Hello! Starting January 14

feenix2010

Since I have to go away for a family event this weekend, I have decided to be smart and set my starting date for Monday, January 14.  This will also allow me to plan out my meals and go grocery shopping on Sunday.  

My reason for starting this is two-fold. 

1. I live with an autoimmune disease (psoriatic arthritis with some psoriasis).  While my medications are working wonders to control it, it would be nice if I could control the inflammation some and be able to cut down on one of my meds.  
  2. I have been feeling sluggish since gaining some weight.  I want to shed some weight and get my energy levels back in check.  

Who else is starting on the 14th? 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, SchrodingersCat said:

Oh, I really want to make mayo but I'm not sure what I want it on, and I don't want to make it until I need it :)

It's great as a dip for roasted vegetables. Or in deviled eggs or chicken or tuna salad. Or there's some ideas for flavored mayos, dips, and sauces here:  https://whole30.com/2014/08/mayo-ghee-sauces/.  Just in case you need some ideas. 

Hi everyone! Just found the "starting 1/14" page. My friend, Liz, and I started 1/14 and so far so good. This is my second round and her first. I am not having near the issues I had in round 1, like crying every day. Perhaps because I did that round all alone. So just checking in for now and will watch all the wonderful progress and ideas from my seat in the Dallas, TX area.

On 1/14/2019 at 8:44 AM, Emily Carveth said:

Me too! Kicked off this morning! Hoping to help manage my anxiety, depression (and subsequent weight gain from psych meds) and rosacea.

From my 2017 round 1 of Whole30, I found the depression and anxiety peaked for me on Day 3. A moderator suggested adding potatoes to help with the transition. It helped me. Good luck, stay on the forum--it helps too. I was never a big forum junkie, but you get inspiration and good ideas. You also figure out that what you are feeling is normal.

Archived