Recipes using chicken sausage links?

samalope

I bought some compliant chicken sausage links and need some ideas for cooking them. I have tried making them just in a pan with some coconut oil and salt and pepper, and they didn't turn out very good. They were so bland, but I guess I can't blame them because I didn't really try to season them.

I need some flavor!

Anyone have good recipe to go with this? Thank ya!

• 1 month later...

I made a recipe using apple chicken sausages from Costco.  Don't have the link as a friend texted it to me - but, here's the basic idea.  Some purple onions, some brussels sprouts halved,  some peppers (any color), some diced sweet potatoes.  Slice the sausages.  Mix in a bowl with a little olive oil and about 1 Tbsp. of seasoning.  I used Bragg organic sprinkle.  Place on a roasting sheet and roast in the oven (400 degrees) until potatoes are tender and/or veggies are browning.  Oh, also add some kosher salt to taste and about 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic. It was delicious!!!

I have sauteed them with shallots and then added some green veg - spinach or arugula. After they veg was wilted I sprinkled some Everything but the Bagel seasoning on top. Pretty good!

I have also used them instead of chicken thighs in Melissa's chicken Hash - yum!

• 1 month later...

I love using cut up chicken sausages in sweet potato hash with red onion and kale. Just brown the sausages first (I think olive oil tastes better than coconut oil for this), then make the hash and add the sausage bits back in at the end.

Archived