Round Two of Whole30 starting August 4th. Anyone with me??

Hope4Overcomers

10 minutes ago, wp3 said:

@Hope4OvercomersSorry to hear you are dealing with that. It's inspiring that you are still keeping up with the whole30. Great job! 

@wp3 you are soooo sweet! Helps a lot especially since I’ve banned sugar, etc! :D

Thank you for your true support! Let’s kick this thing out of the ball park!!!

Blessings,

Dianne

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Talentsleuth said:

I am starting for my first time. Plan to spend all day today getting ready and prepping my protein and veggies for the week ! I am a newbie so will be on the forum a lot! In September I turn 60 so I’d like to get my act together for this part of my life once and for all.

@Talentsleuth welcome aboard! I’m sooo glad to have you on this journey with us! Plus I totally get the “60” thing as I just turned 62. Whole30 is only going to help us rock and roll into this new era!!

So, so, glad you’re with us! Post away! We’re here for ya!!

Be encouraged!!!

Dianne

Howdy Partners!! :D

How is everyone doing today??? Can’t wait to hear!

Things have calmed down here and I’m more able to focus. Yayyy! That is if I could focus in the midst of sugar withdrawal! :rolleyes:

I’m like “eggs and spinach and garlic and onions, etc, again....really???!!!” Yep. Till I get to the store that’s the deal with a pure tea. It’s good for me. I’m actually very grateful.

Speaking of grateful, I’m grateful for each of you and look forward to keeping up with you today!

Gentle Hugs To All! Be encouraged!

Dianne

Hi @Hope4Overcomers!

I am on my 6th day today and feeling so much better than the first few days! I am pretty proud of myself actually after my crazy weekend. I went to a party on Saturday and brought my own food and didn't consume any alcohol. On Sunday I went out on a boat with friends and brought snacks for myself and when we had lunch I got a turkey burger with a salad and used hot sauce as dressing as I didn't know if any of the restaurant dressings were compliant. I feel like I have finally got over the hump of craving sugar and bread ect. and now crave all the good Whole 30 approved food I have been eating. By the way one of my favorite go to foods has been the curry chicken salad lettuce wraps from the Fast & Easy book. This book has been a life saver with working full time because the meals are so easy and quick to whip up.

Hope everyone is doing well too! Stay strong :) 

Meg

On 7/19/2018 at 11:22 AM, Hope4Overcomers said:

I just want to encourage anyone else thinking of starting anywhere around August 4th to join us! We’re small so far but mighty! Join in and you’ll be glad you did! Dianne

I am starting August 6. Looking forward to it. Just got back from vacation and needed some motivation to get back to basics. Usually I eat Paleo style with intermittent fasting. Looking for something new to get back on track. 

Hi @Hope4Overcomers!

I woke up in the middle of the night (day for me) aching pretty badly all over my body. Not sure what that was all about. Fell back asleep and when I woke up most of the aches were gone.Maybe some weird detox thing?

Things were much better last night at work  with my energy levels. I almost felt like I had all of my energy back. Almost. I hope this is a sign things will be easy from here on out. *crossing fingers*

Kind of a strange thing: I felt like there was this sensation of warmth surging from just above my ankles to my feet, over and over. It lasted for an hour, maybe? I think I told you guys my feet hurt in the morning until they get warmed up. Sometimes they hurt during the day too. I kind of wondered if this was a sign my body is trying to heal itself. I've certainly never experienced something like that before. It's over now. And yes, my feet still hurt for now. Hoping this diet will fix that.

Went to the store and was a bit tempted when I walked by the bakery section. My eyes glazed over a bit when I saw all the cakes. I stayed strong and only purchased whole30 foods. Yay!

Had a craving for chicken and now I am roasting one. Annoyed because I forgot how long they take to cook and I'm really hungry right now. Still figuring out portion sizes for myself.

I'm trying some nutpods with my tea right now while I wait and it's not bad. It'd be a heck of a lot tastier with a big pile of sugar! ;)

Thanks for checking in.

54 minutes ago, Loren Laughlin said:

I am starting August 6. Looking forward to it. Just got back from vacation and needed some motivation to get back to basics. Usually I eat Paleo style with intermittent fasting. Looking for something new to get back on track. 

Whoot Whoot! Welcome @Loren LaughlinSo totally glad you’ve joined us!!! Again, welcome! This group rocks!!

Be encouraged, 

Dianne

@wp3 Thank you! Good job to you as well! The grocery store is for sure a tempting place. I try to stay as far from the bakery as possible when I go for that exact reason. Just a little tip for chicken by the way. If you want a quick way to have some chicken I boiled a bunch and then shredded it. Now whenever it's time for a meal I take a little bit out toss it in either buffalo or the Fast & Easy curry sauce and eat it in a lettuce wrap. I am addicted. I eat that at least once a day. 

