I don't deal with rejection well

jeepifer

Got some not-thrilling news today. I thought I was past the "want to bury my face in a pile of junk" reaction, but guess what? I'm not. Ugh. :(

My kids are home, sick. I didn't sleep well because my little one slept in my bed -- all 102 degrees of her squirming around all night.

I'm taking deep breaths and trying not to lose it. It will pass... It will pass...

Hugs from me too! I'm sorry to hear things are not going well for you right now. And I'm sure many of us can relate to your knee-jerk reaction to soothe with food. I see from your post that you are a Certified Holistic Health coach. If one of your clients were to say to you that they're going through something similar to what you just posted, what would you say? How would you talk them "off the ledge" so to speak? Give yourself that same advice. You're so right that whatever you're going through will pass, but unfortunately, the after-effects from falling face first into unhealthy food take much much longer to pass (and they leave a trail of damage in their wake). You are strong enough to handle whatever comes your way - you don't need food to prop you up - it's an easy crutch to grab, but not really supportive at all. I agree with Alana - see if you can find a way to nurture yourself until you start to feel stronger - but know that you CAN and WILL get through these times!

I'm sorry, sending hugs... going through a similar rejection-type experience and noticing the inclination to go straight for the junk food.

We can do this. We can treat ourselves better than thooooose people treat us. We can!

• 2 years later...

I used to feel overwhelmed like that a lot until I went coffee-free, but that's how I'm wired. Now I work off stress exercising.

Let us know how you're doing.

Blue Sky - I like coffee because it gives me the illusion I might be awake....

Once you wake up and smell the coffee it's hard to go back to sleep.

Archived