How long do dressings last?

johnsonjpj

• Moderators
2 hours ago, johnsonjpj said:

Hello, i've made the Italian vinaigrette and a few of the other dressings from the book. With the ones that are mostly oils, do they ever expire? Do they need to be refrigerated at all?

Thanks!

Google may be a good place for general cooking questions such as this.  I think refrigeration depends on your own comfort with food safety, but I"m sure there are expert sites out there that might give you some insight :)

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kirkor said:

I tend to push the limits both with refrigeration and shelf life.  If anything goes awry I figure it just makes my gut microbiome more robust. :blink::lol:

Oh same here... but I hardly ever recommend to people to push the limits like I do... I play very fast and loose with food safety ;) 

I have a part time job at a cafe where we serve a lot of avocado toast.  I've got most of the kitchen staff trained: mushy/brown avocados that aren't good enough for customers are deemed "kirkor avocados" and I get to take them home  :wub:

On 10/11/2017 at 10:39 AM, kirkor said:

I have a part time job at a cafe where we serve a lot of avocado toast.  I've got most of the kitchen staff trained: mushy/brown avocados that aren't good enough for customers are deemed "kirkor avocados" and I get to take them home  :wub:

Hey, where do you work?  I'm in San Diego too, can I get my hand on any of those mushy gems of pure delight??  ;) 

On 10/17/2017 at 2:42 PM, kirkor said:

You'd have to fight me!! :lol:

I'm at Refill Cafe (Yelp page) so when you're not on a Whole30 you should come by for some avocado toast.

So I have to admit, that avocado toast was pretty darn good - and it was a distinct pleasure to meet kirkor in person.   I'll be back...

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Jim4884 said:

So I have to admit, that avocado toast was pretty darn good - and it was a distinct pleasure to meet kirkor in person.   I'll be back...

Oh man, so fun!  I love when our members get to meet eachother in person!  I know a few people who have and it's so awesome!

Archived