55 minutes ago, wp3 said:

Hi @Hope4Overcomers!

I woke up in the middle of the night (day for me) aching pretty badly all over my body. Not sure what that was all about. Fell back asleep and when I woke up most of the aches were gone.Maybe some weird detox thing?

Things were much better last night at work  with my energy levels. I almost felt like I had all of my energy back. Almost. I hope this is a sign things will be easy from here on out. *crossing fingers*

Kind of a strange thing: I felt like there was this sensation of warmth surging from just above my ankles to my feet, over and over. It lasted for an hour, maybe? I think I told you guys my feet hurt in the morning until they get warmed up. Sometimes they hurt during the day too. I kind of wondered if this was a sign my body is trying to heal itself. I've certainly never experienced something like that before. It's over now. And yes, my feet still hurt for now. Hoping this diet will fix that.

Went to the store and was a bit tempted when I walked by the bakery section. My eyes glazed over a bit when I saw all the cakes. I stayed strong and only purchased whole30 foods. Yay!

Had a craving for chicken and now I am roasting one. Annoyed because I forgot how long they take to cook and I'm really hungry right now. Still figuring out portion sizes for myself.

I'm trying some nutpods with my tea right now while I wait and it's not bad. It'd be a heck of a lot tastier with a big pile of sugar! ;)

Thanks for checking in.

@wp3 you got this!!! I’m empathizing with you as I drink my “straight up” pure Irish Tea! Smile. But, hey, we’re doing this thing! Overcomers, one and all!!

Dianne

15 minutes ago, Meg1130 said:

@wp3 Thank you! Good job to you as well! The grocery store is for sure a tempting place. I try to stay as far from the bakery as possible when I go for that exact reason. Just a little tip for chicken by the way. If you want a quick way to have some chicken I boiled a bunch and then shredded it. Now whenever it's time for a meal I take a little bit out toss it in either buffalo or the Fast & Easy curry sauce and eat it in a lettuce wrap. I am addicted. I eat that at least once a day. 

You've definitely got me curious about that recipe. It sounds delish. I'm going to have to check out that cookbook.

@Sparoblu I have all three Well Fed books and I absolutely ADORE them all! Mel Joulwan is incredible. 

In general folks, if you're looking for incredible depth of flavor and some international food options, Mel Joulwan is awesome. She has a website with a ton of her recipes, plus three cookbooks. I routinely use all four resources! Here are some of my favorites: 

It sounds like everyone is doing great so far! Congrats!! 

On another thread a while back, the group decided to do a burger night. I thought that sounded like fun! Would anyone be interested in picking a night and all doing a burger night "together"? 

Regardless, here are some awesome burger recipes I have always wanted to try and will definitely make time to eat this round: 

24 minutes ago, kirbz said:

@Sparoblu I have all three Well Fed books and I absolutely ADORE them all! Mel Joulwan is incredible. 

In general folks, if you're looking for incredible depth of flavor and some international food options, Mel Joulwan is awesome. She has a website with a ton of her recipes, plus three cookbooks. I routinely use all four resources! Here are some of my favorites: 

Thanks again, @kirbz!!You offer a wealth of tastey and extremely helpful resources! I appreciate you!! Dianne

23 minutes ago, kirbz said:

On another thread a while back, the group decided to do a burger night. I thought that sounded like fun! Would anyone be interested in picking a night and all doing a burger night "together"? 

Regardless, here are some awesome burger recipes I have always wanted to try and will definitely make time to eat this round: 

That interests me a great deal! Would love a burger night! Here in the southwest state of New Mexico it will call for having green and red chilies on hand!! :) Dianne

@Meg1130 For salmon cakes, I buy Bumble Bee Alaska Sockeye Red Salmon. I don't think I would eat it straight out of the can but it makes great salmon cakes!! It has a nice chunky texture. But, also note that it does have some of the skin and some bone (that you just eat because they're super small and soft and a good source of calcium). I can find this at almost any  grocery store. 

For eating out of the can or putting on salads, I use Kirkland Signature Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon, which I buy at Costco. 

1 hour ago, kirbz said:

LOL. I've been eating burgers practically every day except for today. I am totally burned out at this point. Going to bow out of that one. 

I have Well Fed 1 and 2 but just haven't tried a lot of the recipes yet. Will have to dig into those soon.

I'm eating way too much bacon!

I've eaten seven meals since starting Whole30 on Saturday... And I've eaten bacon with four of those meals. Yikes! I need to lay off the bacon and eat more greens! LOL. 

Archived