Any ways to make Whole30 food/meals easier/faster?

rozamu

Any one have some helpful hints on how to make food easier and fasterwithout making it even more expensive? We’re spendig so much time on food making that it’s making life way too stressful. We go to the gym 2 days a week, go indoor rock climbing 2 nights a week, fixing up a house to sell, own 2 dogs and a cat and we aren’t willing to give up any of these things. That may sound awful but we need to get rid of this house, we need to be good pet owners and working out is so good emotionally and mentally, we need these things. 

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, rozamu said:

Any one have some helpful hints on how to make food easier and fasterwithout making it even more expensive? We’re spendig so much time on food making that it’s making life way too stressful. We go to the gym 2 days a week, go indoor rock climbing 2 nights a week, fixing up a house to sell, own 2 dogs and a cat and we aren’t willing to give up any of these things. That may sound awful but we need to get rid of this house, we need to be good pet owners and working out is so good emotionally and mentally, we need these things. 

Eating whole foods doesn't have to be complicated, extensively time involved or expensive... you can google 'whole30 meal prepping' and 'whole30 on a budget' and 'whole30 quick meals' etc... to get discussions surrounding this point on this forum and likely some blog posts that will help... it's not uncommon for people taking on this program to be richly scheduled with full time jobs, children, pets, home projects, hobbies and general life so I'm sure there will be tips to help you if you do a bit of digging.

• Moderators

Making big batches of food is the key. Chili, roasts, meatballs, whole chickens (or cook two at once!) etc. The slow cooker saves you hands on time. An InstantPot or pressure cooker can get you meals ready to eat within 15 minutes depending on what you're cooking.

Whole30 Freezer Meals (5-part series based on recipes from The Whole30 book).

Here's what I came up with when I searched for whole30 freezer meals: https://www.google.com/search?q=whole30+freezer+meals&ie=&oe=   (verify recipes are compliant before cooking)

InstantPot/Pressure Cooker Recipes from Nom Nom Paleo

Frozen veggies can be microwaved in 5 minutes. 

Well Fed blog has a great post on making meals from ingredients that are fancy yet simple.

I highly recommend getting the Well Fed cookbook - lots of simple, easy meals and a tutorial in how to cook up food for the week in just ONE HOUR. She also has a new one, Well Fed Weeknights which are all fast and easy recipes.

Finally, consider getting the Whole30 Fast and Easy cookbook that just came out.

Happy cooking (or assembling)!

4 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Eating whole foods doesn't have to be complicated, extensively time involved or expensive... you can google 'whole30 meal prepping' and 'whole30 on a budget' and 'whole30 quick meals' etc... to get discussions surrounding this point on this forum and likely some blog posts that will help... it's not uncommon for people taking on this program to be richly scheduled with full time jobs, children, pets, home projects, hobbies and general life so I'm sure there will be tips to help you if you do a bit of digging.

Thank you for the search ideas! I will be searching and reading! 

3 hours ago, ultrarunnergirl said:

Making big batches of food is the key. Chili, roasts, meatballs, whole chickens (or cook two at once!) etc. The slow cooker saves you hands on time. An InstantPot or pressure cooker can get you meals ready to eat within 15 minutes depending on what you're cooking.

Whole30 Freezer Meals (5-part series based on recipes from The Whole30 book).

Here's what I came up with when I searched for whole30 freezer meals: https://www.google.com/search?q=whole30+freezer+meals&ie=&oe=   (verify recipes are compliant before cooking)

InstantPot/Pressure Cooker Recipes from Nom Nom Paleo

Frozen veggies can be microwaved in 5 minutes. 

Well Fed blog has a great post on making meals from ingredients that are fancy yet simple.

I highly recommend getting the Well Fed cookbook - lots of simple, easy meals and a tutorial in how to cook up food for the week in just ONE HOUR. She also has a new one, Well Fed Weeknights which are all fast and easy recipes.

Finally, consider getting the Whole30 Fast and Easy cookbook that just came out.

Happy cooking (or assembling)!

We have the Whole30 fast and easy cookbook! Obviously I need to look closer! We also have well fed and we’ll fed 2 so I will take a closer look at those too! 

Thank you for all the ideas!

Archived