Still hungry...

Have you done Melissa's test of asking yourself if you are hungry enough to eat steamed fish and broccoli? Are you eating enough for dinner? Are you eating too early? I have to be careful not to eat too early. Nobody wants you to go to bed hungry but can you toss in some veggies so it's a mini meal? Lastly, where did you find compliant chorizo? :)

Initially, I was hungry at night too. Then I realized that I was still in the mind set of eating 5-6 small meals a day and I wasn't eating enough. I increased the amounts of what I was eating and now there are days when I'm really eating two main meals and dinner is more like a snack because I'm just not that hungry. I'm definitely losing weight too, and at a rate that seems very sustainable.

• Moderators

Oops..just saw Tom's reply so ignore mine except the part about the compliant chorizo. :)

No. I liked your comments. It takes a village to get us all through this life you know.

I get compliant chorizo at Whole Foods. Typically WF has compliant bratwurst, chorizo, and andouille.

Sounds like you are listening to your body! Which for many of us, myself included, is a new way of eating. I have days like that, too. I can tell that it's real hunger because I feel comfortably full and satiated after I eat that 2nd mini meal. I also have a strong urge to eat more a few days before the start of my period - and I can tell that my body just needs more food because I will eat (sometimes A LOT) and I still feel just comfortably full and satisfied - the same feeling I usually get after a "normal" size dinner on any other night. Isn't it nice that we can allow ourselves to eat more when we are hungry? :)

Oops..just saw Tom's reply so ignore mine except the part about the compliant chorizo. :)

Hey ya slw600, I get it from my local butchers.

Initially, I was hungry at night too. Then I realized that I was still in the mind set of eating 5-6 small meals a day and I wasn't eating enough. I increased the amounts of what I was eating and now there are days when I'm really eating two main meals and dinner is more like a snack because I'm just not that hungry. I'm definitely losing weight too, and at a rate that seems very sustainable.

Hi Writergirl, I'm hearing what you are saying, my big meals are usually breakfast and dinner. I might have an apple and an orange with a salad and a small bit of protein. I'm not feeling hungry but I can sometimes feel what I can only describe as leaching of protein and healthy fats coming out of me usually in my chest area. Strange I know.

Sounds like you are listening to your body! Which for many of us, myself included, is a new way of eating. I have days like that, too. I can tell that it's real hunger because I feel comfortably full and satiated after I eat that 2nd mini meal. I also have a strong urge to eat more a few days before the start of my period - and I can tell that my body just needs more food because I will eat (sometimes A LOT) and I still feel just comfortably full and satisfied - the same feeling I usually get after a "normal" size dinner on any other night. Isn't it nice that we can allow ourselves to eat more when we are hungry? :)

Hi Jillian, Amazing if that is what it is. I've never really listened to my body before really. This is a new way of eating for me and it seems so... foreign but natural to me. I'm not sure what you mean though by "after I eat that 2nd mini meal." could you help me understand? I'm the same when it comes to my period. I feel the need to stuff boiled eggs in my mouth 2 or 3 in one sitting. LOL.

Thanks all for the posts! :) I'm really happy with how fantastic I feel! :)

Archived