First time eating at a restaurant!

Michaela Konzal

I am on day 3 and have to go out to dinner for a work meeting. The restaurant is very accomadating to V, DF and GF but I'm still a little nervous/worried about what to eat. Here's the menu: http://www.stfrancisaz.com/wp-content/uploads/DinnerMenu.pdf

I'm thinking about ordering the "Roasted Chicken" which includes :boniato sweet potato puree, peppers, onions,green olives, roasted garlic sauce

Advice?

Thanks!

I would ask what is in the sweet potato puree--butter? Cream? how are the veggies cooked--steamed? sauteed? and if so, in what type of oil? and the roast chicken. What are the seasonings? Is the chicken rubbed with oil before roasting? And what is in the roasted garlic sauce. The menu says that it is GF, but not DF so there may be cheese, butter or cream in the meal somewhere.

It simply depends how they cook things. Think of a menu as a list of ingredients. Call ahead and ask them if you can order grilled or baked proteins with ZERO sauce or oil or butter and instead of all of the (wonderful sounding) carby sides, can you order double dry grilled or steamed veggies. Then get a salad and ask for olive oil and lemon or vinegar so you get your fats. I have been known to sneak ghee into restaurants and topped a dry grilled steak or fish with it. :)

Thanks! Just called the restaurant, they didn't answer but I left a detailed message. Hopefully, I can get this all sorted out before dinner. Jeez, I'd almost rather just eat at home!

LOL..I know the feeling. You'll get good at this though and it's good to spend social time out. Now, if you don't like the person you are going out with, I'd totally cancel. :rolleyes:

Archived