bad headache today, and a few cravings.... we don't feel half bad! I was expecting to feel a lot worse!

HELP! Am I doing something wrong here?!? Is anyone else expietencing this?!

Thank you so much!

As long as you are sticking to the plan, and eating template meals....no!  You aren't doing anything wrong.  

But keep in mind that some days are better than others.   Some are easier than others.   And some folks just have an easier go of it than others!  

I'm on Day 24 and I came VERY close to quitting last night.   But I didn't   And today I am so glad I did not.  Knowing I was strong enough to not give in to temptation has given me more resolve than the momentary joy I would have had from enjoying something from the verboten list.

You got this.  Rock on!! :)

I've been meal prepping like a meal planning machine!! Day 1... we fell asleep by 7pm which is soooo not like us. Bad headache day 2... today was pretty okay, besides wanting to eat every sweet in sight! I just didn't know if I was doing something wrong cause I didn't feel like total crap ha!

Im so glad you didn't quit! GO YOU! WOOO!!!!! Awesome news! 

Hello! 

My meals have come straight out of the book, so I think I'd be okay there. 

As for before we started: my boyfriend is  Celiac and I am lactose intolerant. So we did not eat many processed foods to begin with, which I think helped us out. My boyfriend doesn't feel crappy either... which, I mean, is a good thing! 

I guess I was just "let down" at my detoxing feeling! Ha. 

I started on April 3rd as well, and I was feeling the same way as you yesterday! Headache on Day 2, general sleepiness throughout, but overall felt fine! Bring in Day 4-horrible headache and I want to Kill All the Things. My days are morphing into one another haha! I think everyone processes this differently, but yesterday I was thinking that I must be doing something wrong and I also felt a little let down at my detox feeling. I can say with certainty now that you should not feel that way because it blows. Be happy if you're still feeling great! 

16 hours ago, Jtanski said:

Hello!!!

I am new here to Whole30... my boyfriend and I started our first round on Monday. We're on day 3! 

Besides an awful headache yesterday, a not so bad headache today, and a few cravings.... we don't feel half bad! I was expecting to feel a lot worse!

HELP! Am I doing something wrong here?!? Is anyone else expietencing this?!

Thank you so much!

Check out the whole30 timeline! Not going to be 100% accurate 100% of the time and you might experience some things earlier/later in your own program, but you are definitely not alone in your feelings/symptoms :) http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

Yeah I think you should enjoy feeling great. I'm doing whole 30 for the first time. I'm on day 4. I felt fine, more than fine, for the first 3 days, and today I feel terrible. Exhausted, headachey, and craving treats and coffee with milk. 

I just ate half a pineapple for an afternoon snack! I was craving something sweet but also the tanginess was kind of nice for how lethargic I'm feeling today. 

I've had plenty of water and some mild painkillers too. Hope it settles down soon! I'm useless today 

Archived