Franks Red Hot

Anne Therese

• Administrators

Did you look at the ingredients on the Frank's? Most places the original is compliant but you have to look at the one you plan to buy. If all the ingredients are compliant than the item is fine.

Mushroom powder I've found at a gourmet kitchen store. No clue where you live so hard to say. Try googling. 

• Administrators

@BrianM - as I mentioned above, it is critical that everyone look at the ingredients of the one that they intend to buy. Recipes and formulas can change without notice and are often different regionally. Just because the one you looked at is compliant, doesn't necessarily mean that they all are or that they will be forever.

• Administrators
Just now, BrianM said:

I should have been more specific and stated the Original Franks' Red Hot is complaint. I do not know abut he variations. Thank you for pointing out my "mistake".stated that in the beginning of my post.

Sorry, I think you misunderstand me. Just because the Original Frank's is compliant where YOU are, doesn't mean it's compliant where I am. Every person must check the ingredients of the item they wish to use, even if the Headmistress herself says it's compliant where SHE is. If it doesn't have a Whole30 Approved label on it, we all have to check each item each time we buy it.

It's so true! I shop in the same general area and sometimes the Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste is compliant and sometimes it isn't... So weird, but definitely ALWAYS, ALWAYS check your labels! 

I also purchased something from Thrive Market that was on some sort of list called "Melissa's Whole30 Favorites" and it wasn't actually compliant, which I didn't realize until after I purchased it!

Don't take things for granted. Just make it a practice to read your labels. Every. Single. Time. 

Archived