Crushed garlic in a jar with glucose

tamar

Hi,

I was just double-checking my jar of garlic to make sure there aren't any sulfites (I think I'm scarred from finding them everywhere...) and I suddenly noticed glucose as the final ingredient listed!

High school biology was a long time ago but I'm pretty sure glucose is sugar, right? So it's out?

I'm really hoping someone will correct me because I'm spoiled and I never use fresh garlic unless I need whole cloves :blink:

I always use the pre-minced garlic and ginger but all the ones I can find contain a soy product so I've been chopping it myself during my whole30. I miss the pre-chopped stuff so much, it was so quick and easy.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, AnitaC said:

I always use the pre-minced garlic and ginger but all the ones I can find contain a soy product so I've been chopping it myself during my whole30. I miss the pre-chopped stuff so much, it was so quick and easy.

It's not as good as fresh, but when I'm in a hurry, I use garlic powder and onion powder instead.

You can also chop and freeze onions, garlic, and other vegetables you use often -- Google each type of veggie and look for instructions. Here's one I found for doing a bunch if garlic at once:  https://www.theyummylife.com/Mince_Freeze_Garlic

Archived