Post Whole30 recipes

Loraine

• Moderators

I love the enthusiasm, but don't see any good that can come to the Whole30 by sponsoring discussions about cooking with off plan foods here. I'll vote no if the Head Diesel asks me. Our mission is helping people find their way to eating foods that make them more healthy. I just don't see any upside to diverting resources to talking about eating things that make people less healthy, even a little bit. Chowstalker, the Foodee Project, and Pinterest already offer more paleo recipes than you could ever cook.

I'm going to have to agree with Tom here. I totally understand why you guys want it and why there is value in those recipes, but with all the conflicting information out there on the interwebs about what is or isn't Whole30 compliant, we HAVE to keep this forum all about what the Whole30 IS, otherwise we're perpetuating the confusion, at least the way I see it.

Google's your friend, as are the PMs here. Like Tom said, tons of paleo recipes on the internet without having them here.

Sorry to be the buzzkills. Obviously M&D can override our opinions and do what they want to their own forum, but they probably feel similarly.

Can I ask a question about this - I hate being a rule breaker. Is it okay to continue to post pics in my post whole30 log and then if someone asks for a recipe, share it via PM? After reading this, I am feeling kind of guilty even posting something if it really doesn't adhere to the whole30.

Thanks!

Can I ask a question about this - I hate being a rule breaker. Is it okay to continue to post pics in my post whole30 log and then if someone asks for a recipe, share it via PM? After reading this, I am feeling kind of guilty even posting something if it really doesn't adhere to the whole30.

Thanks!

I'm going to have M come in and give the official word on this whole topic, but I don't think there's anything wrong with that!

I think (and M may correct me) the forum launched without a Post Whole30 log section because we didn't think you guys would stick around and continue to log once you were done, so it was very easy to draw the Whole30 all the time line.

However, we are DELIGHTED that we were wrong and that you guys are sticking around, helping the newbies, keeping yourselves accountable and continuing your journey here with us. That's why we created your own section; because we want to give you what you need, but keep it segregated so there's little to no confusion for new folks.

I think posting recipes on the main board, even in its own section crosses a line, though. We don't think you need that stuff (this hypocrite types as she has GF cookies in the oven for Thanksgiving...) so we don't want to promote it on the forum. Additionally, I personally feel that the risk that even a single newbie could do a forum search for recipe and not notice which section it came from is too high and not worth it.

It's a fuzzy line, admittedly, but that's where I'm at! So unless M comes in and vetoes us, carry on in your logs doing what you're doing and feel free to share recipes via PM!

Unfortunately, I've got to agree with Tom and Renee on this one. We already have a hard time keeping the rules of the Whole30 clean across the internet (how many Pinterest boards do you see out there with "Whole30 approved Paleo pancakes"?), and I don't want that confusion spilling over into the forum. We made a decision long ago to promote and post only Whole30 approved recipes on our site, so that any time someone visited, they knew they could eat anything they found here any time - whether they were on the Whole30 or not. I need to keep the forum clean like that as well.

The post-Whole30 logs are a great resource for new people and veterans alike, and you are happy to share recipes via PM. But let's keep the forum Whole30 compliant, to make sure everyone is on the same page with what is and isn't part of the program.

Thanks for the suggestion, however - please keep these good ideas coming. Very often, we're able to accommodate, and they make the forum a better place!

Best,

Melissa

As a newbie (Day 7, Challenge 1) I truly appreciate the fine line drawn. It removes a stressor: worrying if I have to worry.

Making life changes can be stressful, we all know that. But knowing that certain boundaries are set in place can give a sense of comfort that facilitates and encourages the changes we are making. Just as children thrive in an environment of consistent expectations and affections from caregivers, us newbies can breathe a sigh of relief when we are here in the Whole30 forums.

Thanks to all the moderators for being consistent and nurturing.

Archived