Need Eggless Breakfast Ideas

cassiemarie10

I am in desperate need of breakfast ideas that don't include eggs.  I'm on day one of my Whole30, and I just came to a shocking discovery.  I don't like eggs.  I just ate most of my spinach and tomato scramble, and I'm pretty sure I had the same facial expression that my 11 year old son has he's eating broccoli.  Pre-Whole30 I used to just put my eggs on a piece of toast or wrap them in a tortilla so I didn't really taste it, now there's nowhere to hide.  I guess I could just eat the whites.  I like hardboiled egg whites.  

What is your favorite eggless breakfast?

Roasted grapefruit...roasted brussel sprouts with bacon.. 1/2 slicedavocado

or

coconut cream,  pineapple (chunks including the juice), sliced banana, coconut flakes with a healthy scoop of warm almond butter drizzled on top!

You can eat anything for breakfast you would any other meal.

I actually love a nice piece of grilled salmon and a baked potato for breakfast... it actually gives me more energy longer through out my morning.

I tend to eat a smaller lighter "breakfast food" for dinner... 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Kbart64 said:

Roasted grapefruit...roasted brussel sprouts with bacon.. 1/2 slicedavocado

or

coconut cream,  pineapple (chunks including the juice), sliced banana, coconut flakes with a healthy scoop of warm almond butter drizzled on top!

You can eat anything for breakfast you would any other meal.

I actually love a nice piece of grilled salmon and a baked potato for breakfast... it actually gives me more energy longer through out my morning.

I tend to eat a smaller lighter "breakfast food" for dinner... 

We would not recommend the first two things that you listed as a breakfast that is going to make you feel your best.  Neither of them have protein and both are very fruit heavy.  You're right on with the grilled salmon and potato for breakfast and there's a good reason it gives you more energy longer through the day.

@cassiemarie10 - google 'whole30 lets talk non traditional breakfast' and a multipage thread will come up with tons of non egg breakfasts that you can make.

One of the most helpful mental hurdles you can overcome is to get over your concept of what breakfast "should" look like. Seriously, just starting making meals that match the meal template and eat that for breakfast. No eggs necessary! It will be to your benefit and I'm confident you'll actually start to like it at some point! 

Here are two of my favorites, one a more traditional breakfast and one not at all. 

1. BBQ chicken with brussel sprouts,  green beans, or baby carrots cooked up in ghee, with a generous heap of guacamole 
  2. spiralized sweet potato/russet potato combo cooked in ghee with salt, pepper, and Spice Cave Land Seasoning; served with three over-easy eggs on top and a side of bacon 

I CANNOT do any sort of egg scramble for breakfast. Ew. But, for whatever reason, over-easy eggs with some form of potato is DELICIOUS to me! Yum! And I really do love me some BBQ chicken in the mornings now too! 

My favorite non-egg breakfast is a turkey burger patty and a sliced avocado. I get the turkey burgers from Trader Joe's. I fry them from frozen in a little ghee or coconut oil. I either season them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder or put a little Tessemae's ketchup on top. You can add any sort of raw or cooked vegetable (I like sauerkraut, for instance) to make the meal large enough to keep you feeling full until lunch.

Another non-egg breakfast I eat often is coconut chia pudding.

Recipe:

• 13.5oz can of coconut milk
  • 1/4 C chia seeds
  • 1/4 C unsweetened, unsulfured shredded coconut
  • Warm up can of coconut milk slightly in a hot water bath or in the microwave until it is completely liquid. Mix wiith other ingredients. Refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight. Makes 4 servings.

You can eat it cold or warm it up. When serving, you can add some diced, seasonal fruit or spices like cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. You can also toast some shredded coconut and sprinkle that on top for extra flavor and a bit of crunch.

I had trouble eating it at first because of the lack of sweetness, but my tastes changed during my Whole30 and I learned to enjoy it. The combination of fiber and fat keep me feeling full for hours.

If the texture is too thin for your tastes, you can increase the amount of chia seeds you use by another tablespoon or two.

That sounds delicious. I’ll have to try it. This morning I care to the conclusion that I may need to go completely eggless for my W30. After eating mayo yesterday and hard boiled eggs this morning I got terrible gas and had to run to the bathroom within 20 minutes of finishing my meal. Although when I used the rest of my mayo for ranch that didn’t seem to bother my stomach. That kind of bums me out because eggs are such a cheap source of protein!

That chia seed pudding is highly not recommended for a Whole30.  The meal has no vegetables and very little protein, is high in seeds which are best limited, is dangerously close to re-creating oatmeal, and in no way follows the recommended meal template.

Archived