Some big mess ups on day 9

adaadahl

Hi there. Me and my husband are currently on day 9 of our whole 30. So far felt things were going fine until I did a bit more research... turns out the plantain chips (all compliant ingredients) that I’ve been munching to satisfy my crunch demon are off plan since I read the update (I have an earlier edition book). Also, my husband  was sent to the store to pick up some ingredients, one of which was coconut aminos, a whole 30 compliant ingredient (I had no clue what that was)  he says he googled it and it was basically coconut sap. Turns out he got coconut nectar which is a sweetener!! I’ve been using it in my tea and in some recipes!!! Help. I’m at a loss if we should start all over. 

Thank you!

19 hours ago, adaadahl said:

Hi there. Me and my husband are currently on day 9 of our whole 30. So far felt things were going fine until I did a bit more research... turns out the plantain chips (all compliant ingredients) that I’ve been munching to satisfy my crunch demon are off plan since I read the update (I have an earlier edition book). Also, my husband  was sent to the store to pick up some ingredients, one of which was coconut aminos, a whole 30 compliant ingredient (I had no clue what that was)  he says he googled it and it was basically coconut sap. Turns out he got coconut nectar which is a sweetener!! I’ve been using it in my tea and in some recipes!!! Help. I’m at a loss if we should start all over. 

Thank you!

I believe that all coconut animos, regardless of the nectar language are W30 compliant, fyi. Plantain chips not so much.

https://whole30.com/2017/03/chips-and-aminos/

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RandiW said:

I believe that all coconut animos, regardless of the nectar language are W30 compliant, fyi. Plantain chips not so much.

https://whole30.com/2017/03/chips-and-aminos/

Yes, but she's saying she got something that was a sweetener in her coffee which then was not fermented with added salt... coconut sap maybe be the base ingredient in both the sweetener and the aminos but the sweetener would NOT be compliant.

Archived