Starting January 1, 2018

dfbt

Starting my 3rd round tomorrow, though have been 95% compliant since January 2017. Looking forward to the camaraderie of this forum this time as well as on FB. Hubby and I have been on this journey together, and this time we're mentoring 9 family members/friends. Let's do this!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just picked up a copy of the Whole30 Day by Day because I’m starting tomorrow. I’ve done a few Whole30’s in the past, most recently mid-October. That one last 3 weeks because the stress of having no support from my husband was getting to be to much. I know there won’t be any support either this time around (because he comes across as too concerned about how it affects him and going out to eat/drink). But the stress of everything from 2017 has (at times) been more than I can bear. I need 2018 to be different, and this is going to be my first step.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, TerriF said:

Starting my 3rd round tomorrow, though have been 95% compliant since January 2017. Looking forward to the camaraderie of this forum this time as well as on FB. Hubby and I have been on this journey together, and this time we're mentoring 9 family members/friends. Let's do this!

Tread carefully with FB, there are no official moderators on the groups that people make so it can be a bit 'wild west'.  Stick to the forum and anything that is put out directly by Whole30 or Melissa Hartwig's Facebook (I'm not on FB so I don't know what the environment looks like but I know it can get crazy with pancakes and swypo).  Good luck with your 9 peeps!

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, amyayers2 said:

I just picked up a copy of the Whole30 Day by Day because I’m starting tomorrow. I’ve done a few Whole30’s in the past, most recently mid-October. That one last 3 weeks because the stress of having no support from my husband was getting to be to much. I know there won’t be any support either this time around (because he comes across as too concerned about how it affects him and going out to eat/drink). But the stress of everything from 2017 has (at times) been more than I can bear. I need 2018 to be different, and this is going to be my first step.

Sorry your hubby isn't going to be a support to you, but everyone here will be - you can lean on us!

3 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

If you have a particularly long time between meals (like around six hours as you do) for the first while, you may want to have a mini meal before dinner... bearing in mind that you're only really trying to make up about an hour to an hour and a half, it doens't need to be huge, but we do recommend that it's protein and fat and not fruit/nuts etc... try a hardboiled egg or a couple bites of chicken dipped in guacamole or mayo... whatever floats your boat that isn't a hand to mouth type snacking item.

You may find as you become fat adapted that six hours isn't unreasonable... that you are definitely hungry when it's dinner time but you don't need to eat prior... but each person is unique so just be aware of how you're feeling and then eat between meals accordingly.  Does that help?

Yes it helps, thanks. Although I see a lot of hard boiled eggs in my future. Made some today and mixed the yolk with avacado and seasoning for some great deviled eggs!

So excited to start my 2nd W30.  I did the first one in June 2017 and felt awesome.  It was easier to be completely committed when I was off for the summer (I'm a teacher).  Going back to school and brought back my bad habits.  Excited to jump in and feel great again.  A little worried about all the prep work and working.  Will definitely be on the forum for suggestions.  Happy New Year!

I'm ready to do another round. Whole30 has been so helpful in helping me change my eating routine and this time around I really need to feel better. No scales and much fewer mirrors help me have a more peaceful life, now i want healthier too! Happy New Year everybody. Syd, are you it?

On 12/26/2017 at 12:13 AM, HeyJeanette said:

Anyone travel for a living or a lot here? I'm a flight attendant and just interested in some personal experience on packing and food prep. 

Starting with my cousin today. I travel a lot personally and have a 4 day work trip (at a hotel convention, no less). I usually pack some veggies (harder ones travel well) and tessemaes dressing packets (they should be refrigerated, but I'll just put them in the hotel mini bar fridge when I get checked in. Not to mention I think I'll live if they're at room temp for a few days). I also purchase individual package nut butters (Justin's makes them). Most places, even at the airport, can make a food that works. Think lettuce wrapped burger or salad with no dressing and no off-plan toppings. I've only done 1 complete whole 30, so I'm not that experienced. But hopefully this helps.

Day 1 everybody!  My mom and sister were supposed to start with me, but they've both bailed!  My first Whole30 I did alone too, but it's great having support from all of you going through it at the same time!

Archived