HELP! Pre-made/packaged food at Costco, TJ's, Sprouts

ninergirl33

Hello! I am on Day 15 and all of the cooking (+ chopping + food shopping) is wearing me down.  I'm looking for more pre-packaged compliant food options at Costco, TJ's and Sprouts.  I've dug up many Whole30 shopping lists, but some are several years old.  I go hunting for the items, only to find that they are no longer stocked at Costco/TJ's.  Anyone have any go-to suggestions for these stores? Please? Thanks in advance.

Costco

- Aidell's Chicken Apple Sausage

-Aidell's Organic Chicken Basil & Roasted Garlic Meatballs

Trader Joe's

-Chipotle Lime Chicken Burgers

-Turkey Burgers

-Simply Mango Slices

Sprouts

-Yai's Thai Curry

-Rao's Pasta Sauce

-Paleo Bacon

I hear ya-that was the hardest part of whole30 for me, all the prep! It does sort of become less cumbersome as you get used to it, but it is still a lot of work. (And I just noticed that you wrote this a while ago-sorry I just saw it). You are getting so close!

I love the produce at TJs. I get the cruciferous crunch (slaw type mix of kale, brussels, cabbage) and it is so good (and easy) to just saute it in some coconut oil or olive oil. They have other bagged salad type things that are good, too-like pre shredded brussels, baby spinach, cauliflower rice, kale etc. I tried the sweet potato ribbons and they were just ok. Not worth the $ for me since I have a spiralizer and I like them better that way. They also sell some TJ brand sausages and a couple are compliant (check labels), I think I have had the spicy italian ones, a nice change from the Aidell's (which I love, too). I get my organic coconut milk there, it's a great price.  At Costco, we get the Aidell's sausages, Angus burgers (frozen), and they are actually really good-and easy to heat in a skillet. And there is a frozen vegetable mix (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower) that is pretty good (and a great value). I roast them for 20 min at 450, so easy. The bag is huge and lasts a long time-as long as you can fir it in your freezer! Those are my go-to easy-to-make compliant foods. I tried some of those lists, and yes, sometimes the items are not available anymore, and think what also helped me was just setting aside an hour to wander the aisles and read some labels. 

Here are some of my favorites from Costco: 

• Kirkland Signature Smoked Pulled Pork (just boil the package for 12-15 minutes and it's ready to go)
  • Aidells Chicken and Apple Smoked Chicken Sausage
  • Parma Prosciutto di Parma
  • Farmhouse Culture Classic Caraway Kraut 
  • True Story Organic Oven Roasted Turkey Breast Snack Packs (can you say post-workout meal anyone?)
  • True Story Organic Chicken Breast (they're chunks of chicken breasts that are great pre- or post-workout, or I've even created a meal with them when in a rush)
  • Organic Cauliflower Rice (just add some ghee, sautee it up, and you're good to go) 

I buy the frozen Normandy Vegetables at Costco (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots) and toss them (frozen) on a baking tray, drizzle with avocado oil and sprinkle with salt.  Roast at 450 until they are getting some dark brown bits.  I eat them almost everyday at lunchtime.  You can do the same thing with their frozen stirfry blend (I don't because I can't eat nightshades).

Archived