Finished Whole30 today, lost 2.2 lbs, totally demoralized

Finished Whole30 today, lost 2.2 lbs, totally demoralized!  I followed this program completely!  I cooked lots of new recipes, threw out LOTS of things from our cupboards and stayed home when the family went to eat anywhere else but Chipotle.  I can't believe it!  I worked so hard, no tiger blood, the skies are not bluer and the grass is not greener.....if I'd lost 5 pounds, that would have made me very happy...but 2.2!  I could have just skipped dinner last night and lost that much.  I waited an entire month to weight myself...for this!  I'm just in total shock!  Please do not respond with platitudes of "it takes some people longer".....UGH!  I can't believe I put myself and my entire family through this for nothing.  

54 minutes ago, Victoressa said:

Please do not respond with platitudes of "it takes some people longer".....UGH!  I can't believe I put myself and my entire family through this for nothing.

What do you want to hear?

Let us error on the side of caution. Wish we would've heard from you sooner but you were compliant.  I believe you.

You really wanted the "side effects of weight loss". Almost all want that. They do.

Are you planning on a Reintro Phase, at all.. or did you strictly want the weight loss?

I believe Tiger Blood is a direct result of becoming fat adapted. From a sugar burner to a fat burner.  It is...fab.

I won't ask you to list all of your food so I can take a look at it. I will say in general to anyone that telling ourselves we are not dieting when we really, really are - is a total disconnect for the brain.

It brings confusion and the body responds in kind.  Did you know that telling ourselves we are not dieting but we are, wanting weight loss more than anything actually stops the weight loss?  It's true.

Tom Denham says so. When Tom Denham speaks, you can bank on it.

"You can't lose weight looking at the scale every day. It scares the fat when you check frequently and it holds on tighter."

"And increasing your workouts from 3 hours to 5 hours per week means you have seriously disturbed your system. It is not going to release fat until it knows you will feed it enough to support the extra work. You did start eating more when you upped the number of workouts, didn't you? And you increased the amount of time you devote to active recovery?

All this matters." 

Tom Denham

• Administrators

Not sure what feedback you are looking for, if any at all. Feel free to answer any or none of these questions:

Did you eat within an hour of waking?

Did you rely heavily on fruit and/or nuts?

Did you exercise? If so, did you include pre and post workout food in addition to your meals?

What's your stress level like?

Do you have underlying health or medical conditions?

Were you breastfeeding? 

How was your sleep? Your mood? Did you experience any benefit whatsoever to eating whole foods?

How was whole30 different from your regular diet?

And finally.......do you really have weight to lose or would you just prefer to lose vanity pounds?

We are here to help if you're interested in seeing if there are any tweaks you would be i retested in making. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I feel you, Victoressa. I felt kind of gross for the entire Whole30 -- no Tiger Blood for me, still the same inflammation, and for the whole time I had chronic bowel issues (which has never happened to me before). I did get the consolation prize of weight loss, however. And I actually think the Whole30 might have helped unmask some issues for me (like maybe gallstones? I definitely was not producing enough bile). I also really appreciate the rededication to label reading I have learned, and as someone who is overly reliant on ready-made foods (single lady here), I'm glad I remembered how to cook. So I guess while I am disappointed overall, there are some positives to take away. Also, be proud of yourself for setting a goal and achieving it, even if the outcome was not what you'd hope.

Archived