Using bell peppers

So out here in Utah a store has an awesome deal on all bell peppers, .69 per pound all colors, and I got a LITTLE carried away. I now have 7lbs of red, yellow and green to use up. Does anyone have some interesting recipes using bell peppers? I plan on roasting some and freezing them, and using some raw for salads and such and sauteed with meat, but I'm stumped on how else to use them.

If you still have lots left.... A pepper coulis is a nice way to use/ preserve them.... Just cut them up and sautéon low with a bit of onion,garlic,(carrot,fennel,parsnip, celery if on hand) when they start to get a little caramelized, add water/ veg broth/ beef broth/ bone broth/ your choice of liquid ....... Just enough to cover and let simmer for 20 min until everything is just soft..... Cool a bit and purée in a blender ,when very smooth you can slowly add some olive oil or ghee with the bender running to richen it up ( you can add a lot of oil slowly to make red pepper aioli(mayo)

Now you have an amazing sauce that will hold in the fridge for up to a week or split it up and freeze ( just blend it back up if if seperates upon thawing.... Great on all veg,chix,fish..... Really good with snapper or grouper grilled

• 1 month later...

Peppers go really well with Thai Green curry... saute chicken and sliced onions until the chicken browns, toss in some thin sliced zucchini and chopped peppers (all colors) and cook for a few min. When the chicken is just about cooked, stir in some Thai green curry and cook for a min (releases the curry flavor) - stir in a can of coconut milk and bring to a boil. Serve over cauliflower "rice" :)

Archived